Nosy Friends

Stumbling


///ok lol I think I have commitment issues to fics but I typed this up a while ago and figured I might as well put it up even though it's a little messy since I said I would update like 6 billion years ago OTL (and thanks to you guys who were supporting me!! qwq)

 

------

 

 

Minzy sighed, satisfied. She had had a very nice dinner (and didn’t have to pay a single dime!) and was on her way back back to 2ne1's dorm via taxi. She checked the time. 7:45pm. For such an eventful evening, it was still pretty early. She laid her head against the back of the seat and closed her eyes.

 

Ping!

 

Minzy opened her eyes, but didn't move. Whatever it was could probably wait.

 

Ping! Ping! Ping!

 

Okay, maybe it couldn't. Minzy grunted in annoyance and pulled her phone out of her pocket to check who the hell was spamming her.

 

From chaeriri unnie:

MINZY THIS IS AWFUL THE HALMEONIES JUST PUT IN THE SECOND MOVIE

 

Minzy grinned at the screen and typed a quick reply.

 

To chaeriri unnie:

wow what movie is it?

 

The next three were all from the same person.

 

From loser deuk:

yo has your lame fest ended yet?

 

you wish you’d have come with us instead right?

 

minzy come to the normal place.

 

Minzy scoffed. Her fingers flew over the keyboard.

 

To loser deuk:

whatever you probably just can't find someone to dance with you.

 

The replies came instantly.

 

From chaeriri unnie:

I don't know but it's a romantic comedy and it burns my eyes.

 

From loser deuk:

aish just come okay? also you didn't answer my question.

 

Minzy shook her head and sent a quick "fine I'm coming " to Duekkie followed by a few words of motivation to CL.

She informed the driver of the change in plans and sunk back into her seat, ignoring the rest of the pings from her phone.

 

~~~~~

“Oh, Minzy, you came?”

 

Minzy smiled at Young Don. “Your brother was begging and I figured it was better to come than to face his five-year old tantrum.”

 

Donny’s laugh was cut off by Deuk who had, unfortunately, been in earshot. “Yah Minzy! Stop talking behind your precious best friend’s back with his brother.”

 

Minzy raised her eyebrows, but Deuk just grinned and pulled her away as Donny shouted, “Best friend? Minzy, what about me?!”.

 

Deuk led Minzy through the crowds of people, primarily YG’s dancers, stopping only briefly for a few greetings before settling at a two-seat table along one of the walls of the room. Minzy sat across from Deuk and leaned her elbows on the table. “So. What would you like to know, abbeuji?”

 

Deuk wrinkled his nose at the honorific. “That’s oppa to you, and, tell me, how bad was the party that you ended up getting here at 8?”

 

“It wasn’t bad! It’s just that we decided to go home after dinner, mostly cause CNU was in a bad mood.” Deuk cocked his head a little in question, and Minzy clarified, “Well, he had to pay for the whole dinner.” Deuk was still confused. “Because he stole my skittles.”

 

“Oh.” Deuk’s face split into a big, knowing grin. “And he didn’t have the sense to run.”

 

“Actually, he did! But from what it seemed, he crashed into Taemin-ssi and made him spill a bunch of icecream. Then he had to help clean up...or try to help, I guess.”

 

“Wait. Taemin-ssi?! Like, Shinee Taemin-ssi?!”

 

Minzy nodded her head.

 

“Maknae and lead dancer of Shinee Taemin-ssi?!!”

 

Minzy nodded again.

 

“Don’t you know what you have to do?”

 

Minzy looked at Deuk, completely clueless. “Wha-”

 

“Introduce me to him! He’s an amazing dancer and I’ve always admired him. Ah Minzy chingu you are really wonderful; I’m so glad you went to that party with those kids, you have always known the right thing to do.”

 

“...Thanks for those empty praises but I don’t have his number or anything.”

 

“Oh.”

 

They stared at each other awkwardly for a while. Mostly Minzy revelling at the discovery of Deuk’s little celebrity crush and Deuk feeling embarrassed for revealing it in the first place. Then Deuk shook his head and stood up, walking over to Minzy’s side of the table and grabbing her hand. “Well, let’s dance.”

 

She obliged and they made their way to the middle of the room, towards the rippling crowd of bodies. When they reached an empty spot, Minzy laughed suddenly.  

 

“What.”

 

“Pabo. You really did just need someone to dance with.”

 

“Not true! Plenty of girls wanted to dance with me. I just prefer dancing with you cause you’re actually good. You should be honored.”

 

“Sure, none of these professional dancers were good enough for you.”

 

“Aish, you’re feeling really sassy today. Just dance with me.”

 

And so they commenced, swaying and popping to the fast beat of the music. Their moves flowed together seamlessly as they circled each other in what looked like half a duet, and half a competition. This was how it always was with Minzy and Deuk--they fit together like two peas in a pod. Then a third body abruptly bust its way into their partnership.

 

“Can I be part of the best friend club too, pleeaase?” Donny whined, doing some sort of begging motion that somehow matched the beat of the song.

 

Minzy could have busted a lung laughing. Deuk put a hand on Donny’s shoulder. “I think that answers your question, dearest brother,” he said, tipping his head towards Minzy gasping for air. Donny faked a pout and flipped his imaginary hair over his shoulder.

 

“Whatever guys, you’re lame anyway,” he said good-naturedly, strutting away from them.

 

They stared after him for a couple of seconds, then giggled to each other at Donny’s antics and resumed their duet.

"Oppa, I have a free day tomorrow."

 

Deuk gazed at her knowingly. It was pretty common for them to spend free time together, being the two honorable members of the "best friend club".

 

"And where are we going?"

 

"You wanna help me walk Dougie at the park? After that I'm planning on hitting the cafe."

 

"Sure. 9 o'clock, I'll meet you at the park, okay?"

 

"Great."

 

~~~~~

 

Minzy left the party around ten, figuring that she should probably save CL from the hell that was Bom and Dara's idea of a fun slumber party. As she approached the door to the dorm, she heard the muffled tell-tale squeals of her two unnies, followed by an even more muffled groan which could only have been CL.

 

She entered the key and swung open the door. "Unnies, I'm home!"

 

All three girls turned to stare at Minzy with a wide variety of expressions: CL with relief and hope, Bom with excitement, and Dara with an intense glare that probably meant she was excited as well. Or ready to kill someone. Then, all at once there was pandemonium. CL broke out of the loosened grasps of her unnies (Minzy imagined they must have been holding her down to watch the movie) and sprinted towards Minzy almost desperately, yelling "Saranghae! Saranghaeyo!".

 

Bom rolled onto the ground, pedalling the air and screaming,"Bring her to me!", and Dara clambered over the back of the couch they had been sitting on (nearly toppling it over in the process), screeching,

 

"My baby! Tell me everything!"

 

~~~~~

 

It was 1 AM when Minzy finally fell onto her lovely mattress. Her unnies had kept her up the whole time (after Dara convinced CL to help interrogate, it became a true group effort to her dry of information). They had been especially interested in Taemin's unexpected entrance but still managed to quiz her on everything, from how full the skittles bag was before CNU had stolen it to what kind of food Taemin had ordered.

They were also particularly proud of her for landing a free dinner.

 

 

---------

//// well that's it!! It was mostly about Minzy's friends (aka the side characters lmao) but I originally wanted her strong friendships to be emphasized here so yep~~ I have a blurry idea of what the next chapter will hold but I hope you can be patient with me because as you can see I can't hold a regular update schedule 6__6;;; so yes thanks for reading and putting up with me * 3*,,