Happy Birthday.

EXO drabbles and ficlets

“Happy Birthday, Sehunnie!”

Sehun smiled, rolling his eyes playfully; it was probably the hundredth time Luhan had told him that today. He smiled up at his hyung, saying, “Yes, it’s my birthday. I totally didn’t know that, thank you for telling me.”

“Oh, shut up. I bought you bubble tea, so you should be grateful.” However, Luhan was smiling back at him, and just that bright smile alone was enough to make a million tiny little butterflies appear in his stomach.

He greatly appreciated the other’s efforts to make his birthday a good one, and they had most definitely worked. Sehun had felt like he was walking on air the entire day, loving the feeling of Luhan’s hand in his own, admiring the smile on his pretty lips or the adorable laugh whenever Sehun said something funny. The elder had insisted on taking him out for his birthday, and they ended up going shopping for a while and then getting bubble tea.

Now, however, they were sitting on the couch in EXO-K’s dorm. Well, Sehun was sitting with Luhan lying down, his head on Sehun’s lap. At the moment, he was playing with Luhan’s hair, running his fingers absentmindedly through the soft locks, when the latter suddenly sat up, placing a quick, sweet peck on his lips.

“Do you know what else today is?” Luhan asked, with excitement clear in his voice.

“No, what else is today?” He had a feeling he knew, or could at least guess, but he decided to give Luhan his fun anyway. The look in his eyes, the smile on his face, the way he seemingly radiated happiness, was all too cute for Sehun. He wanted nothing more than to just grab Luhan and hug, hug, hug until his arms hurt.

But Luhan brought up a finger, motioning for Sehun to come closer, and so he did. Once he was within whispering range, the elder leaned close to his ear. “We’ve been together for six months, you silly. Surely you didn’t forget, did you?”

Sehun shook his head, looking at his boyfriend with innocent eyes. Of course he hadn’t forgotten; he’d been so happy to find that their six-month anniversary was on his birthday that it would have been nearly impossible to forget.

“No, Luhan! How could I forget something like that? Really, I’m not that bad of a boyfriend. Am I?” he asked, feigning innocence.

“Of course you aren’t~” Luhan said in a sing-song, smiling rather cutely. “You’re the best boyfriend ever! The best one I’ve ever had, anyway. And guess what?” He didn’t give Sehun any time to respond to his question before he was continuing on, ridiculously bright and happy smile firmly in place.

“I love you!” Luhan nearly shouted as he threw his arms around the younger’s neck and then proceeded to scatter light, playful kisses all over his face.

 If anyone else had been around, Sehun might have been embarrassed. But thankfully it was just the two of them, no one to bother or interrupt them. Sehun had somehow been able to bribe Joonmyun into taking the rest of EXO-K out for the day (and maybe even the night) because it was his birthday.

Still, he let out a small whine of “Luhan hyung, that’s gross~!” to which Luhan only responded with more kisses. It wasn’t as if Sehun was actually complaining, however. Kisses from Luhan always meant a very happy maknae.

Though shortly, Luhan pulled away from his kiss attack and pouted at his younger boyfriend. “I said I love you and you didn’t say it back,” he whined.

“You know I do, though,” argued Sehun, reaching up to poke at Luhan’s pouting lip.

Luhan nodded. “Yes, I know you love me, but I still like to hear you say it.”

With a fake sigh and a playful roll of his eyes, Sehun made kissy faces at the elder. “Luhan hyung, I love you! Can I have a real kiss now~?”

A giggle and a nod was his response, and then a pair of soft, smooth lips was pressed to his own. It was nothing but sweet and gentle, similar to most of the kisses they shared. Sehun quickly found himself becoming breathless and overwhelmed with everything that was Luhan, from the pleasant scent of his skin to the silky feeling of the hair his fingers were currently running through. Luhan was, in his opinion, the very definition of perfection.

As they pulled away from each other’s lips, they were both smiling.

“Happy Birthday, Sehunnie,” Luhan whispered.

The best one he’s had so far.

 


 

Thank you for reading!

I had very much fun with writing this one. HunHan isn't my favorite Luhan ship (It's actually my third favorite, behind XiuHan and KrisHan) but I still love to read and write it. It's not Sehun's birthday, or even close to Sehun's birthday, but I had this idea and I felt like writing it so I did. Yay.

Please anticipate the other drabbles! I plan on writing at least one for each pairing. So far I also have SuChen, ChanSoo and SeKaiLu drabbles planned out and ready to write. Please leave a comment if you liked it and tell me why if you didn't, and here's a HunHan gif for ya!