One

Winter Memory

 

Ryeowook chuckle as he saw a few kids running around with a puppy chasing them in the park. It was such a cute sight. When they were gone from his sight, he then continued to follow the pathway he had saw. Even if he doesn’t know where it would lead him to, he still follow it because he was a curious child like that.

 

He sneeze and pull the jacket he had drape on his shoulder closer. He curse himself inside his head for wearing the hospital gown which was too thin and a pair of thin jeans with the winter jacket he had.

 

He was totally going to go ill once more.

 

He doesn’t even know why he was here. Maybe it was because he felt bored sitting in the hospital room alone or because he just wanted to take some fresh air.

 

Or maybe it was because of those two reason.

 

But right now, all he knew he wants is just to go and have a walk. Nothing can stop him. Not the cold winter breeze or the fact that he would get another cold or his Donghae-hyung.

 

Just then, his I-phone buzz a soft buzz and he chuckle before fishing out.

 

‘Talking about the fish devil’

 

He thought when he saw who was calling him. It was none other than Lee Donghae, his best friend. Ryeowook scoff before he pull the green line which was also the answer button. He put the phone nearer to his left ear and he cough softly.

 

“Hello?”

 

(KIM RYEOWOOK!!)

 

Ryeowook wince as he pull the phone away from his ear slightly when he heard the shouts that was coming from the phone. Seriously? He thought. Can’t the fish get quieter?

 

“Hyung, please stop shouting. I’m not deaf”

 

Ryeowook said when Donghae had stop with his shouting. Ryeowook chuckle as he pictured Donghae pouting on the other side. Even he can’t see the other right now but he could imagine that right now.

 

(Where are you? Why aren’t you on your bed? Do you know how much I freak out when I saw your bed empty? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?)

 

Donghae said and Ryeowook frown, trying to process what Donghae had said. The older was talking so fast that he himself couldn’t understand part of it.

 

“Can you please slow down hyung? I can’t understand you”

 

Ryeowook said out and a loud sigh could be heard. Probably from Donghae.

 

(Where are you Ryeowook?)

 

Ryeowook smile as he kick a pebble he saw on the pathway.

 

“I’m just out getting a fresh air hyung”

 

He answer and look around. It was a beautiful sight to see. The place was covered with snows that it looks like a blanket.

 

(Ryeowook! Why didn’t you tell me about it? You made me worry sick. You do know that your health is not good right now)

 

Ryeowook hum a ‘hmm’ to what Donghae said. He wasn’t giving any attention to it anyways. Just as he turn, he saw something that caught his eyes and he raise an eyebrow.

 

‘Is that a girl crying?’

 

He thought to himself when he saw someone sitting on a bench with her or his hands covering the face and the shoulders shaking slightly. Ryeowook couldn’t help but wonder why the girl he assume was crying.

 

She looks like she was having a hard time and Ryeowook felt pity. Because he was too busy staring at the girl, Ryeowook hadn’t heard what Donghae had said.

 

(Hello? Ryeowook? Are you still there?)

 

Ryeowook breath in sharply.

 

“Hyung. I got to go. See you late okay?”

 

(Wai-)

 

And even before Donghae could protest, Ryeowook end the call and kept the phone in his pocket. He look up to see the girl crying and slowly he make way towards her.

 

When he was nearer to her, Ryeowook could hear her faint sobbing and somehow his heart ache upon hearing that. He stop in his track in front of the girl and stare at her.

 

 “Can I sit here?”

 

He blurt out and he himself was surprise he could say that. Ryeowook wondered what had happen to him. He was usually a shy and quiet guy. He doesn’t approach girls especially beautiful ones and certainly not a stranger he had never met.

 

But there was something about her that had made Ryeowook felt curious about. And he wants to know what had made him feel like this.

 

He had never felt like this before.

 

And before he could do anything, the girl raise her head up and somehow the world around him had stop. It was somehow like time had freeze as he saw her.

 

She was definitely a beauty.