Part IV

A century waiting for you

Another LONG chapter! 

 

 

 A Century waiting for you - Part IV

 

 

On that same night, Stephanie kept tossing to left and right in her bed without rest. She couldn’t sleep, whenever her eyes would close, a familiar face would come back to her mind. Why is her heart hurting so much right now? Did she do something wrong? Is it possible that Jesse… doesn’t feel the same way that she feels? No, she was positively sure that he was sincere all the time… but why was he running away? It confuses her so badly…

 

Sighing heavily, the young lady finally opened her eyes and climbed down of her bed. She reached her white cloak and wrapped around her slim body. Stephanie opened her door and slowly walked to the balcony. Instantaneously, her eyes focused on the familiar mansion beside her. She hoped to find any signal coming from the known lord would be awaken as well, but nothing… the whole mansion was dark like the cold night.

 

Stephanie kept staring the mansion longingly as the cold wind gusts into her fragile body. The young lady hugged herself to protect from the cold, but it was useless. She knew she should go back to her room, yet her heart yearned to see him again… However, all of the sudden, she heard a faint whimper coming from the back street. The sound made her body tremble in fear, Stephanie felt a cold shiver running by her spine, something was not right around here.

 

Her mind was debating with herself if she should check the sound or not. It could be very dangerous, but what if someone needed help? Not holding herself, Stephanie looked around and made sure to not make any noise. Taking a deep breath, she carefully climb down the stairs beside her balcony, opened the iron gate from the back yard and reaches the dark street.

 

Her eyes scanned around the empty street without rest, her breathing was heavy in every step she took. Suddenly, the whimper was getting louder and it was coming from a dark alley on her left. Stephanie stood still, asking to herself if she should go on or not… but she came all this way and if someone needs her help, she needs to go further. Every step she took inside the alley, more her heart clenched and doubled the pace in fear.

 

Everything was so dark; she barely could see the ground. She kept walking slowly until her heart halted in shock with the scene before her. Her jaw dropped as her eyes widened in fear… in the end of the dark alley, there was a black creature ravaging a young lady’s neck. The latter was already dead and blood was scattered in everywhere… walls and in the ground, like a river. A frightened gasp escaped from her lips as she cupped in fear…

 

It was a bad move, the creature suddenly stop the feeding and looking around slowly, with blood dripping by his long fangs. Stephanie’s heart pounded fast in fear as she saw a pair of hungry and scarlet eyes staring at her fiercely. She started to back away slowly as the black furry creature stood up. The young lady gulped painfully as she quickly looked to her sides, hoping to find someone to help her. But no… no one was in sight, why was she so stubborn and come all this way alone? Now… it is her end. The creature held a hungry and wicked glare as it the blood on his large mouth in anticipation. Stephanie’s breathing hitched as the evil creature snarled darkly and it was getting ready to pounce on her.

 

SLASH!!!

 

Her eyes were wide open as she saw her life passing by her eyes in a flash. However, everything was a huge blur when she felt herself being pushed and suddenly she saw a familiar back in front of her. A black overcoat danced due wind of the night smoothly. When Stephanie snapped from her dazzle, she saw a sharp and shinning long blade glowing due the moonlight with a red liquid dripping on the tip. On the sword’s handle, she saw a familiar emblem… it was when it hits her… it was the same emblem of the noble family in the city’s museum, but what is this suppose to mean?

 

Back to the present, Stephanie felt her heart ease when her eyes saw a familiar cold face. The not so stranger held his sword up while pointing dangerously to the wounded creature and warned with his most cold voice and sharp canine teeth firmly gritted:

 

“I swear I will rip your head off if you dare to hurt her.”

 

Jesse warned dangerously with his yellow eyes glowing and his long fangs exposed. The black creature growled angrily as it glared the light brown haired man in hate. The beast was pondering to run or kill the lord. Jesse and the beast held an intense glare as all of a sudden, they heard sounds like men screaming:

 

“ON THAT WAY! WE WILL KILL THE CREATURE FOR ONCE!”

 

It was the police for sure. The creature glared back to Jesse and back to Stephanie hungrily. When the police’s steps were growing louder, the creature took another alley to escape. The police saw it shadow and yelled in determination:

 

“THERE! DON’T LET THE CREATURE ESCAPE!”

 

Using this chance to not being caught from the guards, Jesse quickly placed his sword back on his scabbard and raised a surprised Stephanie from the ground effortlessly into a bridal-style to run away:

 

“Here. Let us go on that way or else they might find us.”

 

He rushed away into an incredible speed; after a while, they reached another alley, behind Stephanie’s mansion. They were out of the police’s range, so Jesse gently placed Stephanie on the floor and started to walk away, saying into a serious tone:

 

“You should not being wandering around alone and into a dark night. Don’t do this ever again. Just go to your home, I will wait for you to enter…”

 

However, Stephanie did not hear any word as she stared his back intently. She was sure that she wasn’t crazy or imagining things this time. She really saw his yellow eyes glaring the creature and sharp fangs were gritted in anger. Her eyes looked for an answer, but Jesse didn’t falter, he remained still as he warned again into his cold tone:

 

“Stephanie… go.”

 

“Why are you pushing me away, Jesse?”

 

She finally spoke up once she saw his tense body as she approached of him. Now, behind him, she felt her heart aching with his indifference, it could look foolishness, but she already was tearing up due his despise. However, she took a deep breath and slowly placed her hand on his right shoulder, whispering into a sad tone:

 

“Jesse?”

 

“Don’t look at me! Please… just go!”

 

Her heart ached to see him so broken, he turned his face away in shame as if he was trying to escape of her inquiring stare. She needed answers and she needed now. Being stubborn, she reached his shoulder again into an attempt to make him face her for once. However, she begged in sadness as he covered his face with his hands:

 

“Jesse… please… let me see you… I am not afraid.”

 

“No! I don’t want you to see me! I … I am a monster! Please… go… leave me.”

 

His broken tone pierced on her soul painfully. Not wanting prolong his suffering, Stephanie stood before him as she breathed deeply and slowly held his hands, removing from his face. After a moment of silence between them, Jesse finally opened his eyes and Stephanie gasped at the sight… they were glowing yellow. Her eyes also saw the sharp canine teeth in his mouth and her breathing hitched again… So… everything makes sense now… his eyes, teeth, the emblem, the old royal family portrait… everything… Jesse… is a vampire.

 

The light brown haired vampire noticed Stephanie’s shock and he realized that it couldn’t be helped. If she will hate him, he doesn’t care as long he can protect her… as long he can love her from afar. With a sad frown, he gingerly lowered her hands from his face and whispered painfully:

 

“Do not worry. You have my word that I will be far from you from now on.”

 

Only at the thought, it was like one million of knives were ing in his chest continuously, but he can’t risk her life. His love for her passes through everything, even her possible hate; Jesse sighed tiredly as he stares ruefully into her eyes. It was when he uttered completely devastated:

 

“I am really sorry for hiding this from you all this time… Farewell… Stephanie.”      

 

Jesse turned around slowly and instantaneously, a tear rolled by his left cheek. His heart might not be beating right now… but certainly is broken. Everything was like a slow motion as all of a sudden, a pair of warm hands held his left hand hastily, making him turn around. Once their eyes met, Stephanie studied every single trace of his pale face. When she locked her stare on his eyes, her heart thumped loudly when even into a different color, it shows the same tenderness and warmth like before. Hesitantly, she raised her hand and touched his left cheek, finally caressing slowly.

 

Jesse closed his eyes and enjoyed her caresses and the warmth provided by her hand. The feeling was ravishing, like he never felt before. Carefully, he leaned his face on her hand and held her palm against his face, still loving every moment. Silence surrounds them, but it wasn’t unwelcome, on contrary, even without say a word, their touches meant everything. Stephanie felt her body growing warm as she raised her other hand to cup his face. It was when she spoke sincerely:

 

“You are not a monster, Jesse.”

 

The latter fluttered his eyes open as he stared at her quizzically. How can she be not afraid? He is a creature hated by men, a creature of night… How can she say the contrary? Unable to hide his thoughts, he kept holding her hand carefully as he asked in confusion:


“How come? … Stephanie… I … I am a monster… I need the person’s blood to maintain my existence… I am not good… at all…”

 

“But you never hurt me before and I am sure that you never made something bad to others.”

 

Stephanie stubbornly replied while they were having a stare contest. It seems that this lady didn’t realize her position yet. Jesse sighed and held her shoulders firmly, yet carefully as he confessed in shame:

 

“But I almost did…” He lowered his head and uttered in dismay, not having courage to look at her:

 

“When we were on your garden, I – I hypnotized you… you were under my control and you didn’t even realize it… Your scent, your warmth, your heartbeat, your… blood… everything you did was making me insane… my lust for your blood was putting me on the limit… I almost---“

 

“But you didn’t do in the end… why didn’t you bite me on that moment?”

 

Stephanie inquired breathlessly as she raised his chin, making him look deeply into her eyes. Her heart ached at sight; his eyes showed nothing, but pain, fear and regret. She held his face gently while he looked down to her in sorrow, so she pressed on, thirsty for his answer:

 

“Why, Jesse? Please… tell me the truth.”

 

Jesse momentarily closed his eyes and lowered his head as he confessed sincerely:

 

“Because… I am hopelessly in love with you. The love I feel for you is greater than anything…even my thirst… I – I prefer die… than hurt you.”

 

Now, Jesse was sure that Stephanie would hate or despise him forever after his confession, judging by her shocked face. This was almost a sin, he was worthy of hate and despise from the mankind… but he was sure that if Stephanie hated him… he would chose death for sure. Seconds passed and the young lady still was silent. Getting worried, Jesse was about to call her when something unexpected happened…

 

Once he realized, Stephanie cupped his cheeks and pressed her plump lips against his passionately. He certainly didn’t expect this reaction. However, his eyelids got heavy as he recovered himself and embraced her protectively. Her arms sneaked around his neck as their kiss intensified, Stephanie imagined this moment for awhile, but nothing compares to the reality. The clash of cold and hot lips mingled together only added passion in their kisses.

 

Her soft moan was muffled on his lips as he used one of his hand and held her cheek tenderly. She flinched at the cold touch, but she was getting used. Although, they didn’t want to break the kiss, Jesse was aware of her necessity of breathing, so he slowly pulled his lips from hers, yet she followed blindly him, refusing to break their intimate moment. He stared lovingly at her beautiful flushed face glowing under the moonlight, it was an unforgettable view.

 

A panting Stephanie opened her eyes reluctantly as she tried to contain the wild heartbeats under her chest. Jesse smiled knowingly when he heard her pounding heartbeat; it was music to his ears, much more when he knows that he was the reason behind it. It was a presumptuous thought you would say, but no, it was the contrary, for him, it was the most the beautiful thing that he ever heard. Once Stephanie recovered herself, her eyes shone as she confessed breathlessly:

 

“I am madly in love with you… ever since the first day. I thought I could control my feelings, but I was wrong… every moment you made me fall more and more for you.”

 

She leaned and placed her head on his chest as he kept embracing her lovingly, covering her slim body with his long and black overcoat, creating a love cocoon for them. So she continued sadly while closing her eyes, enjoying the comfort and safety of his arms:

 

“So please… do not stay away of me or even think that I would hate you… Because I am unable to do it, I – I don’t want to be separated of you anymore…”

 

Jesse closed his eyes in a bliss and held her even more tight. He placed his chin on the crown of her head as a delighted smile crept in his face. The woman he loves, it loves him back… what an amazing feeling. He planted a caring kiss in her temple and let his lips linger there for awhile. The couple held each other on the dark alley, but nothing was more important than this moment.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

After a few minutes, Jesse brought Stephanie back to her mansion, yet, she still was firmly protected and wrapped with his overcoat as they walked together. Her head lied comfortably in his shoulder as he protectively wrapped his arm around her waist, kissing her forehead tenderly. Once she saw her overly concerned father and her cousin on the mansion’s gate from the dark alley, they had to break the contact before it could make any suspicious before come to their view. When the middle aged man saw a familiar figure approaching, his eyes got moistened as he ran to her encounter:

 

“My daughter! Stephanie, where were you?! Do you have any idea how worried I was?!”

 

The man hugged his daughter tightly, silently thanking the heavens for bring her daughter safe. Her cousin Sunny also hugged her and snapped in concern:

 

“Cousin! Are you insane?! There is a wild beast attacking people and you decided walk by yourself in the middle of the night?!”

 

“It was not her fault, Sir Hwang and Lady Sunkyu.”

 

Mr. Hwang and Sunny were surprised as the familiar young man came behind Stephanie of a dark alley, his eyes were hazel again and his canine teeth were no longer extended. They still were stupefied as the brown haired man explained seriously while stealing some glances of his beloved:

 

“Her intentions were noble. She heard someone calling for help and she decided to go on.”

 

So Mr. Hwang stared at her daughter intently and asked into a serious tone:

 

“Is that true, Stephanie?”

 

The latter nodded and replied honestly:

 

“Yes. I decided to… take some fresh air on the balcony and it was when I heard someone whimpering. I know it was precipitated and I didn’t think on the consequences… so I ended up on a dark alley and when I realized… I was facing the beast… If Jes--- If Lord Jung was not there…”

 

The middle aged man hugged his daughter again, feeling relieved as he turned his attention the brown haired lord. It was when he asked seriously:

 

“Lord Jung… how this happened?”

 

The young man sighed and held an intent stare on Stephanie as he replied earnestly:

 

“I was… walking on my garden due my… insomnia. So I also heard a faint whimper. When I reached my gate, I saw Lady Stephanie walking by a dark alley. With a wild beast wandering around this city, I simply could not let her walk by herself. So this is the reason I followed her…”

 

“If J—Lord Jung was not here to save me, I would be…”

 

“Don’t say it, my dear. I can not even imagine it.”

 

Mr. Hwang and Sunny felt uneasy only with the thought. So the old man turned to Jesse and bowed in 90 degrees as he uttered sincerely:

 

“Words can not express my gratitude. I will be forever in debt to you, Lord Jung, for saving my most precious treasure. From now on, you can consider this house as your home.”

 

Jesse also bowed in respect as his eyes quickly shone once he stared at Stephanie for awhile. So, he turned to Mr. Hwang and answered honestly:

 

“You don’t need to thank me, Sir Hwang. I know how much Stephanie is precious… I would not forgive myself if something happened to her…”

 

His honest sentence was enough to make Stephanie stare at him lovingly as he tried to hide the glow in his eyes while he was so close of her. However, he refrained himself of wrap his arms around her and never let go. Yet, another watcher eyed the scene carefully and secretly smiled. Thanks to Sunny sharp sight, the latter noticed that something definitely was happening between Stephanie and Jesse, the longingly stare between each other, the different glow in their eyes or even tender expression present in their faces, but she couldn’t alarm her uncle for now. So faking a yawn, Sunny wrapped her arm around her uncle’s arm and prompted ‘sleepily’:

 

“Uncle, as we can see, Steph is safe thanks to Lord Jung’s heroic act, so now we can sleep in peace.”

 

“But, I must to make sure that she will return to her ro—“

 

Mr. Hwang stubbornly uttered at he turned his head around as stared at the pair worriedly. Still, Sunny ‘pushed’ him to inside the house as she explained quickly:

 

“Do not worry, uncle. Cousin it’s in good hands. I am sure that she wants to thank Lord Jung for saving her and he certainly wants to advise her to not go on outside alone again. Am I correct, Steph?”

 

The cheerful cousin winked to the flushed lady, afterwards, Sunny and Mr. Hwang entered back into the mansion, even with his reluctance. However, on the mansion’s entrance, the only ones left… were Jesse and Stephanie. They didn’t have words to express this moment, only the lovingly smiles and endearing stares said enough. The lord quickly scanned his surroundings and finally realizing that they were really alone, he gingerly held her warm hands with his cold ones as an infatuated smile never left his lips.

 

Stephanie felt doing the same as she couldn’t help, but lean to forward and hug him tightly, refusing to let him go. The moment was perfect, both of them wished that the time could stop so they could still be holding each other. Jesse inhaled the perfumed scent of hair and caressed her dark tresses caringly, enjoying the heat of her body on his. After a brief moment, the lord pulled back slightly and whispered softly while caressing her jaw gently:

 

“You should go. You need rest, my love.”

 

“I am not tired. I want to be with you, Jesse.”

 

The young lady admitted fervently as she burrowed her head on his neck. He looked up and sighed, Stephanie certainly knows how to melt him. Then, he withdrew completely, much for her dissatisfaction as she whined in disapproval. Nonetheless, he cupped her face lovingly and leveled his eyes with her adorable ones. Once she looked calmer, he kept caressing her face and admitted passionately:

 

“I want to be with you too. But your well being comes first. Rest and then, we will see each other again.”

 

“But Jess-“

 

Stephanie tried to bargain, yet the lord shushes her lips with his index finger. It was when he continues into a sincere tone, his eyes practically begging to her:

 

“We will see each other again tomorrow, I promise. Just wait a little more…”

 

“It hurts… to stay away from you…”

 

Stephanie pouted, but wasn’t convicted yet, she needed more than words to keep her promise. As if the lord reads her mind, Jesse rapidly scanned his surroundings and seeing that everything was clear, he cupped her face like if she was made by the most fragile crystal. Afterwards, he closed his eyes and planted a caring kiss in her plump lips. Once they parted, he added with a heavy tone:


“You are not the only one who yearns for another moment together. I will be waiting for you. Now… sweet dreams… my love. Good night.”

 

Stephanie was still dazzled at his sudden, yet such tender kiss, she almost could feel her heart pounding hard against her ribs. Even when she knows that she will see him tomorrow, this feeling made her heart ache. Looking around for the last time, she leaned and pressed her plump lips on his thin ones. The kiss was brief, but shy and endearing for sure. When they parted, Jesse felt himself crumbling at the sight of her flushed cheeks and beautiful eye-smile. Now, he was the one who was outspoken, much more when Stephanie leaned and whispered endearingly:

“Good night… my Jesse…”

 

A smitten smile crept in his face as he pulled her right hand slowly and planted a caring kiss, as a true gentleman. Once he withdrew, he smiled lovingly at her for the last time as he watched her finally walk away to inside her house. She opened the door and stared at him longingly for the last time as his eyes never left hers. Once she reluctantly closed the door with a heavy semblance, Jesse felt a sudden empty feeling inside his chest again. He stared the door for awhile as if Stephanie was there. So, he spun around and took this cue to leave, but now without wonder in his mind with a bittersweet smile:

 

“If you only knew how hard was for me to stay away from you all these years…”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

 

In the morning, when the birds were chirping happily on outside, Stephanie opened her eyes and soon, a wide smile crept in her flushed cheeks, she even eye-smiled brightly. The memories of her last time were vivid in her mind; she quickly jumped off her bed and looked to her hopeless form on the mirror. The smitten smile was evident as she unconsciously caressed her lower lip, recalling how sweet and passionate was their first kiss (and the other ones). She dreamed with this moment for so long and still, no words cant express the happiness within her heart.

 

While she was lost in her dreamland, she failed to notice a figure in her room with a mischievous smile plastered in the face. Once Stephanie caught another reflection in her mirror, she gasped and turned around quickly as the person spoke into a teasing tone:

 

“Well, well, well. It seems that the Sleeping Beauty had a nice dream… with her prince.”

 

“Sunny! I – I don’t know what are you talking about!”

 

The shorter lady crossed her arms with a sly grin and replied casually:

 

“No, of course not. Don’t worry, you don’t need to say a word. The glow in your eyes, your overly dreamy smile and red cheeks already were enough to tell me that SOMETHING definitely happened between you and a particular lord on the last night… hahahaha!”

 

This time, Stephanie lowered her head desperately needed a hole to dig her face which was covered with embarrassment. However, seeing the poor girl hopeless form, Sunny sympathized with her as she giggled softly and tapped the other lady’s back in comfort:

 

“You don’t need to be embarrassed, my dear cousin. I was just teasing you. Actually… I am happy for both of you.”

 

“You do?! I mean… how did you know?”

 

An innocent Stephanie asked curiously as she tilted her head to her side. However, Sunny smirk widened as she held her cousin’s shoulder gently and uttered:

 

“I know you for awhile, Stephanie, ever since we were babies and… I don’t know… You were always so lonely… I always had the impression that you were waiting for something or someone… But now… after I saw what lord Jung did for you or simply the way he looks to you… I can see tenderness and love within on his stare.”

 

Stephanie felt her face grows warm once she recalled all the times that he stared at her so deeply… so passionately. A smile was formed in her lips almost like instantaneously. Then, Sunny smiled as well and warned for the last time with her cheerful tone:

 

“So… I give you an advice since I am older than you… whatever it happens… don’t let him go, understood? The love road it is always bumpy, but if it is worthy, you shall go further until the end.”

 

“How come you are all wise now, Sunny?”

 

The eye-smiling lady asked playfully when she saw her cousin all serious. The latter winked and knocked her head teasingly before leaving the room:

 

“Because I am smarter than you.”

 

“Ya! So presumptuous!”


“Hahahahaha!”

 

Both cousins were laughing as Stephanie playfully throws a pillow on her shorter cousin. Once they playful time ceased, Sunny stood up from the bed and replied sincerely, serious again:

 

“I am really happy for you, cousin. Do not worry, I wont tell a word for uncle. But don’t take too long to tell him the truth, all right?”

 

“Yes… you are right, cousin.”

 

Stephanie admitted earnestly, nonetheless, before leave, Sunny remembered something and spoke:


“Oh, I almost forgot… that cute butler… I mean- Taeyeon came here early, saying that your lord invited you for his mansion. Hmm I believe that he will pass here again in… one hour?”

 

“WHAT?! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THIS EARLIER?! Oh my God! What am I going to wear?!”

 

A frenetic Stephanie quickly jumped off from her bed as she stormed to her wardrobe, looking for a perfect outfit for their encounter. Meanwhile, Sunny chuckled while shaking her head due her cousin’s hopeless figure. She carefully closed the door and admitted to herself with a content sigh:

 

“Now… its my turn to start my seek for my true love… Tae…”

 

Her cheeks got flushed immediately when she recalled her earlier moment with the butler. With that, she returned to her room with a silly smile in her face.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

At noon, before the butler could knock the Hwang’s Mansion door, a cheerful lady opened the door quickly. Once their eyes met, a blush crept in their chubby cheeks. Taeyeon gulped and smiled widely:

 

“Good afternoon, Lady SunKyu.”

 

“Good afternoon, Tae.”

 

The shy lady spoke back with her eyes glimmering in happiness. Afterwards, the pair was lost in their own world until a husky voice broke their concentration:


“Good afternoon, Taeyeon. I am ready.”

 

The pair looked around and became astounded with Stephanie’s outfit, a beautiful navy blue dress. She smiled kindly and apologized:

 

“I am sorry for interrupting you two.”

 

“Oh, do not worry, milady. I am sure that Master will be delighted to see you again. Shall we?”

 

Stephanie nodded, still smiling as she and Taeyeon walked to the carriage. The butler helped her to enter in the vehicle, before enter, he rapidly turned around with a coy smile, he uttered to the cheerful lady on the door:

 

“I will come back in one hour for our encounter, Lady Sunny.”

 

“I will be waiting, Tae!”

 

The cheerful bid her farewell as the butler dumbly waved back with a dreaming smile in his face. Stephanie saw all the scene and giggled at the hopeless/cute pair, she waved to her cousin who returned the gesture with a smile and teasing wink. The brunette shook her head with a blush as they finally parted to the Jung’s Mansion.

 

Meanwhile, the short ride was awfully silent, well, maybe because Stephanie quietly observed the butler seated across her. Many questions were in her mind now that she knows Jesse’s true identity. Is that means that… Tae is one of his kind too? She was pondering deeply into her thoughts, but failed to realize that she was looking at him intently all this time. Her train of thoughts was interrupted as the melodic voice asked softly:

 

“Do you need something, Lady Hwang?”

 

“Hmm n-no.” The young lady replied quickly to cover her surprise since was ‘caught’ staring him. Suddenly, the butler looked up with a kind smile and answered politely:

 

“Really? Because your expression says the opposite… Lady Hwang… don’t worry, you can ask anything.”

 

Feeling more relieved, the brunette sighed and asked slowly:

 

“Hm… Taeyeon… can I ask you since when… are you serving Jung’s family?”

 

The butler smiled knowingly as he replied smartly:

 

“I believe that your true question if… I was a vampire too. Am I right?”

 

Due his bluntness, Stephanie’s eyes merely widened due his perception, yet she tried to look normal as he looked at her softly and answered:

 

“No, I am human. The Kim’s family served the Jung’s for a long time, it is a honor for us since they always trusted in us and treated us with benevolence. But… after incident with master which happened long ago, each generation of my family vowed to keep serving him. Master is very noble and his intentions are good. So I am more than willing to keep helping him whenever he needs me… much more now… that he is so hopeless and distracted…”

 

“What do you mean?” Stephanie asked curiously after all information sunk in her mind. However, Taeyeon smirked and replied politely:

 

“I believe you already know the reason that my master is so different right now…”

 

When she finally understood the meaning of his words, her face became flushed as she looked down in embarrassment. Taeyeon would laugh at such cute scene, yet he contained himself as he let her unload herself:

 

“So… how did you find out?”

 

The butler shrugged his shoulders and remarked honestly while they entered in the mansion’s entrance:

 

“Actually, my master is very transparent. I observed him all my life, honestly, since I started to serve him. So, I know how sad and lost he was feeling since I can remember. However… when he came back to the mansion with his eyes with a different glow and trying to hide his smitten smile, I didn’t need to ask a thing. I was more than sure that it was because of you. Now, I have only one request, please, make my master happy, his feelings for you are sincere and deeper than you think.”

 

Stephanie felt her heart fluttering as a shy smile crept in her cheeks. The way Taeyeon described Jesse, it almost like she could see the scene with her own eyes. She felt happier knowing that he was feeling like her after their painful departure yesterday. Once they arrived at the large wooden door, Taeyeon climbed off the carriage and helped Stephanie to get out too. He walked to the door and opened for her. Before letting him go, the brunette held his shoulder and talks honestly:

 

“Thank you for telling me this, Taeyeon. You are more than a butler for Jesse, but you are his friend and now, mine too.”

 

“You don’t need to thank me, Lady Stephanie. I was saying the truth. And yes, I am glad we can be friends as well. But… thank you for your kind words.”

 

“You are welcome. Now, just and advice… my cousin can be very cheerful and act cutely all the time, but she is great and I believe you already notice this.”

 

The shy and flushed butler dipped his head down and remarked happily:

 

“Yes, but I thank you for the advice. She is very lively and undeniably adorable, it is impossible to not fall for her. Oh, I must go, she is waiting for me. Farewell, Lady Hwang.”

 

“Farewell, Tae.”

 

Stephanie chuckled heartily as the hopeless butler quickly left to his encounter with her cousin. However, when she realized that she was alone again, she looked to her surroundings and breathed deeply before enter on the mansion. The young lady walked down the long aisle while looking for any sign of her dear lord. Meanwhile, again, she saw many portraits, but this time she was more aware. It was when she saw all the noble family’s paintings, and all of them held the same symbol, the same crest; Jung’s crest, like the one on Jesse’s sword.

 

However, her eyes stopped on a familiar figure in a panting, when she realized it was the same portrait which she saw on the museum, it was the one that Jesse didn’t want her to see. She could deduce that the family on the painting was Jesse’s family, but their outfits were possibly of the past century! Now, she asked to herself… how old is Jesse? Where has he been all this time? She felt so confused, but captivated as she watched him. As always, he looked so cold, but his eyes told otherwise; he was truly warm to her. It was amazing that her heart fastened the pace only to look at his portrait. Jesse always made his effect on her.

 

She shook her head already flushed as she kept walking by the long corridor. Stephanie thought that her beloved could it be at the living room, playing the piano, but no signs of him yet. Then, she sighed in dismay when something clicked in her mind, he must be in the garden. Not thinking twice, she walked to outside and became dumbfounded with the place’s beauty. So many flowers bloomed since the last time she came here. Once she looked the lonely red rose, she was surprised that more red roses appeared on the garden. It was so beautiful.

 

While Stephanie was admiring the flowers’ beauty, she felt a sudden shiver running down to her spine. She was not alone. Her heart pounded madly when she felt a presence behind her, followed by a pair of hands caressing her bare arms into a tantalizing way. Her eyes fluttered close unevenly when she felt a breath in her neck as the not so stranger whispered alluringly:

 

“Welcome back, my love.”

 

“Jesse…”

 

Stephanie barely had strength to call her lover’s name as his strong arms wrapped around her slim waist possessively. He pulled her body to his as she felt her back touching his front. Unconsciously, she placed her hands above his cold ones, a content sigh escaped from her lips as she felt the contrast of their hands. A drowsy smile was plastered in her face as she was inside his embrace, there isn’t any place that she wanted to be unless within his arms. He held her tightly and smiled on her neck, planting a caring kiss in her milky skin. So he whispered into his smooth tone:

 

“I was waiting for you. It was a torture to count the seconds just to see you again.”

 

“I barely have any sleep on last night too. Whenever I closed my eyes, your face was all I could remember…”Tiffany confessed into a faltering whisper.

 

Jesse didn’t resist, so he gingerly turned her face to him as his finger moved her chin. Once their eyes met, Stephanie felt her heart pounding incessantly once more as she was getting drown into his melting hazel eyes. Afterwards, they found themselves staring each other lovingly as both of them leaned and let their lips touch. Their eyelids dropped slowly as Jesse used his free hand to caress her jaw and cheek while his other hand held her waist possessively. In other hand, the young lady was ecstatic with his touches; her whole body was a haywire.

 

Her left hand nestled on his light brown hair gently as she used her other hand to cup his cold cheek tenderly. The kiss was brief, yet intense, her whole body shivered in delight when she felt the passion in every single touch of his. A smile grown on her lips as she nibbled his thin ones teasingly, enjoying his taste. In response, he enveloped her lower plump lips, the same lips that he was eager for so long and now, it belongs to him and him only. His teeth and lips grazed on hers alluringly and even earned a soft moan of the young lady. Jesse smiled at the thought as he planted a final kiss in her lips before withdrew himself.

 

When the disoriented lady came back to her senses, she fluttered her eyes open drowsily and smiled hopelessly in love when her eyes met his lovingly ones. He endearingly placed a strand of hair behind her ear and spoke softly:

 

“Come, let us sit down.”

 

Afterwards, he carefully dragged her to a love bench in front of his garden. He opened his left arm wide as if he prompted an invitation for his beloved to take her place inside of his embrace. More than happy, Stephanie complied at his subtle action and already found herself inside his arms. She placed her head on his chest and slowly, let her eyes close when she felt his hand brushing her hair caringly. A smile formed into her face whenever she received his caresses or simple declarations of love in her ear. The moment was simply perfect. Almost perfect… it was when she reminded something… Now, she knows Jesse’s true identity, but… there was something missing on this puzzle… thousand of questions wandering in her mind like:

 

“Where did he come from?” “How old is he?” and “Why was he so tense whenever she asked if they already met before?”

 

Deep inside her heart, she knew that the day on the alley wasn’t their first encounter. Mostly, how could he know the song that was taught by her family? A song that passed by each generation of Hwang Family. There are so many mysteries and her heart ached in doubt. She was completely sure of her feelings for Jesse and honestly, she doesn’t care about his situation or even what people would think if they realize it. Yet, now was the time to get some answers…

 

Opening her eyes slowly, Stephanie held the hand that caressed her shoulder and started slowly:

 

“Jesse?”

 

“Yes, my love?”

 

“Can I ask you something? … And you promise me that you will me the truth?”

 

She said as she sat normally while looking deeply into his eyes. The lord in other hand, felt certainly worried about her tone, but he couldn’t deceive her… right?

 

“Of… course… What do you want to ask me?”

 

So, the brunette held his cold hands and squeezed them caringly without break their stare. She took a deep breath and gulped as she finally asked hesitantly:

 

“Are you really sure that… we didn’t met each other before the day on the alley?”

 

That moment, Jesse merely widened his eyes. He was cornered. What can he do? He can’t lie to his beloved, but he knows that if he tell the whole truth… this can ruin their newly found love relationship and worst… she might think that his love for her isn’t real, which is a completely foolish thought since he had always loved her wholeheartedly. Yet… with her expecting eyes staring at him so anxiously… what could he answer now? Say the truth and crush her hopes or postpone the true story for the sake of her love?

 

 

TBC?

 

Replies:

@namos26: Omo, I am so flattered >.< I’ll try my best. Thanks for comment!

@nonana: Yup, I hope you enjoyed the long chapter =D Hahahah nope, it never crossed my mind, a Hulk Jesse lol. Me too, mainly when Jessi is the vamp one ;) Hahaha kinda Jesscula lol I like more this concept than other vampires movies ;) Thanks for comment!

@PlayerHwang: Hmm, I believe not. Jesse can hide his true identity very well. Hahaha its hard for Jessi controls his beast side whenever he is with Fany lol Thanks for comment!

@jessjung_dew: I guess you got your answer now, isn’t? Hahaha sorry for not picking the wolf, but I have to admit that Jessi in vampire concept rocks lol Yup, its melody passed by each generation of Hwang Family. Wait a minute? Reincarnation of the old love of Jesus??? LOL sorry, I didn’t follow you… did you mean, Jesse? XD Anyway, about this, you’ll know the answer on the futures chapters. Hmm about Siwon’s identity, I will let you know soon ;) I hope you are enjoying this enigmatic story hehe. Thanks for comment!

@The_Looker: Yup, that it’s the purpose lol Hahahha I see, Beauty and the Beast, I like that cartoon ^^ But nope, there isn’t a meaning for this rose, so don’t worry lol. Yup, as you can see, he watched Fany for awhile… I believe you know now the reason of his thirst. Hahaha be my guest, you can make more question anytime ;) Sorry if I took so long, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for comment!

@shajanie: Omo, I am really flattered hehe. I am glad that you like it. I hope this chapter made you more happy hehe. Thanks for comment!

@Va_asianloverz: Sorry for taking so long. Thanks for comment! 

 

A/N: Hello again, dear readers! Did I update faster this time? lol I believe that all of you know Jessi's true identity now haahaha, sorry for the ones who wanted for him to be a wolf, hulk or another monster lol I present you Count JessCula lol XD Sorry, that was really lame, but honestly, I always wanted to write a story with this concept (not entirely, just a mere shadow), something different from the vampires 'love' stories that we have been seeing lately... jk hahaha x.x Anyway, I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for everyone who commented, voted and subscribed. Omo 79 subscribers! I am touched T.T Oh and I want to welcome you, new reader! I believe that this story must have more 2-3 chapters and then, The End. If you want to keep reading this fanfic, please, I would appreciate your comment, vote or any feedback, its how I know that you guys are enjoying this story =/ Feel free to ask more questions, ok? Btw, I am curious, are you guys enjoying the long chapters or should I write less? Please, let me know. I want to do the best for all of you. Take care, God bless all and see ya! (Did you guys like the JeTi vamp/moment here? lol)