Hear Me

Hear Me

Ren's P.O.V.

 

It is a lazy Monday morning. Alarm was set on 6:45 a.m. and I kept pressing the 5 more minutes button. I had no determination to wake up or get out of the bed for that matter.

Suddenly my door opens and the yelling came - "Minki! Get your out of the bed!"

I shifted in my bed, not carrying for my mothers words.

"Minki, you better get up right now, or else...!" - she was standing next to my bed, but I wasn't caring at all. Last night I went to sleep a little later than usual... well... a lot later, it was like 3:20 when I turned my PC off.

"Why can't you wake up when you need to! Why do I have a child like you? All the other kids wake up on time!" - she started to exaggerate. It pissed me off so much. Were is she living? Nobody wakes up for school on time. I'm not the only one... ahhh she is really annoying in the morning.

"Just let me 5 more minutes..." - the annoyed voice came from me.

"Choi Minki, you will get up right this instant!" - she said pulling the blanket off of me which I quickly snatched back.

"What do you think you're doing!?" - she was angry. Almost every morning is the same story... and in the end I always get in school on time. Guess she needs to nag. It is seriously a job for parents to nag, they can't go a day without it.

"If you're not downstairs on breakfast in 2 minutes..." - she threatened me and I just said, or more like I let a voice that sounded like "aha".

After she stormed out of my room I stayed in my bed for 2 more minutes. I hated mornings from bottom of my heart, I really hated it with passion. Finally I got up from my bed and opened the curtains, closing them in 2 seconds, because it was too bright outside. I looked at my watch and it was 7:19... great... now I have 15 minutes to get ready and put something in my mouth.

I put on my uniform, used a little bit of bb cream on my dark circles and put my hair in a messy ponytail. Looking myself in the mirror I had to admit I looked fine~. I didn't even have to try. I left for the breakfast with a satisfied smile.

"You are late again!" - the annoying motherly voice came again.

"No. I'm not!" - I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes on me Minki!"

I sighed not wanting to fight. Quickly finished my breakfast, went to take a piss and I was out of the door before you knew it. Of course getting to school on time... well, 8:00 is still on time.

 

- - - - -

 

At the school everything was like usually. Me hanging out with my best pals - JR and Minhyun, taking notes and sleeping in the class, thinking stupid/impossible thoughts and scenarios... just passing time.

After school we went to McDonalds and chatted for about and hour. I ordered cheesburger and french fries with a small coke.

"So the new game came out." - JR said with his mouth full.

"Oh, yea... Which one?" - I said taking a bite.

"One piss" - we bursted out laughing.

"Don't eat with your mouth full!" - Minhyun scolded him.

"Yeah, sorry. But that was funny. One Piss!" - we bursted laughing again.

"I'm not into One Piece, so I don't really care. Something else?" - Minhyun said sipping his juice.

"How can you not love One Piece!" - JR spread his arms.

"The art work is ugly." - Minhyun made a disgusted face and I had to agree, the artwork was bad.

"I agree. It is very~ bad."

"I don't want to speak to you both..." - he acted hurt.

"Then don't." - Minhyun said jokingly.

"Anyways~"

"Well, that lasted for long." - we all laughed.

"Ha-ha Minhyun." - he was sarcastic - "Anways~ what do you say about the new girl in school? What was her name..."  - JR tried to remember but failed.

"Ahhh I know who you're talking about. She looks nice." - I said smiling.

"Nice? She is sooooo good~ " - JR smiled from ear to ear - "What about you Minhyun? Anyone caught your eye?"

"That guy from 3.A looks nice, but he is not really my type, so..." - JR and I nodded.

"I can see why you would go for him..." - JR said while nodding his head.

"And why is that?" - Minhyun laughed.

"...just... I wanted to say it... so... don't... ok..." - we all bursted once again.

"Idiot!"

So that is how our conversation went. Small talks, nothing important.

 

- - - - -

 

I was in the train going home. It wasn't so crowded, thank god. After 7 stops it was my time to exit and omg was my stop crowded, it was probably a rush hour. People were pushing each other and it was hard for me to walk. I was basically swimming through people and when I was near the exit, I bumped hard with my head into someone.

"Auch!! !! Auch!!" - It hurts. The big guy turned to his left and he would hit me with his elbow in the head full speed if I didn't dodge it on time.

"What is your problem! Watch where you're going!" - I yelled at him, but he didn't pay attention to me and just kept walking. I was so angry right now. That jerk! Who does he think he is!

I was looking at him all annoyed and I saw him dropping his wallet. I smirked. Well he deserve it. I turned around and made 2 steps, but in the end turned around and went to pick up his wallet. I was much better than that jerk, so I'm gonna return his wallet to him and be a better person. I lost him for a second from my eyesight, but quickly found him and rushed toward him. I was making my way out of this crowd. He was taking the stairs opposite of my direction, so I hurried not to lose him. He went up the stairs and into the park. Finally I was only 3 meters away from him and I decided to call him out.

"Hey, you!" - he didn't budge.

"You! Guy! Hey!" - nothing.

"Hey! Mohawk!" - still nothing.

Well, maybe he is listening to something. It is impossible not to hear me from here. I rushed toward him and from behind I pulled his arm.

"Hey!" - I screamed and he turned around, obviously with a shocked expression... I guess I startled him.

"Yes?" - he was confused.

"Your wallet. You dropped it." - I said it with a princess attitude. He was really annoying me, pretending not to hear me.

"Oh, thank you!" - he flashed me a dazzling smile and for a second I was caught in it, but quickly pulled myself together. Well at least he knows how to say thank you.

"I was calling you! Didn't you hear me? Are you deaf or something?!" - I said visibly being annoyed by him. I just didn't like this guy. He looked like a popular-jock-jerk-kind of guy.

He stared at the floor being a little down and bowed to me - "I'm sorry."

"I-It's ok..." - I was not expecting this kind of behaviour.

He was rubbing his neck and looked at the floor once again - "Actually, I am deaf...yeah...so, sorry that you had to catch up with me and thank you" - he bowed again, giving me an amazing smile once again.

I felt like the biggest on earth. Please earth open up and swallow me! Please! I had a stupid expression on my face, it was shock mixed with embarrassment. I bowed and couple of times apologized.

"It's ok" - he chuckled. "You don't have to apologize."

"I'm sorry." - I said once again this time looking at his face.

He smiled. - "Let me treat you to a drink. That's at least I can do."

"You don't have to." - just please let me go from this embarrassing moment.

"Common. It is only from a vending machine." - he pointed at the machine that was only a couple of steps from us.

"Sure..." - I agreed, although I really didn't want to.

He put some coins in the maschine and asked me what I wanted.

"Cola is fine." - I said and he smiled.

From this moment on I really cursed myself for thinking that this guy is a jerk. I was a jerk myself for judging a book by its covers.

He handed me the coke and we sat on the bench. I took a sip. It was a awkward silence for a while.

"So... Thanks again for picking up my wallet." - he started the conversation.

"Don't mention it." - I put a polite smile on my face. Ahhh, I really want to go home.

"But... where did I drop it?"

"Near the ticket station."

"Ooh." - and again the awkward silence took place. I was drinking coke like a maniac, just so I could go home.

"Oh, by the way, I didn't even introduce myself." - he started the conversation again. - "My name is Dongho, but everybody calls me Baekho." - he smiled again.

"Baekho? Why Baekho?" - I asked.

"Well... My body is big and I used to have a blond/white hair...so... Baekho (White tiger)." - he giggled.

"Ahh, right" - I smiled - "I can see now." - the silence again spread, but soon was cut by Baekho again.

"And if I can know... you are?"

"Ohh~ Right" - I laughed feeling embarrassed - "My name is Minki, but friends call me Ren."

"Why is it Ren?"

"Honestly I don't remember." - I took a sip of cola.

"Ren means lotus in japanese." - Baekho said looking at my face. He was always doing it. Staring at my face.

"Really? I didn't know..."

"Yes and it fits you perfectly. Lotus is a beautiful flower." - when he said it I immediately shifted away from him.

"I didn't mean it like that!" - he started panicking - "And you must be aware that you look pretty...like a... you look..." - he was trying to find the right words.

"I look like...?"

"A little bit like a girl..." - he said quietly, like saying it quietly will make it less "offensive".

"I know I look feminine and I'm fine with it. It fits me, so whatever. And besides girls are the prettier gender, so you didn't insult me or anyone ever will by saying I look like a girl." - I said with a little pissed off tone and he noticed it, immediately apologizing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I didn't mean to insult you, nothing like that. I just wanted to say that nickname Ren fits you perfectly since Lotus is a pretty flower and... well... you look... pretty." - He looked away - "Well this is getting weird" - he started laughing and I did the same.

After a while of silence I started talking first - "So... how old are you?"

No response came from him. Now this was really embarrassing again. What do I do? Do I poke him, so he will turn around and look at me. Ahhh, yeah, I get it! He was looking at my face because he reads from the lips! God, I am so slow... so... should I poke him or what? Wait until he turn around to look at me again? Ahhh, what is this situation. I started to rub my face and he noticed my movement and turned his face toward me.

"Ah, sorry. Did you say something?"

"N-no." - I lied, but asked the same question again - "How old are you?"

"20. You?"

"18"

"We are only 2 years apart. That's great." - he smiled and I swear his smile shined. It was the first time seeing a smile like that.

I finished my coke and got up from the bench, him doing the same.

"I got to go. School is tommorow...so..." - I said not really knowing how to part with him.

"Thank you again and maybe we will see each other again." - he scratched his neck.

"No problem. Yeah, maybe. Bye." - I smiled and turned around heading to my home.

 

- - - - -

 

It was Tuesday morning and almost the same scene was happening with my mom and sleeping. Why can't she just leave me alone in the morning? I love her, but in the morning she can be so annoying.

The school went as usual. It was a lunch break and I was about to tell Minhyun and JR what happened yesterday.

"You will not believe what happened yesterday. It was probably the most embarrassing thing that happened in my life." - I put down my food and started to talk, both of them fixing their eyes on me.

"So I was at my train station, ready to go home, right? Where out of nowhere some big guy almost met his elbow with my head and he didn't even apologize to me. Seriously he could hit me and I would be knocked out." - I gestured with my body how it looked.

"He should have apologized." - Minhyun said.

"Right! But he didn't... now that I think about it, I'm not really sure if he noticed me or what he almost did to me... Well anyways I yelled at him, "what the was your problem." And he just ignored me." - I was getting pissed a little remembering it.

"Maybe he didn't hear you."

"Minhyun, what the ..." - I said with a poker face - "Can you not defend him..."

"That guy seems like son of a to me" -  JR said and we all laughed.

"Thank you... but listen what happened next, he dropped his wallet." - I emphasized the "he dropped his wallet" thing and raised my finger up like I just said something important.

"...ok... I don't get where this is going..." - Minhyun shook his head.

"I know! So you went to get his wallet and took his money." - me and Minhyun looked at JR with "what the actual " face and shook our heads.

"No... Why would I do that? I decided to pick it up and return it to him."

"And why would you do that?" - JR said with a confused expression.

"Because I'm much better person than he is." - I said kind of proudly and Minhyun patted my shoulder.

"Now that is a great move. I like what you did." - he smiled.

"If he almost hit me, I would pushed him and definitely wouldn't return the wallet." - JR looked at me.

"He was like big... I mean he was taller then me, shorter then Minhyun. His body was manly, he must work out and he had a dark blond or blond, I don't really remember mohawk. He looked like one of the popular, jerk type of guy."

"Then I would not push him." - he made the X with his hands.

"Was he hot? Good looking?" - Minhyun scooted with his chair closer to me.

"Well... he was good looking, but I wouldn't say he was your type... yeah, he definitely wasn't your type."

He let out a big sight.

"So, I decided to return the wallet to him, 'cuz I'm that ing nice, right?" - I continued - "Anyways I rushed to catch him and after we were at the park I finally did and was like 3 meters away from him and started to call him, but he totally ignored me."

"I wouldn't return it..." - JR mumbled.

"After calling him couple of times, I got pissed and pulled his arm shouting "Hey". He finally turned and was freaking shocked." - I started to cover my face from embarrassment that came rushing through me, remembering what happened next. - "I handed him the wallet and he thanked me... Then I asked him why the hell didn't he turned around when I was calling him, because he clearly heard me... and then I said... Are you deaf or what..." - I reflexly face palmed myself.

"Oh, god no... Don't tell me..." - Minhyun covered his mouth that were forming an O.

"Uuuu, dude... I feel bad for you... ahhh, now I feel embarrassed too." - JR brushed his fingers through his hair and left it in the back of his head, having a pained expression.

I faced palmed myself couple of times again - "I can't believe this happened to me."

Minhyun put his one hand around me and hugged me.

"So, basically he apologized to me and treated me to a drink as a thank you... but when he looked at the floor and told me that he is actually deaf and apologized and thanked me with such a warm smile, ohhhh~" - I started whimpering. - "I was never ashamed like this in my whole life! Why did he had to be so nice? It would be better if he was a jerk!" - I whimper some more, Minhyun patting my back.

"Well, let's just hope you'll not ever see him again." - JR said letting a big sight.

"Yes, because I really can't deal with this embarrassment... I feel so lame!" - I let out voices that sounded like I was crying.

"There, there. Everything is going to be ok. Just eat. This will not be the only embarrassing moment in your life." - Minhyun said still patting my back.

"Well... thank you... that was encouraging..." - I giggled and shook my head.

 

- - - - -

 

I was about to go home from my station, when I felt a hand reaching for my shoulder. My body froze and I kept thinking - please, please just not him. I turned around and there he was with his blinding smile again, but this time I could see, that his face while smiling, looks kind of dumb, well, at least to me.

"Hey, Ren!" - he smiled even wider.

"H-hey." - I put a polite smile.

"We meet again."

"Guess so." - I sounded disinterested, but I don't think he noticed it.

"It seems like we will meet each other often." - we started to walk toward the exit.

"..." - I didn't know what to say, I was practically crying inside.

"I moved 2 weeks ago in this neighborhood, so I'm still new here. I live at the "xy" building, you?"

Ohhh no! Are we now giving each other addresses now...? I really don't want to get any closer to you. You seem nice, but no. - "xx" - I answered briefly.

"Cool. So we are close."

We came to the park and he asked me if I wanted to hang out for a while, but I said that my mom wanted me home. Just as I was about to say bye to him, my mom popped out of nowhere.

"Minki! Ohh, I see you are with your friend." - they politely bowed and introduced to each other.

"So, yeah... We will go now." - I said pulling my mom to go with me.

"Why don't you stay with your new friend? Have fun a little. Here you go $10, go for a drink, or something. But don't stay for too long."- she said shoving $10 in my hands. Well, thank you mother... now I can't get out of this.

"Well, that's great. I know a great coffee shop we can go to."

"Great..." - there was nothing that can save me now, so I have to go with a flow.

 

- - - - -

 

After an hour of chatting I noticed that this guy was pretty awesome. He was funny and it wasn't boring with him. Well for now... we were only talking for an hour, but I really started to like him. He was a good guy. He had a scholarship for sport college he was going to. His passion was Kendo and he was a champion 2 times, had gold, silver and bronze medals too. He was impressing. No girlfriend, just broke up 3 months ago, she told him he was sometimes too rough, which he was sad, because he didn't really noticed it himself. I mean his build made him that way, it was not like he did it on purpose. He had a best friend who was American, which is pretty awesome if you ask me... hmm... he did say some more things about himself, but nothing that important. Of course I talked about myself too and I was just talking about JR and Minhyun when he interrupted me.

"So... Minhyun is gay?" - he asked with a shocked expression.

"Yes..." - I said hoping he was not thinking something stupid.

"So, how does that work? You and JR being friends with him?"

I felt my blood boiling - "What do you mean? That if he is gay, he will attack every guy? What the ? He is an amazing friend and a person, so why would I even be bothered by him being gay? What is wrong with being gay?" - I raised my voice.

"N-No. I didn't mean it like that. I am sorry. It sounded wrong." - he was panicking - "I mean... I have never met or been surrounded with anyone that is gay, so I'm just kind of interested. Not that being gay is interesting... no, I mean... I have nothing against gays and lesbians, they are born that way, I know that... just..." - he rubbed his face - "Sorry."

"Fine... just don't say it like that. And you have 100% been surrounded by gay people, you just didn't know it. At least you know that they were born that way. Some people find them disgusting, but I think that small minded people are disgusting." - I combed my bangs with my fingers.

"You are a really understanding person."

"Yes, well, I hope more people would be open minded like me." - we both laughed, him nodding his head.

After 2 more hours we finally parted ways. So we were 3 hours talking non-stop, there were no awkward silence and I really liked him. I guess it was good that I went to coffee shop with him. We also exchanged phone numbers and decided to repeat this again.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Originally I wanted to make this story a one-shot, but due to my college, I won't be able to write for about 3 weeks (exam period -.- ).

So I decided to split it into 2-3 chapters, because I didn't want to postpone this fic any longer. (but you'll have to wait for next chapter a little too long, I'm sorry)

 

I can't wait to hear your opinions =3 I hope you'll like it <3

Please don't be a silent reader =D