Part V

A century waiting for you

Long chapter! Dont forget to click on the links!

 

A Century waiting for you - Part V

 

The anxious lady stared at Jesse’s eyes incessantly, longing for an answer. By the time he was pondering his thoughts, he couldn’t lie now… right?

 

“I can not tell the whole story now… or she will not believe in my love for her… which is real… however… I can not lie either, is not fair… what should I do?”

“Jesse… I do not want to pressure you, but… I saw old portraits in the corridor… and all of them held the same crest… then, I saw a family painting… a noble family painting just like the one that I saw on the museum… and you were on it. The scenario was old, but I am sure that it was you… Jesse, please… tell me truth…”

 

Stephanie pressed on hesitantly when she saw his blank face. The light brown haired vampire sighed and confessed in his mind:

 

“I can tell her part of the truth… when she becomes ready… I will tell her everything… I can not afford to lose her… it is unbearable…”

 

Then, before the young lady could ask again, Jesse gingerly enveloped her fragile hands and looked deeply into her eyes. Not faltering the stare, he thumbed her hand caringly as he started:

 

“My story happened many years ago…”

 

“I lived in Korea with my family. My family or rather, the Jung Clan ruled the provinces with another two clans: Kwon and Shi. For a long time, we lived in harmony and every clan had their specialty. We leaded in medicine and curing herbs with our botanical segment, the Kwon were the specialist in blacksmith, they were the responsible for our army. And lastly, the Shi were the ones who leaded the intellectually and also took care of our country finances.

 

Even when the entire Korea was ruled by three clans, one had to be the head of the others. That was when the real problem started… my blood, the Jung blood had the right to own the land due our royal ancestors. However, since I was the first born, they wanted me to assume the throne, a right that I never longed before, I only wanted to live a peaceful life with… Mi Young…”

 

“Mi Young?”

 

Stephanie asked hesitantly when she noticed a sudden change of expression in Jesse’s eyes, it shows so much sadness. Nonetheless, her heart was divided… this name sounded familiar, but she couldn’t remember where she heard this name before, yet… who was this person for her dear lord… the way he speaks of her certainly is someone very important. Why is her heart aching right now? Then, Jesse tried to cover his woeful semblance as he placed her hand on his lap and gently caressed the milky skin:

 

“Yes… Mi Young…”

 

“She was my fiancée and we would seal our vows after I heard the news that I was the next ruler. I do not take that responsibility, but with her at my side… everything was easier. The news ran all over the provinces and of course, to the other clans. The Kwon gladly accepted the news while Shi… well, they did not take it so lightly…”

 

“But… why?” Stephanie asked carefully, noticing his sudden change of tone… to something angrier? Jesse’s face remained still, yet his eyes were cold than ever as he continued bitterly:

 

“Shi also had a first born… Won. And they claimed the right angrily, saying the Won was the rightful ruler of the land since he was older than me. Ever since we were children… there was always a rivalry between us and only got worse when we grown up, mostly to Won’s side. He always wanted the same thing than me… actually, he never accepted the fact that Mi Young chose me over him. I could not blame her since I knew his reasons were not filled with fondness or love, but jealously and obsession.”

 

“I watched him all those years and I was sure that his heart was filled with hate and darkness. But the worst part was about to come…”

 

“How come? I… I do not understand, Jesse…” The young lady asked even more confused than before as she looked down. However, a patient Jesse caressed her hands and explained:

 

“I will explain…”

 

“Ever since my childhood, I heard rumors that the Shi had another segments beyond the ones that we knew… they used and taught witchcraft between their clan, yet, the knowledge was very well hidden, so no one ever suspected on them… Once I grow up, I thought that this was a silly story that the elders told to the children, so I forgot… Until a one day… everything changed…”

 

“The day before my marriage, I noticed a mysterious letter on my bedroom. Once I read the content, I realized that it was Mi Young’s handwriting. On the letter, she told me that she wanted to meet me alone in the woods. Not thinking too much, I ran to encounter… but when I arrived there… there was not Mi Young, but Won with a wicked smirk in his face while holding a black book in his hand. I was despaired when I saw him holding Mi Young forcefully with his other hand and spelling some unknown words. Enraged, I launched myself to attack him and save her…”

 

“But what happened?” The brunette asked worriedly when she saw Jesse’s eyes tearing up as he looked away. Taking a deep breath, he finalized his story painfully:

 

“Everything happened so fast and I felt like I was raised from the ground and thrown violently against a large rock … I only remembered a flash and Mi Young screaming my name. When I became conscious, his wicked smile widened as he screamed in victory: - You are cursed, Soo Yeon… With this spell you turned into a darkness creature, a blood seeker hated by the men and now… you will have to watch the beloved grown old and die away without you Hahahahaha!]

 

“When I looked down to my hands, they were pale and cold than ever. I noticed that my teeth were sharper than usual. Once I saw my reflection in the water, my eyes were scintillating yellow. I became a monster. But the worst part… it was the heartbroken stare in Mi Young’s eyes, she screamed my name and tried to set herself free from Won’s grip. Horrified by my new semblance, everything turned to black as I fainted. When I woke up, I realized that my family heard the news and became shocked. So, to not stain the clan, they spread to all provinces that I died accidently in the woods. They were heartbroken with my new identity and tried everything to help, but none, nothing was able to turn back in what I used to be…” 

 

“Jesse…” Stephanie caringly held his right cheek once she noticed that a lonely tear ran by his cheek as he kept his head down. Sighing heavily, he confessed in dismay:

 

“I gain a small comfort when I pleaded to my family to help Mi Young and her family to escape from Shi clan and mainly to Won’s hands. Yet… that was my doom, my torment… I had to watch everyone that I loved… die with time while I was still the same, condemned to a cursed immortality. My mother, my father, my younger sister… and Mi Young… I could not drag her to my curse… so I set her free to find a good man and get married, and have a happy life. I watched everything from afar, suffering by time… I managed to stay on the loneliness and darkness for many years as everything was taken away from me…”

 

Stephanie felt her heart aching due his painful tone, his past surely held an open wound in his heart. She wanted to comfort him so badly, to take his pain away. Yet, how could she… when part of her heart was in pain when she heard that name… Mi Young… The young lady knew that it was foolishness to be troubled for this subject, but she couldn’t help, that woman certainly held an important spot in Jesse’ heart… yet… who is she for him now? Is she important? How can she be so sure? A sad frown adorned her face as she tried her best to not show her true emotions and fears to the lord… But everything faded away when he turned her face to his, holding her chin with the utmost care. Her heart pounded madly as she got lost in his hazel and tender eyes. He cupped her face gingerly and confessed breathlessly close to her lips:

 

“However… everything changed when I saw you for the first time…”

 

“What?” A blushing Stephanie asked stupefied while being drawn to those penetrating eyes:

 

“All this time, I pitied myself and did nothing to change my reality. I kept dwelling in my sea of depression. Yet, like a ray of hope, you brought light to my life. At first, I thought I was wrong, I could not feel this for you, it was not right… but the more I tried to deny, the more I knew you… the more I fell hopelessly for you.”

 

Jesse touched her forehead with his as his eyes were closed. His expression showed nothing than the truth, with his hands still holding her face, the young lady couldn’t help to fall more for his ‘spell’ deliberately. The attraction was so strong and it couldn’t be helped. So, he continued softly:

 

“I fought with myself all this time… because I did want to bring this burden to you… to bring my curse… I thought I could stay away from you… but I could not… not anymore…”

 

That moment, Jesse opened his eyes slowly and traced her features lovingly, his eyes shining with his sincere love. Stephanie could only get drown within his eyes, she felt like flying with his words, it was more than enough to wipe any doubt of her heart as he whispered fondly:

 

“I can not change my past… but I can change my future…and…”

 

“… Stephanie… you complete me… only can fill the hole in my soul… I promise I will not give up easily and will fight for our love… I can not exist without you… without your love… I love you with everything I am.”

 

Words could not express what Stephanie felt on this moment. Her heart fluttered incessantly, she felt like her body was hit by a calm and warm wave. Her soul fervently screamed the name of her beloved. There is so many emotions dwelling in her being and she did know how to give the equal confession. So, she let her body guide her senses as she wrapped her arms around his neck firmly and let her lips show how much he meant for her.

 

Their kiss were fervent, longingly and passionate. She tried to convoy all the feeling that she was holding within her heart. In every breath, in every kiss, she confessed breathlessly in his thin lips: “I love you.” Jesse smiled lovingly as he held her protectively in his arms, also uttering words of love to his beloved. They held each other tightly, afraid that if they let go of the grasp, the other would vanish in the air.

 

Once the air was necessary, Jesse merely withdrew to let a panting Stephanie recover her breath. Once her breathing turned to the normal rate, they let their foreheads touch with eyes closed. After awhile, Jesse opened his eyes to admire his love and became astonished in how adorable was Stephanie’s flushed face glowing under the moonlight. It was only when he came back to his senses and already was night. He was about to call her, but became amazed when he realized that the young lady fell asleep in his arms.

 

A smitten grin grown in his cheeks as he gingerly traced her delicate cheek with his fingertips. He didn’t resist and planted a lovingly kiss in her temple. Wanting to put her into a more comfortable position, Jesse carried her in a bridal style effortlessly as he brought her to his residence. Now, he can’t be separated of her anymore… only the thought made his heart ache. He held her close to his body lovingly and looked up to the moon in concern. Tomorrow will be the Masquerade Ball in Siwon’s mansion. For some reasons… he can’t help, but feel afraid of his future, not for him… but for Stephanie. Yet, a serious frown adorned his face as he vowed in his mind certainly:

 

“If someone, anyone tries to hurt her or take her away from me… they will regret of being born…”        

 

~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

 

Hours later, the young lady found herself flailing incessantly in the bed. She had a nightmare where she replayed the scene when the beast with red eyes would attack her. She could see such evilness in those eyes. She was hyperventilating, she tried to run, but her feet got stuck on the ground. When the beast was about to attack, she opened her eyes widely and jolted in the bed:

 

“No!”

 

She was about to scream when she felt a pair of strong arms holding her protectively, Stephanie only became more calm when she heard a soothing voice calming her flailing spirit:

 

“Stephanie, stay calm. I am here now. I am here.”

 

“Oh, Jesse… Thank God… I thought I was…”


“Shh… I am here and I will not let any harm happens to you.”

 

The brunette felt her heart lighter when Jesse placed her head in his shoulder and embraced her tenderly. They sat in silence above the silk and scarlet sheets as the lord brushed her hair lovingly. Again, she felt her heart thumping strongly under his touches, he always had this effect on her. Once she felt herself more tranquil, Stephanie looked to her side and saw the moon glow filling the dark room. It was when it hit her, she quickly looked up to her beloved and asked worriedly:

 

“Jesse, what time is it?”

 

The latter replied casually while brushing her bangs gently: “Almost midnight, why?”

 

“Oh my God! I must be at home soon or else, appa will know about my absence!”

 

“Do not fear, I will take you to your home.”

 

Jesse calmly uttered as he stood up beside the bed. He extended his hand, waiting for acceptance. Stephanie looked at him quizzically, not knowing what he planned. However, since she trusted on him, she placed her hand on his. Nonetheless, she became surprised when the vampire pulled her to his body into a bold move and smiled slyly once he saw her flushed face due their proximity. It was when he whispered into a tantalizing tone close to her awaiting lips:

 

“Hold tight.”

 

Without letting her answer, Jesse carried her into a bridal-style as he faster than a lighting, brought her to her balcony. The brunette became flabbergasted with his speed, Jesse doesn’t fail to surprise her in the end. He smiled charmingly down at the flushed brunette in his arms, the scene was adorable, much more when she looked dumbfounded and shy under his intense stare. The vampire gently placed the lady on the balcony’s floor as he stood before her. The couple held a meaningful stare as they heard voices inside the house:

 

“Good night, Master Hwang. Are you looking for Lady Hwang?”

 

“Oh good night for you too, Judith. Yes, I just want to say good night for my daughter.”

 

Stephanie’s eyes widened when she heard the voice of her father approaching of her room. Looking back at the light brown haired vampire, the brunette frenetically, yet gingerly pushed him from the balcony while whispering quickly:

 

“Oh my God! Jesse, you must go! If my father sees you here, I – I do not want to think about it-!”

 

“Shhh, do not worry, my dear. I … I am leaving.”

 

However, Stephanie realized that she was tactless with her beloved. But it wasn’t her fault, it was because she was really afraid that her father could see the scene and certainly, he wouldn’t approve a man, mostly a vampire alone with his daughter in her bedroom at midnight… Quickly apologizing without words, Stephanie cupped his left cheek and made him look deeply into her eyes. She used her free hand to caress his bangs as she whispered, leaning her forehead with his:

 

“I am sorry… I did not mean you to leave, but I do not want to bring you problems… I do not want imagine anyone trying to separate us…”

 

They held a lovingly stare as Jesse held her hand in his face caringly. Now, he was the one who caressed her face and brought her close to his body by her slim waist. With faces so close of each other, he closed his eyes and whispered into his smooth tone:

 

“I understand, my love. Please know that I only want the best for you. I will retrieve myself for now…”

 

The vampire planted an endearingly kiss in her forehead and let his lips linger on the spot for a while. The moment was magical, if it was possible, they would like to stop the time. Stephanie felt her heart fluttering endlessly while her stomach did somersaults. Even something simple like a kiss in her cheek was able to heat her whole body with his love. They only were brought to the real world when they heard the knob twisting slowly. The lady looked at Jesse with her eyes widened to max in concern as he simply nodded and pulled her hand to plant a lovingly kiss in her skin. Once again her face was on fire as he stands back from her, yet without breaking the stare. Reaching the balcony’s wall, he whispered into his protectively tone:

 

“Do not worry about the Masquerade Ball tomorrow. I will not leave at your side, but for now… just sleep well and sweet dreams… my love.”

 

Unable to answer him in time, Stephanie made sure to stare at him, shows her best and loving eye-smile, astounded with his words. Jesse was agape with such beauty and love. Even when he didn’t know what was to feel warmth anymore, Stephanie made him feel alive again. He smiled tenderly in return as the door was finally open, revealing a middle age man:

 

“Oh, Stephanie. Are you still up, dear?”

 

The brunette turned her attention to the door instantaneously as her father greeted her in surprise. She quickly looked to the balcony and felt more relieved to see that Jesse was gone, well, her heart wasn’t so happy since the departure always held a bitter taste in their souls. Smiling sadly, she whispered not so lively while walking to her bed:


“Yes, father… I was sleepless… but I think it will be good rest now.”

 

“I see. That it is a wise answer. You must rest properly for the Masquerade Ball tomorrow, hmm?”

 

“Oh… yes, sure…” Stephanie answered weakly as her father answered with a happy smile:

 

“So… sweet dreams, dear. Good night.”

 

“Good night, father.”

 

Mr. Hwang kissed his daughter’s head as walked silently to the door. He looked at his daughter for the last time and smiled as he left the room silently. Alone again in her room, the lady under the covers sighed helplessly, for some reasons… she didn’t had a good feeling about this Masquerade Ball. But… she shouldn’t be so much concerned since her cousin and well… Jesse will be there too, and this was more than enough to make her sleep peacefully. Right now, she was thinking to wake up early in the next morning into her pursuit for the perfect dress, she wanted to look beautiful for her beloved. With that, her bad feelings were brushed away from her mind…

 

However, she wouldn’t imagine that Jung mansion, the lord Jesse definitely wasn’t feeling well. He was afraid about what tomorrow would bring to him… and Stephanie. He will protect her with any cost, even if this means… kill anyone who tries to hurt his love…

 

~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~

 

The Masquerade Ball Day finally has come. At night, a luxurious carriage stopped in front of Hwang’s Mansion, Jung’s carriage to be exact. The butler came out of the vehicle followed by his master as they waited for their pairs. For some reason, Taeyeon couldn’t help, but feel worried about his master Jung, the latter looked very tense and deeply concerned. When the young butler was about to ask, Jesse cuts him as he spoke without break the stare of the front door:

 

“Tae… I want to tell you something…”

 

“Master?” He asked doubtfully as the vampire sighed into a tense tone:

 

“Honestly, I do not know what will happen tonight. But in one thing I am sure… my destiny will be sealed. I will need your help when I face the enemy, so be aware…”

 

“But master-“ Taeyeon pleaded since he feared for his master’s safety. The latter stole a glance of him and explained earnestly while looking to upwards:

 

“I must confront and exterminate the creature tonight and the Masquerade Ball will be my only opportunity to find the real enemy, but I can not be careless.”

 

The vampire gulped as he looked up, his semblance was serious, yet sorrowful as he confessed with a sad smile:

 

“You are the best servant… no… you are the best friend I ever had for all these years. If something happens to me… you must continue with the plan… and make sure of Stephanie’s safety. I would not forgive myself if she… I do not even want to think about it… she… she is everything to me…”

 

“I – I will, master! You have my word that I will stay loyal until the end. I promise.”

 

Somehow, Jesse felt more comfortable with his butler’s honest words. So he placed his hand on the human’s shoulder and tapped, showing his gratefulness with a subtle smile. However, if Jesse needed air in his lungs… he would lose everything when he saw the gorgeous lady before him, staring at him expectantly, yet shyly. He was agape as he took a good look of his beloved and spoke into a surprised tone:

 

“Stephanie…?”

 

“Do you appreciate my outfit… Jesse?”

 

Stephanie's Mask

Stephanie's Outfit (Imagine as a red dress ^^)

 

Stephanie coyly asked as she looked away with blush in her cheeks, her pink face was result of Jesse’s intense stare. When the latter recovered his senses, thanks to his butler’s subtle giggles, he steps closer to his lady and gently grabbing her hand, he planted a caring kiss as he confessed with his eyes shining with love:

 

“You are so beautiful, my love. I ask to myself… am I worthy of this beautiful and lovely lady?”

 

This was enough to make Stephanie’s face red as she placed her hand in her lips, covering her soft laughter. Not resisting at his lovingly eyes, she let her hands be enveloped by his comforting ones as she asked coyly:

 

“Do you really think that I am beautiful?”

 

“More than you know… I never saw such beauty, but… what it is most important… it is that your mine… and I am yours.”

 

“Yes… I am yours… my handsome gentleman.”

 

Jesse's Outfit

 

Stephanie couldn’t help, but feel her knees shaking due his luring tone and caring words. Her heartbeat was erratic as they kept staring each other lovingly like they were the only one in the world. However, a clear of throat broke their ‘love gaze’ as they looked around and saw a pretty lady with a ‘disgusted’ look in her face:


“Hmm… I am sorry for interrupt your precious moment, but… we need to go.”


“Thank you… SunKyu.”

 

Stephanie couldn’t help, but smiled forcefully and glared her cousin, ‘thankful for her interruption’. However, she felt lighter when she felt a smooth voice in her ear:

 

“Do not worry, my dear. We will have our moment together… soon.”

 

“I am looking forward to…”

 

Stephanie added with a sheepish smile in her flushed face. Meanwhile, Sunny and Taeyeon shook their heads while smiling at the hopeless in love couple. The short lady couldn’t help to ask to the butler beside her:

 

“I do not know how you can bear with all those mushy conversation… aish…”

 

“*Chuckles* You get use to after awhile. But I am happy to see that my master finally found someone that he can call ‘love’… now, I am alone again…”

 

The butler whispered the last part dejectedly while looking down, trying to hide his sad smile. However, he shot his head up and a blush crept in his cheeks when he felt a warm hand holding his firmly. He couldn’t help, but smile at the adorable lady beside him as she spoke with a cheerful tone, trying to hide her shyness:

 

“You do not need to be alone… sometimes, what we are looking for it is just right in front of our eyes. Do you agree with me, Tae?”

 

“Of course. Wise words, Lady SunKyu.”

 

“You do not need call me Lady SunKyu… for you… it is just Sunny.”

 

“S-Sure, Lad--- Sunny. I am honored to have you as pair for this night. I hope you enjoy my company. Forgive my boldness, but … you look beautiful.”

 

“Oh, I – I… thank you.”

 

A shy Sunny thanked Taeyeon while she looked down coyly. Once they eyes met again, the short duo even looked away to hide their flushed faces. Meanwhile, Jesse and Stephanie were pleasantly surprised to see how the short pair was finally opening themselves. The lord gingerly reached his lady’s fragile hand and asked caringly:

 

“Shall we?”

 

“Sure, Jesse.”

 

The brunette flashed her astounding eye-smile as he helped enter in the carriage, following her lead. Afterwards, the short duo also entered and the quartet enjoyed the respective love interest company in silence. Stephanie silently watched Jesse as the latter did not let go of her hand, not even for once. Although he managed to smile warmly at her, she couldn’t help but frown after take a glimpse of tension and sorrow in her lover’s eyes. She shouldn’t invade his personal space, but it hurts her heart to see him like this, she felt so powerless. However, when she was about to ask him what was wrong, a hand opened the carriage followed by a booming voice:

 

“Welcome to Choi’s Masquerade Ball.”

 

Ignoring the man’s welcoming, Jesse felt the tension and not mention, fear growing in his heart. Unconsciously, he reached for Stephanie’s hand as he helped her to get out of the carriage. Taeyeon and Sunny also noticed Jesse’s tense aura, yet decided to not pressure him, most to Sunny’s side since Taeyeon was completely aware about what his master had in mind. Both ladies were stunned with the place’s greatness. Siwon’s mansion was so big that it could be easily compared to a castle.

 

While the pairs walked by the long red carpet, they quickly reached the luxurious ballroom filled with all guests dancing distractively. The crowd was filled with important people in their expensive outfits and masks. Jesse kept observing the environment carefully, he could feel an evil aura in the air, but it seems that no one realized since everyone was busy with the dance or the party. When he was about to reach his beloved’s hand, a booming and strong voice filled the air:


“Welcome to my Masquerade Ball, ladies and gentleman. I am your host, Duke Choi Siwon. All of you are my honorable guests, so feel free to enjoy it.”

 

The guests welcomed Duke Siwon with a round of applauses as the latter climbed down the long stairs, localized in the center of the ballroom. He smiled smoothly at the female group which couldn’t help to fan themselves due his overflowing charms. However, someone didn’t like his attitude at all. Jesse watched his steps like a hunter, but his stare turned into a glare when Siwon noticed their presence and walked to his beloved Stephanie. The Duke spoke in excitement while fixing his eyes on the beautiful lady:

 

“Oh my, you finally came, my dear Stephanie.”

 

Siwon couldn’t help to steal a glance of Jesse and smirked slyly, almost mockingly as he bowed and reached Stephanie’s hand to plant a kiss.  The latter rapidly looked to the lord who clearly was trying to contain himself and not rip Siwon’s smirk out of his face. Stephanie chuckles nervously as she retrieved her hand politely while uttering:

 

“I thank your invitation, Duke Siwon. I apologize for my father, he was feeling unwell and could not come.”

 

“You do not need to. Send my greetings to your father. Well, your presence always pleases my eyes. Oh I almost forgot it. Do not forget that you own me a dance later.”

 

“Oh I –“

 

“I guess she will not be able to since I am her pair.”

 

Jesse abruptly intervened with his powerful and cold presence as he wrapped his arm around Stephanie’s waist, a clear signal that she already was taken or ‘marking his territory’. Yet it seems his action only made Siwon smile widely into a malicious way. Both of them held an intense glare as Stephanie felt the tension in the air and gulped. Trying to break the bad mood between them, the beautiful brunette smiled nervously and spoke up:

 

“Oh I forgot to introduce you. Duke Siwon, this is Jung Jesse. Jesse, this is Duke Siwon.”

 

“Oh I see. A Jung? I thought this family was extinct many years ago…”

 

The Duke remarked in disdain like if he brushed away about Jesse is a Jung. However, the latter smiled confidently as he held his beloved in his arms and spoke nonchalantly:

“Really? I believe you are not being very well informed, duke. The Jungs are a very strong family and of course, our mark is to fight for what belongs to us until the end. So… I will not going anymore… do not worry.”

 

The Duke had to refrain himself with a gritted smirk due Jesse’s cocky smile and how the latter’s hands never left Stephanie’s waist. However, he tensed his jaw and nodded as he looked back to the beautiful lady and bowed:

 

“I see… well… enjoy the ball. Stephanie… Jung… we will met each other again...”

 

Siwon stomped his foot into a contained anger as he left the quartet. Meanwhile, Taeyeon and Sunny watched the whole scene with amused expressions. However, the butler couldn’t help, but feel that even when his master exposed that Stephanie’s belonged to him, he could see concern in his eyes, but, it was visible that now was even worse. When he was about to ask, Jesse beats him as he spoke earnestly:

 

“Tae, why you and Lady Sunny go dance a little?”

 

“Huh?!” “Can I, master?!”

 

The short duo asked in surprise, but Jesse only smiled and nodded his head as his butler bowed gratefully. He turned to Sunny who already was smiling and blushing, so he asked softly:

 

“Shall we?” “I thought you would not ask.”

 

The short pair chuckled and walked to the ballroom. However, Taeyeon made sure to look to his master for the last time and nodded with a serious expression as he silently was telling him that he was sure and will help him whenever he needs him. Jesse bowed in return, appreciating his gesture. Once the another pair was alone again, Stephanie looked worriedly at Jesse and asked as she placed her hand on his jaw:

 

“Is everything fine, Jesse?”

 

“Yes.” He answered quickly, not looking into her eyes. Not convinced, she frowned and with both hands, she held his face tenderly to make him look directly at her. When their eyes met, he remained silent as she shyly proposed:

 

“Shall we dance?”

 

His concerned expression was rapidly replaced by a lovingly one as he answered:

 

“Of course, my love.”  

 

Stephanie reached his hand and pulled him to the ballroom’s center. She placed her hands on his shoulders while he caringly, yet possessively wrapped his arms around her slim waist. They danced at the smooth melody without exchange a word. The lady was sure that Jesse was hiding something from her and honestly it hurts, its not like he doesn’t trust her, but if she can help him, sharing his worries, she will do it. Placing her head on his chest and laying there comfortably, the brunette felt secure and loved when he embraced her tightly, like if he was protecting her in his arms. She even smiled at his lovingly action, so resting her hand in his chest, she whispered tenderly:

“Jesse… I miss the time that we could trust on each other completely.”

 

“But of course we trust on each other, Stephanie… Do not you trust me anymore?”

 

The vampire asked slowly, feeling the sorrow consuming his heart due her remark. His eyes were frenetic as he wanted to make anything to prove that Stephanie is everything for him. Noticing the young lady gloomy tone, he gingerly withdrew from her and stared deeply into her eyes. She sighed and added softly:

“Of course I do… but sometimes… I have feeling that you are not being complete with me… like if you were hiding something…”

 

Jesse hesitated for a moment, he really wanted to be completely honest with his beloved, but he was afraid that she couldn’t understand and leaves him whenever she knows all the truth. However, his heart quickly convinced him that this was impossible since he could see in her eyes that she really loved him and understood, so, she wouldn’t leave. The light brown haired vampire cupped her cheeks and realized that she needs to know the whole story, so he uttered slowly:

“Stephanie, I need tell you… the whole story about my past…”

 

“Jesse?” The brunette saw the sorrow and concern in his eyes, so she caressed his hands above her cheeks, just to make sure that she was listening and will trust on him. Jesse sighed and held her hands gingerly as he started carefully:

 

“Many years ago… I was engaged with your g-!!!”

 

Suddenly, all the lights were out and there was some screaming causing a chaos on the dark ballroom. The great confusion caused people scramble on each other restlessly. The chaos got worse when they heard sounds like glass breaking. Jesse felt his body become tense when he noticed a different scent on the air… the scent and the evil aura which belongs to the creature! The latter was in the ballroom causing panic and death where it passed. The scent of blood filled the air as the creature killed the persons on the way. Meanwhile, Jesse widened his eyes and felt the fear eating him alive, he quickly tried to grasp Stephanie’s hand, but is slipped away from his grasp due the terror inside the room since people were running to every direction. He felt the grip loosening as he called her frenetically, trying his best to not let go:

“Stephanie!”

 

“Jessie…”

 

Once the vampire realized, Stephanie paled and widened her eyes in shock when she saw the creature before her with the same hungry and evil stare. Afterwards, she fainted and the monster rapidly placed her on the left shoulder. The latter glared at an enraged Jesse and it smirked in victory as jumped and broke another large window to make it escape. Jesse felt his whole body crumble in despair when he rushed to the broken window and saw the creature running to a dark forest. He gritted his teeth angrily and jumped out of the window, which was far of the ground. As soon he lands on the ground, he heard a familiar and booming voice:

 

“Master! The creature took Lady Stephanie to the dark forest!”

 

“Oh my God, Steph!”

 

Sunny was tearing up, afraid that the creature could bring harm to her cousin. Taeyeon rubbed her shoulder and whispered that she would be fine. However, Jesse’s expression was cold than ever, he curled his fists tightly and warned into a dangerous tone:

 

“If he thinks he will steal her from me… he is deadly wrong.”

 

“Tae, you know what to do. Meet me in the woods; I know where the creature is taking her.”

 

Taeyeon nodded to his master’s order and without lose more time, Jesse rushed to the dark forest rapidly, leaving the short pair for behind. Sunny looked to the butler as he uttered gingerly:


“We promise that we will bring Stephanie back. Go to your uncle and stay there, I do not want to see you hurt.”

 

“Please, I beg you, bring her safe… and be careful, Tae.”

 

“I will come back for you, I promise.”

 

Before Taeyeon could leave, Sunny pulled him and planted a swift kiss in his lips. The butler widened his eyes, astounded with her action, so he simply nodded dumbly, still shocked. However, he turned around and ran to the woods, but not before take a last look on his love interest and gives a caring look, silently promising his return. Sunny watched him leave with a weight in her heart. For now, she just could pray for their safety and Stephanie return.

 

Meanwhile, Jesse increased his speed while dodging the trees as he got deep and deeper inside the dark forest. He could feel the creature’s smell, even when the latter was quite far. Jesse could feel another scent filling his nostrils, he was close to a beach. Afterwards, after some steps, he encountered the place… a castle close to the beach.

 

The vampire glared the view and curled his hands in anger. He gritted his teeth as his eyes turned into a scintillating yellow. This is it, Jesse closed his eyes and vowed with all his soul and heart:

 

“Stephanie, my love… please, stay strong and wait for me. I will end everything tonight… He stole my love once… and will not do it again…”

 

With that, Jesse marched to the castle to face his destiny and save his beloved. What will he find inside this evil looking castle? Tonight everything will be sealed at last.

 

 

TBC ??? (Next chapter will be the final one)

 

 

REPLIES:

 

@asianloverz: Thank you, my friend. I am glad that you liked ^^

@namos26: Thanks, dear reader. Sorry for taking so long to update. Thank you for comment!

@shajanie: Omo, I am flattered >.<  aww thank you, dear reader. Of course hehe who doesn’t love JeTi couple? I did that too when I wrote this moment hahaha so cute. Really? So I must do my best, don’t worry, SunYeon will have their moment as well ;). Thank you for kind words and comment, take care, dear reader!

@nonana: Oh haha that’s good to hear because this chapter was pretty long isn’t? Yup, awww JeTi FTW *-* Me too, this story was in my mind for awhile, I am glad to hear that you and all the reader here appreciated. I believe everything will be answered on the next and last chapter, so stay tunned. Aww thank you, I am really happy to hear that. Thank you for comment!

@jessjung_dew: Haha I know Jessie is a genius lol jk haha, that’s ok, don’t worry =) I am glad to hear that, my friend. I wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for their first kiss. So many details, right? Hahaha heart in your mouth? O.o why is that? I am curious now lol Oh I see, yup, it was heartwarming *-* I was smiling stupidly when I wrote this part, its my favorite one hehe. Yes, he is vamp, but I didn’t understand the ‘well be a ’, sorry I am kinda slow lol. I am glad that this chapter made you smile, so my mission was accomplished. You are welcome, it is a pleasure for me to make more stories for all of you. Next chapter, everything will be revealed, this includes the whole truth of his past. Yup, he is heartbroken with his own dilemma. But I believe he cant keep his love hidden from Tiffany anymore aww =). Thank you for comment, my friend!

@just4u: I am glad to know that.  Omo, so I am more happy to know that you find my story interesting *-* Of course hahaha, Jessi suits in this character hahahaha. Yeah, he is a cute vamp, but not a weak one hahaha. There will be more, I promise. Oh, so you prefer Jungcula? Hahaha its suits the best lol Count Jungcula and Lady Fany hahahaha. You are welcome, reader (in both ways lol), thank you for read this fic and comment!

@The_Looker: God bless you too, my friend! ^^ Yup, I lost the count about how many times I saw that MV hahaha wonderful *-* even my niece loves the song and she is only 2 hahaha. Anyway, of course, JeTi’s moments is a must lol. He revealed part of this past since he is afraid that Fany could leave once she knows everything. Don’t worry, everything will be answered in the next and last chapter. Hahaha I liked your URRS, sorry for taking so long, my friend. Thank you for comment!

@JTNaSoo: Hey, welcome, new reader! You are right, he should, but he is afraid of losing her when she discovers everything. But this doesn’t mean that he wont tell. Of course, she wants to know his entire back story. Yup, even being 100 years older, they are perfect for each other hahaha. True, mostly now in the last chapter.  I see your point of view, but the problem is that Tiffany’s father doesn’t know about Jessi’s true identity and he doesn’t have a clue of Siwon either, so he is really dense haha. I am glad to hear that, I love their moments too.  The Lady and The Lord *-* True, its like everything else doesn’t matter. Haha yup, it seems that the dandyu had their moments too. Nah, I like your comment and opinions, feel free to speak anytime ^^ Take care and thanks for comment!

 

A/N: Hey Dear Readers! First of all... I want to say a BIG WELCOME for the new readers and subscribers! Thank you so much for reading this multi-shot! 9 upvotes and 89 subscribers?? Awww *-* you guys are awesome! Again, sorry for the grammar errors since I am editing by myself. I must warn you that the next chapter will be the last one, so be prepared for suspense and tense moments, but this author here will have more ideas with your adorable feedback. Anyway, thank you everyone who supported this fic so far, love you all! Take care and God bless! See ya o/