Ch 3

Let's Stay Together

Ryeowook stood nervously outside of the door, hopping back and forth from foot to foot. He switched the flowers from his right hand to the left, to the right again, before shoving them under his arm, only to wish that he had brought a basket or something to carry them.

“Stop fidgeting,” chided Youngwoon. He snatched the flowers from the eternal magnae, before he could shred them to bits in his nervous hands. “Yah, Kim Ryeowook.” Youngwoon waited until Ryeowook was looking up at him. He was short, so whenever he looked up at him liked that, his eyes looking up through the lashes looked distinctly feminine. This man really had no idea how damn pretty he was.

“What?” prompted Ryeowook, as Youngwoon stared at him in silence, kind of creepily. Youngwoon cleared his throat.

“Everything will be fine, so stop looking like you’re ready to bolt.”

“Are you sure we should be doing it like this? We don’t have many parties like this…I just don’t want to ruin it for anyone.” Ryeowook said uncertainly. He looked at the ground a little guilty, adrenaline pumping through his veins.

“We’re starting to sound like a broken record. We’ve been over this. It’s because we don’t have many gatherings anymore that we have to do it like this. When everyone is together. You’re the one that said we when we do it, we should do it in person, remember?” Youngwoon was tensing up again and he hated it. But Ryeowook panicking, which suited his high voice, which must be why no one ever noticed just how much the man worried, was getting to him. His whining, worrying, everything he said, sounded like a ballad. Breathing slowly through his nostrils, he forced himself to relax. He looked at Ryeowook, cocking one brow.

“You’re not thinking about jumping ship are you?” he asked. Ryeowook whacked him on the shoulder.

“That’s not funny. You know I’m not.” said Ryeowook. All of a sudden he stilled, looking calmer than he had the entire night. His face was pale, his lips flushed red. Youngwoon didn’t like that he looked like he was headed off to the gallows, still, but he supposed this was as good as it was going to get.

He clamped his hands around the flowers, crushing them. “Let’s go then.” Taking one of Youngwoon’s hands in his, he extended the other to ring the door bell.