Morning Kisses

Playing Cupid

            Kissing Sungmin yesterday morning had messed with his head, Jongwoon realized.  If he weren’t half asleep when he discovered what was happening, he wouldn’t have made such a dramatic scene about it.  They both reacted the way people do under those circumstances, but after reflecting on it over the course of the day, he realized that he did not mind kissing Sungmin as much as he’d let on.  He maybe even liked it.

            All day long, he replayed it in his head, over and over, realizing that he had to somehow retract his horrified response from the morning.  He hadn’t planned to kiss Sungmin again before he went to sleep, it just happened.  He saw an opportunity and, because he wanted to gauge both their responses, took it without hesitation.  He’d come to two realizations.  First, Sungmin was inexperienced but appeared to be a willing participant.  If it hadn’t been for how nervous Sungmin seemed, Jongwoon wouldn’t have pulled back when he did.  Which led to the other realization: Jongwoon wanted Sungmin.  He was ually frustrated from sleeping next to him for two nights in a row but had a feeling that his interest in Sungmin went beyond physical.  That’s where he felt inexperienced. 

            No matter how he looked at it, this whole business was going to require some patience.  He considered Sungmin one of his closest friends.  Their friendship had begun somewhat unintentionally, as they often found themselves hanging out together simply because they were the only ones home.  That’s how it started but now they spent time with one another intentionally and he’d come to understand Sungmin much better.   And he knew Sungmin wouldn’t just get close to someone without a serious emotional attachment, something that Jongwoon had avoided in the past.

            Jongwoon woke to find himself spooning with Sungmin, who thankfully didn’t wake up as he snuck out of bed and took a long shower.  He returned and dressed himself before sitting down on the bed next to Sungmin, who was sound asleep lying on his back now.  Jongwoon just couldn’t stop himself.  He had to kiss him again.

              

            Sungmin felt a soft brush on his lips and he couldn’t help but grin, remembering kissing Jongwoon.  Then he felt it again, soft lips touching his for just a moment.  Then it was gone.  It was a torturous tease, enough to speed up his heartbeat but leaving him wanting more.  The next time he felt the lips touch his, he brought his hand up to touch the face of his tormentor and then wrapped his free arm around their shoulders, pulling them close.

            The lips against his began to tremble as he heard laughter.  The lips pulled back once more and curiosity began to jumpstart his thought process, making him realize that he was just waking up.  When he opened his eyes, Jongwoon was looking down at him, his eyes barely open as he laughed, watching him.

            “What’s funny?  Were you just kissing me?”

            Jongwoon nodded.  “I was, just to see how you’d react today.  That was much more natural than last night.”

            “I’m glad that I could amuse you,” he said, feeling a little grumpy.

            Jongwoon playfully ruffled Sungmin’s hair.  “What are you up to after dance practice?”

            “Recovering from dance practice.”

            “Here?”

            Sungmin nodded.

            “Make sure Wookie doesn’t wander away from the house.  Kyu and Hyuk are having game night tonight and I intend to give them reason to think we’re involved.  And since you and Wookie won’t play, you’ll have plenty of time to gossip in the kitchen like you usually do.”

            “We don’t gossip,” Sungmin protested.

            “Just try to talk about me a lot and see if you can’t manage a blush every now and then.”

            “I can’t just blush on command!”

            “Should I just do something to make you blush then?  I can manage that,” he said, giving Sungmin a wicked smile before leaning down and giving him a peck on the cheek.  He then stood up and walked out of the room.

           

 

            “You letting Kyu sleep in?” Hyukjae asked as he entered the kitchen and sat down at the table, opening up the newspaper.

            “He isn’t up yet?  I thought he was showering,” Ryeowook said.

            “What’s the use of showering before dance practice when he’s going to be dripping wet by the end of it?  I haven’t seen him at all and if he doesn’t get up soon, he’ll make us all late again.”

            “I’ll go get him up,” Ryeowook said, wiping his hands on a dishtowel and heading down the hall.  He knocked twice and then opened the door, walking into Kyuhyun’s room.  Sure enough, Kyuhyun was still curled up in bed as his alarm beeped over and over.

            Ryeowook turned off the alarm clock and touched Kyuhyun’s shoulder.  “Kyuhyunnie, time to get up!  We have dance today.”

            Kyuhyun looked up at him through slitted eyes and groaned in objection.

            “Come on, if you don’t get up soon and eat, we’ll be late.”

            Kyuhyun grabbed hold of Ryeowook’s arm and pulled him down to the bed, wrapping his arms and one leg around him.  “Tired.”

            Ryeowook just laughed and kissed Kyuhyun’s lips before trying to push away from him.

            Struggling against him only managed to make the maknae wake up more and he rolled Ryeowook onto his back and rested his head on his chest.  “I should have stayed in your room last night.  I couldn’t fall asleep in mine.”

            “You know that’s too risky,” Ryeowook reminded him, rubbing Kyuhyun’s back for a minute and kissing his forehead.  “Besides, my bed is too small for you.  You should have had a glass of wine or some tea.”

            “You don’t like to sleep with me anymore,” Kyuhyun accused, his voice muffled against the cotton fabric of Ryeowook’s shirt.

            “Excuse me?  Who initiated the no sleeping in the same bed at the apartment rule?”

            “Jongwoon and Sungmin are doing it.”

            “But you didn’t tell them the rules, so they don’t know,” Ryeowook laughed.

            “That isn’t funny,” he complained.

            Ryeowook tried to wiggle out of Kyuhyun’s grip to return to the kitchen.  The longer he stayed, the less likely Kyuhyun would get up but the maknae rolled on top of him and looked down at him. 

            “Why have you been so needy lately?” Ryeowook asked, sighing.

            “Isn’t it okay if I need you?”

            “Of course it is,” Ryeowook said, reaching up and brushing the hair away from Kyuhyun’s eyes.  “Is something wrong?”

            “No,” he only said, getting up out of bed and crossing the room.  He opened a drawer and took out a grey t-shirt, pulling it up over his head. 

            Kyuhyun willingly getting out of bed could only mean one thing: avoidance.  Ryeowook got up and walked over to Kyuhyun as he looked through a pile of laundry.

            “Kyu.”

            “Hmmm?”

            “Tell me what’s bothering you.”

            “Nothing’s bothering me,” he answered, grabbing a pair of sweats and putting them on.

            Ryeowook knew that it wasn’t true but had learned long ago not to pressure Kyuhyun to talk until he wanted to.  He wasn’t the type to keep Ryeowook guessing long and sometimes it took him a while to articulate what he was feeling. 

            “All right.  Well, I made breakfast so hurry up,” he said, giving his boyfriend a warm smile.

            “Come here first.”

            Ryeowook took the three steps required to stand right in front of him and Kyuhyun immediately wrapped his arms around him and kissed him.  Although it was not overtly passionate, Kyuhyun thoroughly kissed him.  It wasn’t meant to seduce him but it yearned for something, as if he was pouring that nameless need into the kiss itself.  Even when Kyuhyun pulled back and began to search for his tennis shoes, Ryeowook felt he wasn’t any closer to an answer.