kai/chen/sehun

marking your hearts

brains and library (and all the things in between)

 

word count: 1130

summary: Quiet and simple would make a great definition of life. Jongdae decided that a long time ago when he applied to be the librarian assistant.​

notes: fill for microscopic. sweetie it's been what, a week now? i'm such a bad author but i hope you'll enjoy this piece of fail. you gave my all my bias and i was like heeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. but enjoy and i do accept more request if you have!

 

 

 

Jongdae sighed as he put the books on the cart with a loud thump. He pushed back his black-framed glasses back to where it should be and looked over to Yixing at the counter. “That’s the last stack for classic literature. The missing ‘Mobydick’ hasn’t been found though,” Jongdae muttered and Yixing nodded. Jongdae sighed and threw his gaze into the library pasture and hummed to the calm surroundings.

“I like it today. It’s so quiet,” he smiled as he pulled out a book from the red sector before making his way to an empty table at the secluded area behind ‘fairytales’ section. Yixing whispered before he gets there. “You like it every day.”

Maybe Jongdae spoke too soon today.

The huge mahogany door to the library opened and in came two students, speaking loud as ever and Yixing had to squint his eyes because he’s pretending ‘I can’t hear you over all this swagginess’. The slightly taller of the two (whose hair bleached white and the new hair is growing underneath) looked pissed at the other one; Jongdae reckon to be the school’s golden dancer Kim Jongin. He’s not sure who is the taller one but rumours had it that Jongin only had one best playmate and that is, Oh Sehun.

Jongdae eyed the two carefully, as if he eyes them careful enough it would send them out of the library. He watched the two walk circles round the library before deciding on two stacks of biology books; each at least one inch and a half thick. Jongdae analyzed the situation further and realized that the two were then searching for tables to seat so he immediately covered his nose with his copy of ‘A Midsummer’s Night’ and prayed really hard for the two not to take the empty seats in front of him.

He was wrong.

Almost.

Because Oh Sehun did take the seat in front of him, but the mighty Kim Jongin on the other hand chose to land his on the seat beside Jongdae.

“You cannot justify intelligence by that!” Sehun, loud as ever dumped the books on the table and Jongdae had to resist the urge to choke him.

“Well, you tell me about Suho hyung and Yifan hyung then, smart pants,” Jongin defended himself and Jongdae carefully thumped his book. Both Sehun and Jongin stopped bickering and sent Jongdae a look and that kind of made Jongdae shiver under their unintentional burning gaze.

“I-I’m sorry. It’s just that you guys should be more discreet because this is a library and you guys are not the only ones here,” Jongdae sighed out and immediately looked back to his book.

Staring at two gorgeous people is bad for your health. Bad. Because Jongdae was starting to have trouble breathing when he realizes their faces up close are much more intimidating. So they do live up to the gossips that floats around. Jongdae wondered for a brief moment why aren’t any fangirls around.

“Jongdae hyung. Jongdae.”

“Don’t be so rude Sehun he’s older and we barely know him.”

“Yeah okay, fine. Kim Jongdae sunbae-nim.”

Jongdae narrowed his eyes at the two, because their attempt on whispering to each other is an obvious fail.

“You guys do realize that I can actually hear you two, right?” he carefully traced out words. Both Sehun and Jongin immediately stood straight and looked into his eyes so intensely it burns. Okay so maybe Jongdae’s a little bit in love in exaggerating stuff but you get the idea.

“Is it true that the wider your forehead is the bigger your brain is? And the bigger your brain is then the smarter you are?”

What the .

Jongdae felt like slamming his head into the wood table.

“No.”

“Yes!” Sehun threw his fist into the air in pure excitement as Jongin pulls on a sour face.

“Your win is a self-proclaim win until Kim Jongdae sunbae-nim here provides justification and solid explanation to that statement,” Jongin crossed his arms together and pushed the thick books towards Jongdae.

“Why do you guys know my name?” Jongdae questioned, puzzled.

Sehun leaned over the table and Jongdae gulped all the saliva he could because ing bubble tea Sehun looked like he’s going to kiss him but instead, he jabs a finger on Jongdae’s chest, right in top of the school’s crest.

“It’s your name tag. It’s here. In case you didn’t notice,” Sehun continued to jab his slender finger and Jongdae had to swat his pale hand away to stop him. Jongdae added another stuff to his ‘not-healthy-for-me’ list: Sehun’s fingers on him. The librarian rolled his eyes. He’s not up for this . Jongdae just wanted a peaceful afternoon to finish the classic novel and no one could disturb him. So he figured if Jongin once some justification then why can’t him?

“How about you justify to me why I should spend my afternoon teaching biology to which none of you would actually apply?”

“He’s smart,” Sehun looked towards Jongin and pointed to Jongdae.

“He has a wide forehead,” Jongin replied. Jongdae frowned. Sehun thinks it’s cute.

“Yeah, his forehead’s kind of big,” Sehun supported. Jongdae frowned harder and Jongin stood from his chair bellowing, “Ahah! Your case falls and my hypothesis stands! You little piece of ! Pay me up!”

What the actual .

“Jongin sit your down and shut up! This is a library!” Sehun shouted with the same amplitude and Jongdae smiled. The thanks-but-I’m-gonna--your-face kind of smile. “Well thank you Sehun but I suggest that you shut up too,” he politely said. It’s okay, Jongdae still has another one hour to read.

“Sorry hyung,” Sehun hung his head low. So Jongdae’s a ‘hyung’ now.

“Pay me up, smart pants,” Jongin whined.

“Okay okay fine just don’t order that ty kimchi spaghetti again or you’ll regret it. I don’t spend my money for poop.”

Jongdae watched as the two stood from their seats miraculously without making much noise. Surprisingly the two were nice enough to pick up all the thick (reads: unused) books up and drop them on the cart two tables away. Jongdae sighed. Finally he’ll get to finish the book.

“Jongdae hyung!”

Or maybe not.

Jongin skidded to his table again before leaning over him. And Jongdae added two more stuff to his list; 1) Jongin leaning over you. 2) Jongin’s like cologne.

“What is it Jongin?” he had to control the nervousness in his voice.

“I coaxed Sehun to treat you also. Since we disturbed you and all,” Jongin said with a smile and moved out of the view so Jongdae could see Sehun waving at him.

Okay so maybe Jongdae is a little bit hungry and Sehun and Jongin are both gorgeous so why not?

“Sure.”

 

 

 

xx,

do upvote if you liked this drabble!