Departure & Arrival

Winter Wishes [ D I S C O N T I N U E D ]

“YAH! Eunjae-ah, wait up!” my best friend yelled as my family and I got into the van.

We were going to the mountains for winter break and I could bring one friend with me.

I knew going with just my parents would be a death sentence, so I brought my trusty sidekick, my partner in crime, my best friend, my other half, Park Hyemi , with me. She always knew how to keep me in check, especially when I was away from home. 2 weeks alone would be torture, so I was happy to have her accompany me.

After 2 hours, we finally arrived at our destination. Snow was falling and the view was great. In my peripheral vision I saw a group of rowdy boys park and make howling noises as they jumped out of their van. I noticed A tall-ish boy with dyed white hair, it was strange yet intriguing. He seemed the most mature out of the group and it attracted me quite frankly. Each one of them was cute in their own way, at least as far as I could tell from where I was standing. I finally began to think this wouldn’t be such a bad trip. Taking a break from reality, surrounded by a considerable amount of cute boys… Doesn’t sound too bad, right?

“Eunjae, I know what you’re thinking. You need to stop. Have your forgotten that your long term crush is waiting for you back at home?!” Hyemi interrupted my thoughts.

She was right. I forgot about him. Jongup was a boy I have had a crush on since middle school and lately, he has been talking to me. We were supposed to hang out over break, but I had to go on this stupid trip. We promised to keep in touch. Although we are only in the talking stage, I told myself to stay devoted to him because I’ve been waiting for him to notice me for such a long time. I couldn’t let this opportunity to become close to him pass by.

“Shh, not now Hyemi! “ I said as I punched her shoulder playfully.

I pouted as I watched the group of attractive boys walk away.

Hyemi and I walked into the hotel lobby with my parents to check in. My parents agreed to keep their distance from us as long as our room was across from theirs. We happily obliged. After acquiring our keys to our room we felt a sense of freedom.

“Eunjae-ah, you realize we can do just about anything now, right? WE ARE FREE!” Hyemi cried aloud as she jumped  with joy.

“Hyemi-ah calm down! We need to figure out how to effectively use our money.” I said trying to calculate things in my head.

“Let’s just have fun, okay?” Hyemi said, trying to persuade me.

I stood there contemplating for a moment. I had to make sure we had enough money for food. Knowing Hyemi, we would spend all of our money before lunch time.

“Stop thinking so hard about it Eunjae-ah! Look, there’s a fortune teller tent over there! Let’s go there first!” Hyemi whined and begged as she dragged me along with her.

I didn’t want to go with her. Fortune tellers were only here to scam gullible teenagers like us. I didn’t want them to be content with what they’ve done after taking our money. I decided to follow Hyemi since I knew she would eventually get her way anyways.

We entered the tent together and the lady, whose name was too long to remember, told us to pick two cards.

She did my reading first.

“ You’re a pretty girl, you know that right? Do you have a boyfriend?” The lady asked. Images of Jongup flashed in my mind.

I don’t know what this had to do with my reading, but I knew whatever she was going to say next was probably going to be total bullcrap.

“No ma’am. “ I answered as calmly as I could.

“If you control that bad temper of yours, you will get one soon.” She stated with a wrinkly wink.

“Omo Eunjae-ah, it’s Jongup! Eeeeeek!” Hyemi squealed  beside me.

“I heard he doesn’t like girls with a  temper, Eunjae-ah you better be careful!” Hyemi thoughtfully concluded. She just added fuel to the fire.

“What a bunch of bull,” I said with a disgusted tone as I stood up from my chair. I hated being teased. Being teased by a complete stranger made it worse. Who was she to say such things? What does she know about my life? What is she, God?!

“What a waste of time AND money. You know what , lady? I can tell you what’s in your future too. You’re probably going to end up in the streets because of this crappy business you run. I’m out of here.” I said as I stormed out of the tent. I was expecting Hyemi to follow me out, but she didn’t.

“So much for bringing my best friend with me…” I grumbled silently to myself as I kicked the snow beneath my feet.

 

“HYUNG! LET’S GO TO THE FORTUNE TELLER!!” I heard a voice say from a distance.

I looked up and it was the attractive guy with white hair from earlier, holding back a boy who looked younger than him.

“ Jude! Shut up, they’re just going to scam us.” The white-haired boy said as he flicked the boy named Jude’s forehead.

“But hyuuuungg!” Jude whined and went down to his knees to plead. I giggled because of how much he resembled Hyemi.

I didn’t realize it, but I was smiling.

“Aishh. Arasso, arasso. Get up and stop making a scene. You have to do it on your own though.” The white-haired boy said.

They made their way toward where I was standing and I self-consciously fixed my hair.

He gave him the money and pushed him into the tent.

I giggled a bit at the scene I witnessed.

He looked up at me, embarrassed.

“ Ah, sorry. The maknae is always hard to please..” He said as he looked to ground and scratched his head.

20 minutes of awkward silence passed by.

“I wonder what’s taking them so long.” We both said at the same time.

We both laughed at how awkward that was.

“My name is Baram, by the way.” He said out of nowhere.

“Oh, I’m Eunjae.” I said, hoping that this conversation wouldn’t be a one-time thing.

“Would you mind going somewhere with me?” Baram asked, nervously.

-----------------------------------------

How was the first chapter? Is it alright?

ooh gosh, these bigstar feels though.

I feel like they don't have enough fanfics :'(