Getting Comfortable

A Writer's Perspective

So the next part of this entire thing is the one must become comfortable with writing, and obviously, it does not matter what subject one writes about, they just have to be comfortable in doing so constantly, even if they find themselves rambling.

It's a lot like talking to someone new...or dissecting...once you get in the habit of doing so, it's not really hard to repeat afterwards.  It's a struggle at times, but you eventually just get into the routine of doing it.

What? You think that your supposed admirable authors are just exploding ideas all the time and just know when to put it into story form? Think again. Most of the time, they get there ideas from the most random places, and half the time, it's because they're just rambling or talking to someone else, and they jot down that idea afterwards.

So let's have a short conversation shall we?

Hi, I'm Karlo, what's your name?

................

Really? That's an amazing name! I love how it starts with a number!

................

Oh...it doesn't? Well, anyway...what groups do you like?

................

Oh, him! Wasn't he like from BSB or something? ...oh right, Asian, haha...

................

I AM SO NOT STUPID, HOW DARE YOU!!

................

OH IT'S ON, BRING IT ON SHORTY! (unless you're not short that is...) I'LL PULL OUT MY FREAKIN VOCABULARIOUS SKIZZLES AT YOU! (like that's a word...)

................

Oh, so now you're calling me stupid. I SEE HOW IT IS!! (insert crying emoticon of your choice here)

................

Hmph, fine. Subject switch~ What's your favourite movie?

................

What? Repeat? OH, WE'LL USE DORY'S WHALE TALK. (ahem) WHAAAAAAAAAT. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS. YOOOOOOOOOOOURRRRRR. FAAAAAAAVOUUUUURRRRIIIIIITE. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIEEEEEEEEEEEE?

And you get the point. Just talk to someone, talk about something random, be as random as you want. Even intellectual conversations would work...though they may not be as fun. (I've had enough experiences where if all they talk about is all the issues about the world...and existentialism, it's boring...honestly)


So now you have your plot bunny, and now you're getting comfortable with writing. What else is holding you back from starting your story? Your first stage is done, now start writing.

The next chapter will be the start of the refining stages. What you can do to improve your writing but not before I give you a couple of ideas on how to start that is...