Stay with me

A Friendship that Never Breaks

Jonghyun's father: Huh? Son, what is this... ?

Jonghyun didn't say anything. He hung his head.

F: Well? What made you become the 73rd position in school?

His voice... quite calm... should I just tell him...

J: I'm not sure appa... I've been very stressed lately... I can't concentrate...

F: How did Jinki do?

J: He... got 2nd in the school...

F: Hmph. I knew it.

J: Knew what?

F: That Jinki is no good. He tried to get your marks down by making you busy right?

J: No no no! Appa! Jinki's not like that!

F: I'm your father! Listen to me! Don't hang out with Jinki anymore, you understand?! He's a hypocrite.

J: No! Appa, It's not Jinki's fault! 

His voice was shaking with anger. How could he have said Jinki's a hypocrite?! 

J: It's because I have been busy! I've been going for auditions... 

He froze there, with his mouth hanging open.

F: What? What auditions?

J: Umm, I've been auditioning for...*gulp* singing...

F: Say that again.

J: Huh?

F: I didn't heard it properly, say it again. And do continue.

Jonghyun felt very uneasy. He decided again whether to say it or not. But in the end...

J: I've been accepted by KJE... 

His father's hand landed on Jonghyun's face. He was slapped by his father. Jonghyun fell to the ground and held his cheek in pain. Tears started rolling from his eyes.

F:Get out of my house! NOW!!

 

Jonghyun started pleading his strict father.

J: Please...! Appa! Please forgive me!

F: I said GET OUT! What is this? YOU? WANTING TO BE A SINGER??

Jonghyun's heart was banging against his ribs. He had never seen his father getting so angry, or rather mad before. His mother quickly came out the kitchen and tried to plead his father.

Jonghyun's mother: Dear, please! He is a big boy now! He can decide his own path...!!!

F: NO! He is no son of mine! He promised to became a doctor!! 

Jonghyun couldn't take it anymore and shouted at his father unknowingly: NO! It's NOT my dream to be a doctor! It's YOURS and Jinki Hyung's dream! NOT MINE!

And Jonghyun stood wide eyed there, unable to believe himself that he shouted at his father. Never his his 15 years of life had he talked back to his father. Jonghyun's sister, SoDam, who was an medical student, came down upon hearing all his father's shouts, mother's pleads and Jonghyun's loud sobs.

Sodam: That's ENOUGH! Appa! Jonghyun is a big boy now!

F: You? Fine! Both of you all out of my sight! Jonghyun, get out from this house!

M: No dear, please!

F: What? You said he's a big boy now? Pssh! He can live by himself now! RIGHT??

M: No...No! I don't mean...NO! Omo! Dear! Yeobo! Omo! Jonghyun! Sodam! HELP your appa!

Jonghyun's father held his head and collapsed on the floor. Sodam rushed towards his father while Jonghyun just stood there. Tears were still rolling out of his eyes. He clutched his fist. He hated his appa! He couldn't care less what happened to him.

F: Get ... him... out...!

Jonghyun couldn't take it anymore.

J: Yeah. You know what? Umma, Noona, I'm packing my stuff. I am heading out from this... 

M: Jonghyun! NO! Are you insane?! Don't believe your father! Jonghyun! Stay!

S: Yah! Jonghyun! Appa needs help! Call the ambulance!

J: I couldn't care less...

His mother was shocked while his noona pulled him. 

S: JONGHYUN!

J: Let me go!!

He ran upstairs and took out his haversack, opened his wardrobe and packed his bag. He opened all the drawers from his room and put them into the suitcase. He then grabbed his savings and ran down the stairs. Sodam stopped him again and again. Jonghyun wouldn't listen.

If my life is going this way, then I've better be a singer soon, a successful one and show them all!

He opened the main door. His mother stopped him, now crying. Jonghyun hates to see his mother cry.

M: Jonghyun ah... please... don't do this! 

Jonghyun didn't care anymore but his big tears kept flowing.

J: Mianhe... Umma... He kissed her cheek and ran off the doorstep.

M: JONGHYUN AH!! COME BACK!!

It was 7pm and Jonghyun didn't know where to head. He took out his cellphone and dialed Onew's number.

O: Yeoboseyo? Oh Jonghyun ah. What is it?

Jonghyun chocked: H..hyung? Can I come over...?

O: Huh? Jonghyun? Wae? What happen? You sound...

J: Please... Can I come over to your house... ?

O: Uh..Uh huh... Sure...

J: Thanks Hyung...

And he hung up. Jonghyun headed to the bus stop to Onew's house. Onew was worried. What has happen? Don't tell me! His father found out... and he waited for Jonghyun in the living room.

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was several knocks on Onew's door after 45 minutes. One sprang up from his chair and opened the door. He found a puffy-eyed Jonghyun, with three bags standing on the doorway. Once he saw Onew, he fell into his arms and hugged Onew tight.

J: H..hyung... I'm hungry...

O: Orh... Arraso! Let's go in.

Onew gently lead Jonghyun to the sofa. Onew's mother came out with some sandwiches. She sat beside Jonghyun and pat his back. Onew's father was overseas so he's not home.

Onew's mother: Jonghyun? What happened? Did your appa...

He bowed to Onew's mother first then said: Please... Imo... please don't mention him... he have disowned me...

Onew and his mother looked at each other, both expressing pity for Jonghyun.

O'sM: Don't worry... Jonghyun ah, eat these... You're hungry right? Then we'll discuss this matter later.

J: You're...*sob* so much better *sob* than *sob sob* my... own family...

And he started to stuff sandwiches in his mouth. Onew was holding back his tears when Jonghyun started crying. He didn't say another word. It hurts to see his bestfriend suffering. Onew's mother let out a sigh and signalled Onew a handphone sign. She meant to call Jonghyun's home and tell them that he's safe here. Onew nodded. He stared at Jonghyun in pity. Jonghyun was still crying and Onew offered him a tissue. 

J: Thanks... Hyung...

O: No problem...

J: Can I... Can I stay with you...? For the time being *sob*?

O: Sure you can pabo... Stay with me...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

D: Jonghyun... Haha anyway. Do you like it? ^^ Keep up with the updates then!!