Pursuit

Masks and Handcuffs

GD scrolled his mouse endlessly and stared deep into his laptop screen. He frowned and clicked on the different links while biting his lips anxiously. He cocked his head to the side and rubbed his eyes for he had been looking at his laptop for the past two hours without resting. His eyes needed a break from all that but he just could not stop.

 

He started to smirk when he realized his partner had arrived after hearing his mere footsteps outside his office. The moment his partner greeted all of the colleagues outside his office, he barged into GD’s office without even knocking since they were best friends since childhood.

 

“Hey, Ji-“

 

“Yes! I’m all done!” GD punched a fist up high and stood up and stretched his neck and body before exiting the windows on his laptop. He did not even look at his partner once after he barged into the office. He sighed and said, “Would you please remember to knock before you enter?”

 

“What’s the difference anyway?” TOP answered and crossed his arms while raising his eyebrow, not amused, “You’re online shopping, again?”

 

GD nodded and widened his eyes a little after really seeing TOP in front of him for the first time. He shook his head and started smiling to himself, “Got ditched again, huh?”

 

TOP stiffened and questioned, “How do you know?”

 

Pointing at his newly dyed turquoise hair and remembering how TOP painstakingly dyed his hair blonde before his new and absurd colour, GD replied, “You always dye your hair and change your hairstyle every single time you get ditched by your girlfriend. Well, at least you're not having the same hair colour as me, I'm good.”

 

“Damn, am I that obvious? And your hair is a different type of blonde. My hair colour was platinum blonde, for god's sake.” TOP touched his hair and sat down in front of GD, “But the colour’s cool, isn’t it? You should have seen what that woman done to me…”

 

“No thanks, I’ll pass.” GD sat down and intertwined his fingers while leaning on the table.

 

Ignoring GD’s words, TOP continued and slammed the table hard, “She freaking poured red wine all over me and it was a brand new white shirt. I can’t believe that. I took her to an expensive restaurant and she broke up with me after eating. After. Eating. After. I. Paid. For. Her. Meal.” He emphasized on the last few words and heaved a sigh.

 

“I change my mind. That’s a sight I would like to see for myself,” GD was definitely interested and amused by the way his friend or subordinate was ditched. Don’t get TOP wrong. TOP’s a very charismatic and charming guy to be with but sometimes, he could get a little obsessive and weird after going out together for a while. That probably made all his girlfriends scared and not very tolerant of his behavior.

 

“Ha. Ha.” TOP said with a hint of sarcasm, “What’s up with work lately? There’s no assignment for a week. I’m getting bored since I have no dates from now on. I need to vent my frustrations and catch some thieves out there.”

 

“No idea. Yang Hyun Suk himself isn’t giving me any new instructions or assignments to follow up with after that huge robbery case. Seoul is getting safe, huh?” GD sipped his cup of coffee and said.

 

GD and TOP are under the YG Police Force (YPF). GD is the team leader of his group under Mr Yang Hyun Suk who’s the Commander or you should say, Police Chief. TOP’s working under GD who’s also his childhood best friends who had same dreams of becoming policemen and catch the criminals for justice. YPF’s the leading police force in Seoul all thanks to GD and TOP who were great partners-in-action and had never sweat to catch all of the criminals with ease. The two of them were like gemstones in the police force and the recent robbery case had made them even more famous than before.

 

“That could only mean more dates!” TOP gave a sheepish smile to GD.

 

GD rolled his eyes, “Can you think of anything else except dating girls?”

 

“I’m not thinking of myself.” TOP raised his hands in defense.

 

GD paused and stuttered, “You mean…”

 

Suddenly, GD’s phone rang and he looked at the caller ID before almost dropping the phone on the floor, “Holy, why does she have to call now? Do you have some psychic skills or something?”

 

TOP laughed and signaled him to pick up the call. GD reluctantly pressed the button and held the phone cautiously to his ear, “Yes, Mother?”

 

As he listened to the conversation, TOP was trying to hold his laughter while spotting GD frowning and sweating like mad as he talked to his mother. GD could be the best team leader but he was just a mere coward when it came to his mother. GD put down the call after saying goodbye and sighed. TOP waved a finger in front of GD, “Looks like it’s a matchmaking session.”

 

GD was tempted to bite off TOP’s finger but he resisted, “She said it’s at Hongdae at 8pm today.”

 

TOP started laughing again before there was another knock on the door. The door opened after GD’s permission and both of them stood up and greet immediately after seeing who he was, “Good morning, Sir Yang.”

 

Yang Hyun Suk nodded and placed a file on GD’s table where GD immediately held it up to see what it was about while Mr Yang explained, “You got a new assignment. Two of Hongdae’s clubs are being robbed. One happened last week while another happened just yesterday. It seemed to be done by the same criminal, whether it’s a group or individual work. I think they’re going for another club again today. I order you to go down there and have a look right now.”

 

“Yes, Sir.” GD and TOP said together.

 

“Good.” Mr Yang nodded and left the room.

 

GD pursed his lips and read the documents as quick as possible. TOP peeked at it and said, “The clubs which were robbed all belong to Psy.”

 

“Psy?”

 

“Yeah, he’s a very wealthy businessman that opens many clubs and bars at Seoul, Gangnam and Busan. The police had suspected him of dealing with underground business and illegal stuff but never gotten the evidence to nag him. He seemed to be clean on the outside but I’m not really sure.” TOP muttered along the lines.

 

“You seemed well-informed.” GD smirked, “Must be going to clubs quite often, huh?”

 

“Hey, this is basic knowledge for us. You should head out more often instead of blog shopping like a girl.” TOP defended himself again.

 

GD closed the file and put it back on the table, “There’s no time to waste. Let’s go and nab some thieves.”

 

“Great, I can’t wait.”

 

 

 

GD and TOP shared the same car and waited outside one of the clubs most likely to be robbed on that day. GD checked the watch and it showed that it was already 6pm. He growled and cursed under his breath, “Damn, I’m going to be late for the session. My mother is going to kill me for this.”

 

“Mummy’ boy.” TOP teased.

 

“Shh! TOP! Look!” GD’s eyes were fixed on the guy who was surrounded by many guys in suits. He looked calm but his cold sweat was revealing that he was very nervous and frightened about something. The fact that he had so many bodyguards around him was a sign.

 

TOP nodded and said, “That’s Psy. I think this is more than a robbery. If not, why would he hire so many bodyguards just to go into his own territory?”

 

Psy wore his shades carefully and crossed the road to go to his club. GD stayed silent and looked around the entrance of the club. Everything was normal. Using his sixth sense, he got out of his car and looked up at the rooftop. That was it.

 

A sniper.

 

A sniper was hiding on the rooftop and the sniper was aiming at someone – Psy.

 

GD immediately ran towards Psy, almost being hit by an oncoming vehicale and pulled Psy away from his usual position. Without a second, a loud bang was heard and one of Psy’s bodyguards was shot by the sniper. The crowd was shocked and screamed when the bodyguard had fallen death on the floor. The rest of the bodyguards were too late to react and started taking out guns to track where the sniper was from.

 

TOP came out of the car and realized a mysterious person in a trench coat, shades and hat was the only one that behaved too calmly in such a messy situation like this. Without a word, he ran forward to start giving chase to him. Unfortunately the person realized he was being found out and started running as well.

 

After assuring Psy was alright, GD focused his vision on the rooftop. Apparently, the sniper had noticed his plan had fail and left the rooftop angry. GD rushed his way up the staircases of the building and hoping that the sniper would not get away.

 

He took out his gun and remained silent as he reached the rooftop. There was only one staircase in this building and there was no way the sniper was able to get away without crossing paths with GD. He aimed at the position where he saw the sniper but obviously he was not there.

 

GD turned around to find a vast space with potted plants in the middle of the rooftop, very sure that the sniper was hiding somewhere behind the potted plants. Suddenly, he felt footsteps behind him and he turned around to shoot. The sniper was trying to get away using the stairs but failed.

 

The sniper hid behind the pillar as GD came forward, “You can’t run anywhere. Give up.”

 

Smirking, the sniper appeared from the pillar and stepped forward with hands placed behind the head. The sniper was wearing a mask over the mouth area, unable to be recognized. GD was stumped after seeing the sniper up close. He tightened his grip on the gun and gulped.

 

As if it was just an anime character, the sniper had long pink hair with one side shaved. The eyes were glistening and large, as if they did not belong to the eyes of a sniper.

 

 

The sniper’s a female.

 

 

 

“Hey, you! You there!” TOP was chasing the mysterious person down the alley. The person never turned around and TOP was already holding his gun in his hand, “Stop running or I’ll shoot!”

 

The mysterious person stopped in his tracks and that stunned TOP a little. Without thinking, TOP ran towards the person and took the hat off. His eyes widened in disbelief.

 

As the hat dropped on the floor, the person’s hair was let down to almost the waist area, long and flowly. What was most surprising was that the colour was in a shade of bright red that was never seen by any normal person living in Seoul.

 

 

The mysterious person’s also a female.

 

 

A/N:

Hey everyone, I'm back with a new story and for the first time, I'm using the YG family for the characters (been using BEAST and 2PM before). It's a new change and this story is definitely different from what I have written before. I guess I have to challenge myself. Updates will not be regular until my school gets less draining. In the meanwhile, thank you for even showing an interest even though I'm not really good at writing and updating often. Bye.