Chapter 1

Kingkas' War

 

JUNHO POV

“If you’re just going to ignore us like this, I swear you won’t get paid this month!” I raised my voice at the middle-aged man who was arranging some papers on his desk. He was not really paying atttention at me.

“But we have a deal, Mr Lee. Whoever comes first to audition will get to participate. If I allow six of you to compete as well, it’ll be a chaos. I’m sure you still remember what happened at our annual dinner last year, right? It was really embarassing.” Mr Jong released a heavy sigh as he looked at me.

“You and the boys can never get along.” He shook his head.

“I don’t care about the stupid deal. If you’re not allowing us to join this competition, then you don’t allow them too!”

“But Mr Lee-”

“Look old man! I’m trying to be nice with you. Let us in or you’ll doom!”

GIKWANG POV

“Alright, now I’m going to announce the winners for our first place,” The emcee spoke up as the second place winners headed to the aundience seats. She opened the red envelope in her right hand.

“Wow! I’m sorry to announce you that we’ll be having exactly two winners for our first place.” Her eyes widened.

“You don’t say....” I got up from my seat.

“Yeah! Big applause for our winners, Biseuteu and Tupiem!!”

“!!! They took part?!” I half-shouted.

“Yes, Kiki. They performed when you went to toilet just now.” Yoseob explained.

“What?!”

“At least we won something, Kiki.” Hyunseung said and got up from his seat as well.

“You mean something that we have to share with our biggest enemies?! Hell no, Hyunseung! I don’t wanna go on stage! I’d rather commit suicide than standing on the same stage with those bastards!”

“Try do it here. I wanna see. Here, I got a knife!” Junhyung got up and took out a knife from his pocket. He brought a knife to everywhere?!!

“Junhyung, please.. Not now,” Dujun pulled him backwards and made him seat.

“Winners, please proceed onto the stage. We’ll be giving the prizes now.” The emcee spoke up as she stared at us.

“Let’s go!” Yoseob said.

We immediately made our way towards the main stage. Junhyung was the first to walk down the stage after receiving the prize. As he walked down the stairs, someone pushed him from the back and made him fell onto the floor. The rapper groaned as he held his ankle.

“Oopsss! You walked to slow, fat tounge!” WooYoung smirked and walked away. Dongwoon ran towards Junhyung and struggled to make him stood on his feet.

“Hyung, are you okay?”

“Yea I’m fine. Let me go!” He pushed Dongwoon aside and tried his best to stand up.

“Gikwang! No!” Yoseob was half shouting as I ran after WooYoung and smacked his back.

WooYoung tried to fight me back as I started punching him in the face but what to do, I was too fast and stronger so he couldn’t do anything.

“Kiki!! Your back!” Dujun shouted from on the stage.

I immediately turned my head as I saw Junho who was ready to give me a punch. I didn’t have much time to avoid so the punch went straight at my lips.

“Boys, stop now!!” A half-aged woman yelled as she approached two of us.

“What do you think you’re doing??! Two of you see me after school.”

JUNHO POV

“I allow none of you to take part in any competitions starting from now on.” President Kang spoke up as two of us took our seats.

“What?!!” I immediately got up.

“Do I need to repeat?”

“That’s not fair!” Gikwang got up as well.

“I’m tired of being fair all the time, Gikwang-shi.”

“But that bastard pushed my friend down the stairs! I was just protecting him. It wasn’t a crime.”

“I never said it was.” President Kang crossed her arms.

“And you smacked my friend!” I pushed Gikwang and made him seat.

“Stop!”

“Well, he asked for it.” The abs king got up again.

“I said stop!!!” President Kang immediately got up and slammed her desk.

“Listen. This is my final decision and your dad’s order as well, Junho. Deal with it or leave this school.” She glared at us.

“You can leave now.” She said.

Gikwang and I walked out of the office but before he could go any further I smacked his back and immediately ran towards the school gate. Gosh I hate that punk why do he always have to mess up with my life!

Me and my members always have been great in the past eversince we entered this school but after Gikwang got transfered to this school we had to share our popularity with him. He even formed  a group consists of six members respectively known as Dujun, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Yoseob, Gikwang and  Dongwoon.

I waited for Hyoyeon at the school gate when I saw a boy standing at the road. He was about to cross the road but I started to run after him and pulled him backwards. It was just on time before a speeding truck passed us by as we landed on the ground.

“Gwenchana?” I asked the boy as I helped him to sit up. He just nodded. I quickly cleared away the sand that stick on his palms.

The boy got up and pulled out something from his pocket.

“A bracelet?” I asked as he handed me a bead bracelet. He just smiled.

“Try put it on.” He instructed. I nodded and immediately put it on my left arm.

“Junho-yah!!” I turned back as I heard someone calling out my name. My mood was lightened up as I saw Hyoyeon was waving at me. She looked so pretty as she always did.

As I turned to face the boy again I realised he was gone.

“Junho, you’re still here?” Hyoyeon asked as she approached me.

“Ah. Yes.” I nodded. I looked around, hoping to see the boy again but I couldn’t seem to find him anywhere.

“What are you looking for?” She raised her eyebrows, waiting an asnwer.

“Nothing. Let me drive you home.” I said as I grabbed her hand. We headed to the car park.

*****

“Say what?!” WooYoung got up.

“Are you seriously kidding me?” He approached me and smacked my head’s back.

“Ouch! Yah! What was that for?” I raised my hand at him as I got up but didn’t have the chance to smack him back as he quickly covered his face with his hands.

“People who are in love tend to hurt other people and themselves.” Taecyeon spoke up. He giggled as he looked at me.

“What?! I’m reading a book.” Taecyeon immediately figured out an excuse as I glared at him. He pointed his finger at the book he was holding.

“You promised us to tell Hyoyeon the truth but you broke the promise again.” Chansung took off his earphone and faced me.

“Fine.” I paused.

“I’ll tell her tomorrow.” And I ended up making a stupid promise again.

“And also I have something to tell you guys.” I slammed on the bed and hit Taecyeon’s back on purpose. The beast groaned. I chuckled.

“You mean like President Kang told you we can never participate in any competition again?” WooYoung lifted his eyebrows.

“Wait a minute! How do you know?!” I sat up.

“We’re just a few meters away from the office.” He explained. I nodded.

“Well I’m leaving. My parents are not around so I need to go home on time. Anyone needs a lift?” I got up and walked towards the door.

“Me!” Chansung and WooYoung said in unison. The two got up and approached me. We bid goodbye to Taecyeon and left.