The Evil Starting Procedure

A Writer's Perspective

Welcome to the world of writing. I am Karlo, and I shall be your tour guide for today, please make sure you watch your step, and don't harm any of our plot bunnies along the way.

First, the process starts off with the fact that, "Hey! I have an interest in writing a story down! ...But I don't know how to start."

Well, this is actually the first step in the beautiful makings of a good story, as long as you have something you want to express, and as long as you're willing to put a substantial enough effort into it, the story will turn out how you want it to be.

You see, so many other users constantly think about so many things that plague the mind of the writer that hinders the process of writing, such as "What if the people don't like my story?" or "Oh no, this person isn't even popular enough to write about, so no one will read it!" or maybe even "Ugh, what if I don't get many subs?!" I am hear to tell you to go through the meditation process. Repeat after me.

Oooom...I will not think about what others think...oooom...I will only think about myself first...oooom.....I like cheese omelets- I mean, I will only write for myself without worrying about others...oooom......

Very relaxing, no? Did it make you feel more confident about writing? ...No?

Well repeat 100 times, then maybe it will get to you.

In the mean time, those that are ready for the next step shall move on. Hopefully it won't take you too long to talk about your cheese omelets (or any other food you like)...and about not writing for others.

So the process has begun, and you're now ready for the most fearful step, the actual writing!

"Gasp! But Karlo! Writing is horrifying!" You must perservere! This is the ultimate test! "But...I'm scared!" Then go back to your mommy, damn it! (Okay, so perhaps this could have been explained in a more eloquent manner, but deal with it)

Anyway, all I'm saying is that it does not take much to actually start a story. Just be relaxed, keep focus, make sure you're confident in wanting to actually writing the story because you want to convey a message, rather than trying to get publicity, and most importantly...

...the most important thing about how to start writing a story is that...well...you actually have to start writing.

Yeah, like, as in, actually putting words together and forming sentences and all that other fun stuff.