Let It Happen

Life Just Happens

I look over at Ilhoon worriedly; he’s clenching his fists over and over again. “I don’t care about anything they said.” I say from my spot on the couch.

Ilhoon shakes his head angrily. “Yeah, well I care about you. So when people say stupid things that are incorrect and idiotic I have a hard time not snapping at them.” Ilhoon says while pulling his hood over his head more. “Come on, let’s get out of here.” He mutters standing up and grabbing his coffee then holding his hand out to me.

I nod my head mimicking him, taking my coffee and then Ilhoon’s hand I let him lead us out of the little coffee shop Ilhoon and I decided to have our little date at. I’m unsure what to say, I’ve never seen Ilhoon this angry before. “Where are we going now?” I ask curiously trying to lighten the mood.

“The dorm, the guys are out today,” Ilhoon says smoothly. “We can watch a movie.” He mutters still sounding upset.

I nod my head not fighting it, while I don’t particularly care what those guys were saying about me, I am a bit thrilled by Ilhoon’s reaction. He’s being a bit headstrong and rather cool, holding his temper, being protective of me; it’s a different side to the usually goofy Ilhoon. “You’re still angry?” I ask quietly.

Ilhoon takes a deep breath to try and calm himself down. “Yeah, I’m pretty pissed.” Ilhoon says irritably. “I just don’t understand how people can say that you deserve any of what happened! It was your family’s business not just anyone on the streets.” Stopping shortly to toss his cup out, and then mine as I finish.

I smile squeezing Ilhoon’s hand a little tighter. We don’t say anything else until we’re in the dorm. I slide onto the couch watching as Ilhoon slowly takes his shoes off. As he takes a seat next to me, still visibly angry, I reach over and take his face in my hands. I lean over and kiss his cheek gently. “You’re really y when you’re angry like this.” I tell him hoping for a smile.

Ilhoon his lips before looking over at me. “Is that so?” He asks curiously, his anger clearly forgotten and looking rather happy at my observation. “What’s so y about it?”

I chuckle happy for him to let it go. “Well for one you’re really cool with this brooding look, plus I have no doubt you would have said something if I wasn’t there.” I say rubbing Ilhoon’s arm as I let my hands drift down to his hands. “You’re incredibly attractive already, so you know you got this whole striking-chic persona, besides I kind of already think you’re super handsome without the brooding look.”

“Am I?” Ilhoon coos leaning over closer to me. Ilhoon’s lips hover over my own. “You’re really cute when I get to tease you like this.” He mumbles, his lips brushing against mine as he talks. “Dayoung you’re very beautiful as well and rather y when you aren’t paying attention to me.”

Ilhoon continues to tease me like this, whispering things while leaning against me. “Ilhoon,” I whine as he’s refused to kiss me, his lips hovering just over mine, and moving away when I try to initiate. “Please,” I mumble feeling a whole lot of want starting to get bottled up.

“Not here,” He mutters getting up and effectively leaving me pouting on the couch. “The front door is right there, I don’t want anyone seeing you like this but me.” He says greedily. Holding his hand out to me I take it and let him lead me to the bedroom. Closing the door behind us he smiles at me.

Leaning down to me he finally kisses me; I let his hand go and run my hands up his chest, wrapping my arm around so my hand is resting on his shoulder and my other hand runs through his hair. Ilhoon wraps one of his arms around my waist tugging me so I’m pressed against him; the other is running along my side. Ilhoon’s lips leave mine momentarily to kiss my jawline and trailing down my neck to my shoulder. As his lips brush against my collar bone I let out a moan, the sound surprises me and Ilhoon.

“That was a rather alluring noise,” He teases me, his hot breath fanning against my collarbone, I shiver in his grasp, I try to get a hold of myself, but Ilhoon returns to the same spot causing me to let out another moan. “I definitely like that sound. “ He mutters coming back to my lips kissing my roughly.

This time I leave his lips and run kisses down his neckline, nibbling slightly as I go, Ilhoon lets out a groan as I roll my hips slightly and continue to alternate between kissing his neck and lightly biting it. “You’re right, that’s a nice sound.” I mutter teasingly.

We both freeze when we hear the door open. “Oh, Dayoungie you’re here too?” I hear Eunkwang call after the door shuts. “Dayoung, Ilhoon?” He calls again.

I look to Ilhoon biting my lips, disappointed by the interruption. “I’ll go out and talk to them; you should probably do something about that.” I mutter teasingly again as I roll my hips for good measure against him. Ilhoon tries to suppress a groan from the quick rub against the bulge in his pants.

“You’re definitely trouble.” Ilhoon mutters against my lips as he kisses me again. “Distract them for me.” He mutters leaning down and pressing his lips against my shoulder.

I nod my head relishing in the lingering feeling of his lips against me. I leave the room first pushing my hair back as I go. “Hey guys, what’s up?” I ask curiously while taking a seat next to Peniel on the couch.

“We just finished shopping,” Minhyuk says from his spot on the ground. “Where’s Ilhoon?”

I nod towards the bathroom. “We were just about to start a movie,” I say casually as Sungjae takes to poking my leg.

“What happened to the coffee date?” Hyunsik asks curiously as he and Changsub come out from the kitchen, with Eunkwang trailing behind. “I thought you guys were going to go out and enjoy the day.”

I nod my head and let out a sigh. “That was before some guys started talking about me; Ilhoon could barely hold his temper. We ended up coming here.” I explain as I poke Sungjae back after a particularly hard poke.

“Noona that hurt,” He says pouting childishly. “Is that Ilhoon’s shirt?” He asks while frowning to the shirt I currently have on.

“Yeah, he got tired of me wearing Junhyung’s shirts, something about him being afraid to even hold my hand.” I say while rolling my eyes. “He's bought my shirts before, but I do like that he gave me one of his personal shirts.” I say while straightening said shirt out. Though I suppose I can understand his hesitation about touching me in Junhyung's shirts, after all I still about feeling Junhyung up occasionally.

“That’s his favorite black shirt.” Peniel says while reaching around to poke Sungjae.

Ilhoon comes out and smirks at me. “It’s definitely my favorite shirt on Dayoungie.” He says walking over and pushing Sungjae over to sit next to me. “Did you pick a movie out?”

“Nope, I got distracted.” I tell him while leaning my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arm around me. I quickly notice how Ilhoon’s touch gives me a slight shiver, rather pleasing but at the same time bothersome in a good kind of way.

“I was about to make lunch, do you want to help Dayoung?” Minhyuk asks curiously. Ilhoon lets out a laugh and shakes his head. “That’s rude Ilhoon.”

“No, it’s actually rather accurate. I can’t cook.” I tell them seriously. “All I know how to make is the lunches I make for Beast.” I tell them while shrugging my shoulders. “But those are tiring to make.”

“You told me you could only make ramyun.” Ilhoon says in a pouty voice. “Make me the special lunch.”

I roll my eyes and get up, no use in hearing him whine about it endlessly. “Aigo, Dayoung loves me.” We both freeze. I glance back at him speechless. While it has been a while since we started dating neither of us has ever raised this topic. In fact this is the first time anyone of us has used the word in this kind of context.

“They suddenly got super awkward.” Eunkwang says amusedly.

I head to the kitchen blushing as I go. “Out,” I say to him as he tries to follow me. “I swear to god, you won’t be able to ever speak again if you bring up what just happened.” I say seriously to him.

“I’m just going to go take Ilhoon to buy some other stuff, we need some more food,” Eunkwang says tugging Minhyuk up with him. “We’ll be back.”

I cover my face completely embarrassed by what had just happened. I’m not quite sure how strong my feelings are. Shouldn’t I know how I feel? I mean it should be straight forward, right? We've been dating for two years now. Well I do love him, I just haven't said it. I should, but he hasn't either. What if I've been talking in my sleep and he just hasn't said anything because he doesn't love me?!

“Are you okay?” Hyunsik asks gently, I shake my head fighting off my panic. I peek out and look at him nervously, “Ilhoon has wanted to talk about it, and he asked how to bring it up a few weeks ago. So we assumed you guys talked about it already.” He puase a moment before going on.  “To be honest, we thought you guys said it ages ago.” 

I shake my head while biting my lip. “We haven’t exactly gotten to that.” I mutter while closing my eyes again and then opening them. “I’m just going to get started on this lunch for him.” I turn around and focus on making grilling the beef.

By the time I’m about half way done the other three are back and putting various items up. Ilhoon avoiding me, I glance at him as Minhyuk nudges him. “Ilhoon can you get plates down for us? Hyunsik said that Minhyuk would make lunch for everyone else.” I ask him nervously as we’re left alone.

“Sure,” He mutters nervously. “I didn’t mean to say what I said earlier, it just fell out.” Ilhoon mutters apologetically.

I shake my head heading back to cooking the beef and veggies. “No, I think it’s good that it came up, maybe not quite how it did,” I say nervously, “But good nonetheless.”

“Okay, so then since it’s came up,” Ilhoon says walking over and watching me seriously. “I love you.” I feel an intense and addictive feeling run through me at his words, they way he’d said it so firmly, stating it with no guessing if he was being serious or not.

I smile feeling rather relieved, “I love you too.” I mutter getting up on my tippy toes, kissing Ilhoon happily. “So what advice did the guys give you?” I ask curiously. “Hyunsik mentioned something about you asking how to bring it up.” I explain smiling coyly. Their advice doesn't usually pan out.

Ilhoon frowns to this. “None of it was particularly helpful; you didn’t react to any of it.” Ilhoon says while cupping my face. “I kept asking about the things you loved, songs, reasons why you loved them.”

I bite my lip and nod my head. “I thought you were trying to figure out what to get me as a gift or something.”

“Hence my favorite shirt,” Ilhoon mumbles happily, taking the fabric between his fingers. “I really do like you in this shirt.”

“And the guys are right in the other room.” I mumble to him while biting my lip. Ilhoon lets out an annoyed sigh. “I’m fairly certain we’ll never get a moment alone.” I mutter jokingly, leaning up again to peck his lips.

“Hey, this is a kitchen and a dorm not a love hotel.” Eunkwang says rather hastily. “You guys can’t be like this here.” He says worriedly.

Ilhoon pulls away and rolls his eyes. “Maybe we should have gone to your dorm, the girls would have left us alone.” He mutters before pecking my lips again. “Do you need any help?” We ignore a now very flustered and worried leader as he walks around spouting random words and not making complete sentences.

“No, I’ll be fine.” I say smirking at him, rather enjoying his walk out of the kitchen. “Oppa, we were fully aware of you guys in the other room.” I say to Eunkwang while smirking and teasingly pretending to calm him down.

He doesn’t say anything as Minhyuk comes in and starts making lunch for the others. “I suppose it’s good you guys got to talk then?” He says smirking at me, kicking Eunkwang out in the process.

“I think so,” I say happily. “Do you want any help?” I ask curiously as he opens several packages of vegetables as I take the beef off and cutting it. “I can do prep rather well.” I offer.

“That’d be really great, the guys all steal food when they ‘offer’ to help.” Minhyuk says with an eye roll. “How have you been lately? You’ve been kind of busy running around featuring and writing songs lately.” Minhyuk asks as I finish Ilhoon’s lunch. “I know they just ran a story about everything that happened...” He says leading off. It's been nearl two years since the scandal with my biological parents, it's been kind of tough, but not unlivable.

I let out a sigh. “Right after I needed to be busy, being idle wasn’t very good.” I say quietly. “But Ian and Sooyoung took me to the memorial they hold at Yonsei two weeks ago, it was really good to see so many people that remembered my dad, talking to them and finding out little things I’d never gotten the chance to know.” I say happily. “I'm really happy I got the chance to go agian.”

“It must have been really nice, are you still looking at going to Yonsei?” He asks curiously.

I shake my head feeling a lot better than I had a few years ago about all this. “I don’t have to now, before it was sort of so I could be closer to them. I want to go to school for music now, Junhyung is pretty supportive of this, and my parents.” I say while rolling my eyes.

Minhyuk chuckles as I start chopping the food. “I’m happy for you Dayoung. You seem a lot more at ease.” He says while chopping some carrots. “Though it is pretty amusing to see you and Melody giving your brother so much trouble.”

“Hey, I’ll have you know I can give him more trouble all on my own, but at least this way Melody takes some of the heat too.” I say smirking. “Ilhoon lunch is ready!” I call remembering the food I’ve made already.

Ilhoon comes in with the other trailing behind curiously. “Oh it looks good,” Ilhoon murmurs happily, trying the meat with the sauce that Beast likes so much. “This is the best,” He says grinning, walking over to hug me from behind. “Thank you Dayoungie.”

“I’m glad you like Ilhoonie.” I say back giggling slightly as I continue to chop whatever Minhyuk passes me. “I’ll be at the table in a second if you’ll take our plates.” I say nodding over to them as I continue to help prep as Minhyuk starts making lunch.

Ilhoon simply kisses my temple as he carefully removes his arms from around my waist. “Yah, hands off. That’s mine.” Ilhoon barks to the guys.

I glance at Ilhoon as he passes by, I’m reminded of how he calmed me down after meeting my parents, when the stress caught up with me, he refused to leave me alone until he was positive I’d be alright or if one of the other girls was with me. After getting a nudge from Minhyuk, I clean my hands and take a seat next to Ilhoon. “Hey,” I mumble smiling at him happily.

“Hey there beautiful,” Ilhoon teases. “This is seriously the best.” He says as I start eating.

I chuckle eating the one meal I know how to cook. “I’m glad you like it.” I glance over at the boy sitting next to me and find Ilhoon staring at me with a rather dreamy looking smile on his face. “See something you like?”

“No, I see someone I love.” Ilhoon says easily and rather happily, maybe it's a bit cheesy, but it's Ilhoon. “Sunbae is going to notice right away,” He says carelessly.

I nod my head agreeing, especially if Ilhoon has this dopy looking face every time he speaks to me. “I think Oppa might actually attack you this time.” I say jokingly. Ilhoon simply shrugs his shoulders uncaringly. “We should go out for dinner again soon.” I say smiling.

“We should, that was a lot of fun yesterday.” Ilhoon agrees. “That’s the first place you took me when we started hanging out.”

It was before everything really changed. Back when Ilhoon and I were just goofing off, before the feelings, and mess of life got super complicated, but I feel happier knowing that I worked through a lot of that mess with not just Ilhoon or Junhyung, but the girls, Julia and Melody, Cheonmi, Ian, Beast and the rest of BtoB. Johanna is right, the phrase her mother told her: Life just happens.


 

And the end~!
Though with this last chapter I pretty much fell in love with Ilhoon all over again.
I hope you guys have enjoyed this as much as I have writing this.
Even if sometimes I was strangling my thoughts.
Also, just to state this. I can't cook, so those details tend to not really
exsist. c:
c: