CHAPTER 7: IS THIS GOODBYE?

Written in the stars

Ohno’s POV

*SIGH*Mou doushio? Everyone will surely be dissapointed.

“Satoshi-nii, breakfast is ready.” Kimiko called out

“Hai” I answered.

When I went out of my room wariness was written all over my face. Who wouldn’t be worried when I just learned from my mother that the girls would soon go back home? Just thinking of how sad they will be makes me uneasy. They don’t know of this as of the moment but I was told that they would be going back in a week. I can’t do anything about it after all they are just here for vacation.

“Onii-chan, daijoubu desu ka? You seem out of it.”

“Eh? Iie nandemonai......I was just thinking about something. It’s nothing to worry about. ” I said with a smile on my face. I guess being an actor helps in situations like this. I just don’t want to be the one to tell Kimiko about it.

 

SAKURAI HOUSEHOLD

Rin’s POV

“Ehhhhh?!?!!?!?!?!? Joudan da yo ne? We can’t just go back now? We still have 3 weeks left here.”

“You need to go. You girls still have to prepare for university.”

“Demo, how about everything that we have here?“ I asked as tears fell from my eyes.

“It’ll be alright they’ll understand. “

I cried and hugged my brother tightly. As I did so, Yuto came into mind. How am I gonna tell him that I’m leaving?”

 

NEWS LOUNGE

Tegoshi’s POV

This is awkward. Right now, Hey! Say! JUMP is here with us for a collaboration in the upcoming show next week.  Why is it awkward? Well, 3 of their members look depressed and this quiet atmosphere just makes everything worse. I can’t blame them though, their girlfriends are leaving and they can’t do a thing about it.

 

THE DAY BEFORE THEIR DEPARTURE..............

KOYAMA’S RAMEN SHOP

Yuko’s POV

The place where we got to know more of each other is where we often have our dates, quite weird isn’t it? But this place really has many memories for me and Daiki. The problem right now is that Daiki really looks down these days. Well, tomorrow is our departure so he looks worse than ever.

“Dai-chan......”

“You’ll come back won’t you?” he asked.

“Chemical engineering would take up 5 years....”

“I’ll wait.”

“Then, don’t worry we’ll see each other again. ”

“Yuko, aieru.”

He hugged me and kissed me on the lips. I hope everything goes as planned.

 

CHINEN HOUSEHOLD

Kimiko’s POV

I wish to stay like this forever. What am I talking about? Currently, Yuri and I are in his room, lying in his bed-DON’T BE GREEN MINDED PEOPLE! I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE IMAGINING. We are here just talking  and  staring at each other while I am in his arms. For the past few days I kept on trying to make Yuri forget about me leaving Japan. I mean, he is so depressed and I just can’t bear seeing him like this. But to no avail I can’t just do so. It just ends in me crying and him comforting me, epic failure right?

“ Ne, Kimiko............” he called out.

“Nande?”

“Where exactly do you live in the Philippines?”

“Eh? Why?”

“Because, if I can’t take it anymore when you are gone I’m going to follow you,  kidnap you, and then we’ll get married and live happily ever after.

“*LAUGHS* Yuri that’s not a good joke. Besides it won’t be called kidnapping if I’m willing, deshou?”

“Then, just stay here.”

“You know I can’t do that. My parents won’t allow it.”

“You haven’t answered my question earlier.”

“Does it really matter? I’ll come back to you after 5 years when I graduate and after my board exams. Can you wait?”

“I’ll wait for you even if its forever. It’s just—“

“Nani?”

“There are lots of guys in your university, deshou?”

I smiled. He is jealous. Kawaii......Its rare to see him like this. I kissed him and replied,” Don’t worry, Yuri is the only one for me.”

 

IN THE BEACH

Rin’s POV

A few hours has passed and it is almost time for me to go. What did we do? Well, we had a date here in the beach. And Yuto is trying to look brave even though he obviously looks down. How can I tell? DUH! My onii-chan is an actor and I’m already used to it.
He held my hand, kissed it lightly and said,” even though we are going to be apart. I promise you that you are the only one for me now and forever. I’ll wait for you.”

“Yuto.......”

Who would have thought that MY eccentric, bug loving, alien language expert, Yuto can speak such sweet and SERIOUS words?

“You must be oxygen, desu ne?

“Eh? I thought you were over that?”

“Just answer me.”

“*SIGH*  Why?”

“Because, I can’t live without you and even though you’re gonna be far away from me. I’ll survive as long as I know that you love me and you’re still mine.”
I went speechless. Of all his pick-up lines this is the most heartwarming. 

I smiled at him and said,” Of course, its YUTOXRIN forever and nothing is going to change that.”

He looked at me and said,“ I know we met for a reason and that is because we belong together.”

“Mou..............stop that you’re being too cheesy....”

“*LAUGHS* Hai .....hai.......But know this, everything I’m saying to you is what I really feel. I will always love you. ”

 


THE DAY OF THE DEPARTURE

HEY! SAY! JUMP LOUNGE

Inoo’s POV

“Oi! Where are you guys going?” Yamada asked.

“To the airport, today is their departure and we want to see them off.” Daiki replied.

“Are you sure you really are going there? Your efforts will be in vain if you do.” I said.

“Hidoi, Inoo-chan. How can you say that? We are going to see them at the airport and—“

“Who are you going to see at the airport?”

 

 

Chinen’s POV

A voice was heard from across the room,” Who are you going to see at the airport?”

“Rin!” Yuto exclaimed.

“Yuko, what are you doing here?” Daiki asked.

“You don’t want me here? I’ll go n-“

“Mou....I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Well, our parents told us that we can just stay since our family is here.” Yuko replied.

“Hontou?” Yuto asked.

“Hai....hontou.” Rin replied.

“Then the university?” Daiki asked.

“ We’re going to Meiji University.”

“That’s why Inoo-chan told us not to go.” I said.

He smile and said,” Maa.......I saw their parents in the university fixing some papers. That’s where I knew that they were staying.”I’m glad for them. Yuto and Dai-chan looked relieved. I looked around the room for my beloved girlfriend and bit by bit my curiosity is killing me, wanting to have her in my arms again. So I asked,

“Where is Kimiko?”

The expressions on Yuko and Rins’ faces changed. They looked worried. It can’t be that Kimiko is going home? After all, her parents are not living here in Japan. Tears started to form in my eyes. Kimiko is really going back and I can’t stop her.

“You see, that was the hard part.” Rin started.

“As you know, Kimiko is Japanese but they are living in the Philippines due to business reasons. And unfortunately her parents wanted her home. So-“ Yuko explained.

“Gomen.....I’m late.” A voice interupted.

That voice.........

“KIMIKO?”

I ran towards her and hugged her tightly inhaling the sweet  strawberry scent of her perfume.

 

Kimiko’s POV

“Yuri......I-.....C-c-can’t......br-breathe!”

“Eh? Gomenasai....”

He released me from his bear hug and asked, “ You’re staying?”

“Hai....Satoshi-nii convinced my parents that they let me stay here.”

“You’re gonna live here and go to Meiji?

“Yeah, but I’m still going to live with Satoshi-nii since my parents don’t want me to live alone.”

“Yokatta!”

He looks really relieved. I can’t say that I’m not since obviously, I too am overjoyed that I get to stay here.

“Minna, Let’s celebrate!” Yabu said.

“Ikou!!” Everyone replied.

One by one each of them quickly got out of the room excited for the celebration about to occur. As I was to exit the room Yuri held my hand and said, “I love you Kimiko.”