C'est La Vie.

Winter Wishes [ D I S C O N T I N U E D ]

“Would you mind going somewhere with me?” Baram asked, nervously.

His question caught me off guard. I wouldn't have been surprised if the sudden choking on my own saliva gave it away.

"Don't worry, it's not like that," he continued as if he didn't notice my reaction.

"It's cold and there's a cafe nearby, don't you think it’s better than just standing around?" he concluded as he cautiously chose the right words to say.

"..Oh! Well, I suppose our friends can just text us later when they're done or something.." I said, thinking over the possible consequences of going to a cafe with a guy I just met. Let's not forget that he's attractive too.

We walked to the nearest cafe. As we approached the door, he opened it for me.

" ladies first," he said with an eye smile that could melt a heart.

I walked in, thankful. He followed suit.

"Table for two, please." He said to the waitress.

"Right this way," the waitress said as she led us to a table near a window.

We ordered our drinks, hot chocolate for the both of us to be exact. Things were rather quiet for the most part. I swear the only thing I could hear was my heartbeat.

It began to snow harder and our attention was averted from our "interesting" drinks to the window.

"See, wasn't it a good thing we went here? We could've died out there." He chuckled a bit.

I nodded in agreement.

"Hey, let's stop being awkward, okay?" Baram requested.

"I just-" I began, but I was cut off by the sudden vibration of a phone.

It was Baram's. He quickly checked his phone, read a message, and set it back down.

"Sorry, please continue." He  said uneasily.

" Was that your friend?" I asked.

"... What? No, it was just... Something" He said rather quickly.

"Ah.. Okay. Well I just wasn't sure where we were.. You know.. Age-wise?" I continued what I was saying before.

We talked for while about our age and what high school we attended. Not to mention we also exchanged phone numbers.

"Waaah, that's weird how you go to my rival school..." He said, slightly
amused.

"Yeah... I guess after this, we can't be seen with each other!" I joked.

"I hope we don't end up like that.." He said with a disheartened tone.

"Ah.. Oppa I was just joking!" I said, trying to patch things up.

His head jerked up at the word "oppa". After realizing he was a year older than me, I decided to call him that.

He gave me his signature eye smile once again.

"It's okay since you called me oppa!" He said, wriggling around in his seat.

"Baram oppa~!" I said as I smacked his shoulder playfully. "You're weird, you know that, right?" I smiled at him.

"Look who's talking~" He said as he smiled back at me.

"I never expected us to get this close all of a sudden." I thought out loud.

"That's life!" He said with another smile.

His smiles were the best.

 



"I thought I’d find you here." A voice said, completely destroying the good vibes around us.

 

------------------------------------------

I'll probably update once a week :')