Save Him, I'm Begging You

The Frozen Soul's Fire

                                                 

*NOT MY PICTURE*

 

Jinyoung:
            I smiled as I unchained my bike from the rack. I can't believe that she talked to me! I cheerfully strolled my bike to the front gates of the school and there I saw Suzy waiting for the bus. She waved at me and smiled. I swallowed my saliva and waved back to her. Okay Jinyoung, you got this, act cool...
"Hey." She grinned.
"Hey.." I replied shyly as my heart rate increased.
            I stopped to chat with her  until the bus came, which took about twenty minutes, and then I headed home. I can't wait to tell Grandpa Pyo about Suzy! I smiled and laughed like a mad man as I slowly rode my bike through the city streets. I was so infatuated that I had almost forgotten I had to buy Grandpa Pyo's medicine. He took the last of his pills this morning. I turned my bike around and speeded towards the pharmacy. I hope Grandpa Pyo is okay. I almost crashed into cars, people, and poles as I rushed to the pharmacy. I waited in a long line. I had forgotten that the line gets long around this time. It is usually very short or empty when I come right after school. I grabbed the medicine and rushed back onto my bike. Please be okay, Grandpa.
            It took me 20 minutes to get across town to my house even though I peddled as fast as I could. I ran up to the 5th floor of the apartment building and tried to open the door. Grandpa Pyo, you're okay right?! I kept messing up the number pad lock on the door because I was being too hasty. C'mon! 91...11...18.. Yes! I finally got the door to unlock and I rushed inside only to find Grandpa Pyo on the living room floor. He laid there, not moving at all. I covered my mouth and lost strength in my legs and dropped the medicine on the floor. "GRANDPA PYO!" I shouted as I crawled over to him and cradled his lifeless and cold body in my arms. Tears ran down my cheeks as I dialed 911. The ambulance was on its way. I sat there and stared at his face with my watery eyes. "Wake up... Grandpa.... wake up... open your eyes... tell me you're okay..." I said even though I knew he would only remain the same. But, I continued, "Grandpa Pyo... We're still going to the country side together in the summer right? ... Wake up... I'll make you your favorite kimchi stew and pork belly meat and I'll pour you your favorite soju... Grandpa Pyo..." I said his name and then hunched over to kiss his cold forehead.

Suzy:
            Ahh... so his name is Jung Jinyoung. I finished wiping up the last table and had my cup of coffee with mom. We walked up to the second floor and mom didn't pat me on the back again. I followed her to her room again and she laid on her bed. By the time I finished my school work it was 1 in the morning. I didn't fall asleep while studying as I usually did. I turned off my lamp and laid on my bed.
            I dreamed about dad. We were both on a boat, sailing through the ocean at night. He smiled and the only words that he said to me were "Look at Venus". And so I looked up at the sky. Among all of those stars there was only one Venus. He pointed to her and smiled. His face was peaceful as usual and his smile was brighter than the moonlight as usual. I looked up at Venus and when I looked back across the boat, he was gone. I searched for him in the boat. I searched for him in the water. And then I looked up at the sky and there he was. He waved and smiled at me from Venus.
            I went to school early as usual. I wanted to talk to Jinyoung today rather than sleep at my desk. I slid the door to my class open and peered inside for Jinyoung but, he wasn't there. Maybe he's late today. I sat at my desk and looked around. I was the only one in the class and it seemed 10 times bigger. It felt different without him. When he was here I felt comfortable even though we didn't talk. I put my head down on the desk and looked over at his empty desk.
            The bell rang for the start of class and his seat was still empty. I glanced over at his desk all throughout the morning. It was finally lunch time and his seat was still empty. I sighed and slouched in my chair. I brought extra food for him but he didn't even show up. I frowned and looked out of the window. The odd little brown bird was standing on a branch beside the window. It looked at me and wobbled its head and then flew to a tree at the far end of the school yard. I watched him fly to his new location, he perched on the tree that only had branches on its right side, Pyo. I grabbed my lunch bag and hurried outside to Pyo and the peculiar bird. As I approached Pyo, I heard sniffling noises. I looked around and spotted someone's legs from behind Pyo. I tip toed over to Pyo's trunk and inched my head to his side to try to get a glance at who was behind him. I couldn't see enough so I stepped closer to the human when suddenly my foot tripped over one of Pyo's roots and I ended up landing right in front of the human.

            I slowly look up and realized that it was Jinyoung. The myriad fresh cuts on his bloody arm caught my attention. Blood flowed from the openings and rapidly dripped on the dirt. He was nonchalant, looking up at the sky while dozens of tears rolled down from his eyes. I screamed and quickly unwrapped the fabric around my lunch box and tied it around his arm. "What happened!" I asked him with great concern. He slowly looked at me with his watery eyes. "Don't worry about me... just let me... die..." he softly said before he lost strength and passed out. The cuts were quickly draining his body of blood. His body would close the scars and save him from dying of blood loss on its own but it'd be too weak to fight possible infections. I quickly wrapped napkins around his arm with one bloody hand and then dialed 911 with my other blood covered hand. While waiting for the operator I looked up at Pyo and the odd bird was looking at me. "Please save him!" I pleaded to the little bird.

 

 

----------

Author Note: I have no experience with wrist/arm cutting so be lenient on my portrayal of it please D: