Three

Winter Memory

 

Taeyeon sigh as she got up from where she was seated in the park. She pull the jacket closer as she look around, trying to look for the man that had sat beside her, kindly offering for help.

 

She felt guilty. She couldn’t believe she had burst out just like that to the kind man. He was just trying to help her but she accused him for being a liar and everything. She didn’t believe his words at first but when he had lend his jacket to her, did she saw the hospital gown he was wearing.

 

Guilt immediately took over her.

 

She tried calling for the man  but he disappeared when she tried to. Thought, she was glad the man had given his jacket to her. She was feeling so cold and numb and she could do anything after hours of crying.

 

Her phone rang indicating that there is a new incoming message and she took her phone out. ‘JESSICA’ was shown there and Taeyeon growl before pushing the off button. The phone died and she roughly put them back into her pocket.

 

With a sigh, she made way to the café in the hospital and look around. The place was busy with patients and doctors treating people. She was about to walk to the café when she stop short in her tracks. She raise an eyebrow when she saw a familiar face.

 

“Kyuhyun?”

 

She accidently blurt out and the said man turn around. He saw her and she saw him furrow his eyebrows. Taeyeon chuckle slightly before making way towards the man.

 

“Hey Kyuhyun. Nice meeting you here”

 

She greet him and he widen his eyes, a smile soon form on his face.

 

“Taeyeon! Nice meeting you too. What are you doing here?”

 

He ask and Taeyeon chuckle at the man’s outburst.

 

“I could ask you the same thing”

 

She said and Kyuhyun smirk.

 

“Why can’t a doctor be in a hospital?”

 

He ask  and Taeyeon widen her eyes, looking at him with disbelief.

 

“You’re a doctor!?”

 

She exclaim and Kyuhyun nod, the smug smile hadn’t even falter from his face.

 

“How about you? I heard about his death. I’m really sorry to hear that. I hope you would move on with your life” he said and Taeyeon sigh as she put her hands inside the jacket. Kyuhyun got a good look of the jacket she’s wearing because it looks really familiar.

 

‘It looks like-

 

“I’m trying to but I can’t somehow. There’s a secret I just learnt and I don’t know how to face it” she said and Kyuhyun smile. “Jessica?”

 

“You knew?”

 

She ask him and he nod slightly.

 

“I knew he had an affection with your friend. But I never knew he would do that” he said and Taeyeon nod. Silence took over them when suddenly Kyuhyun’s phone rang and he grin at her.

 

“Emergency call from Donghae”

 

He said and Tayeon smile.

 

“Donghae oppa is here too?”

 

He ask and Kyuhyun nod.

 

“Yup. Our best friend, Ryeowook was admitted and we wanted nothing than him getting better” he said and Taeyeon nod. “I wish him good luck. Say hi to Donghae oppa for me. Bye”

 

She said and Kyuhyun smile before waving his hands to her. He slowly disappeared as he got into the elevator. Taeyeon sigh before she walk towards the café, her thoughts full of things. Her heart was broken by the man she love the most and her best friend. She doesn’t know what to do.

 

But she knew one thing,

 

It’s life.

 


 

“You don’t need to come Kyuhyun”

 

Ryeowook said to him when the man came nearer to him. He had woken up after few hours of sleep only to see the younger with Donghae on the sofa talking quietly. It looks like it was a serious matter and Ryeowook is dying to know what they were talking about but he had a slight headache that had him groan. That pulled the two from their conversation.

 

Kyuhyun smile before ruffling his hair making Ryeowook pout at him.

 

“Hey! I’m older than you. You can’t do that to your hyung” he whine but he knew the maknae doesn’t even care. Kyuhyun took a seat beside his hospital bed.

 

“You are Wookie and you perfectly knew that I don’t give a damn about calling my hyungs hyung, right? Now, how are you feeling?”

 

He said and Ryeowook cringed slightly at the curse word Kyuhyun had said. Ryeowook is innocent and he wouldn’t like it if somebody say some cursed words.

 

“I’m fine Kyuhyun. I’m really fine and I feel sick staying at the hospital for too long. Can I go home?”

 

He ask and Kyuhyun sigh.

 

“They are going to test you for a while and after your test, you can go home. But are you sure? You’re not that well Wookie” he said and Ryeowook sigh at him dramatically.

 

“I know I’m weak but I can really take care of myself”

 

He said in a whining tone that had Kyuhyun smile. Ryeowook pout even more. He knew he was weak. In fact, he was weak since he was a child. He kept getting sick and often stayed in the hospital since he was 12 years old. He knew there was something wrong with him but he doesn’t care.

 

“Good job for being high spirit Ryeowook but you still need to run a few test to know what is going on within you, okay” Kyuhyun said as softly as he could to Ryeowook who bit his lips.

 

“It would be just for a while, right?”

 

He ask and a relieved smile came to his face when Kyuhyun nod.

 

“Okay then. Just as long as I can go home soon after that”

 

Kyuhyun sigh as he turn to Donghae who had the same look as his. Both of them are scared for their little friend here yet they couldn’t do anything.

 

They could just hope for the best.