Chapter 4: Your diary...

Dear Diary...

‘She’ll never notice a guy like me… ’

That kept bothering her, she wished she read the earlier entries but she just couldn’t bring herself to read more or die from guilt. It was her fault that Gikwang lost his diary, she wasn’t going to invade his privacy now, but still… who was the girl that he said won’t notice him? How can anyone not notice him?

All throughout the day she tried to find the right time to give it to him, but he was always surrounded by his group of friends. It would be embarrassing to give it to him in front of so many people, but she couldn’t find a time when he is alone.

The last bell rang at the end of the day. As always Min Hee was the last to pack her bag away, but this time, she wasn’t alone. Gikwang was there, packing his bag too. There had been so many interruptions today, but now is her chance to return his book.

She held it with both hands as she approached him slowly and cautiously, when he turned to face her, she quickly held it out bowing, “I-I’m sorry! I promise I didn’t read anything!” Well that was an obviously lie but you did close the book as soon as you opened it and saw that sentence… when she felt it lift from her hands she quickly tried to make her get away to avoid seeing his angry face.

“Wait-”

Min Hee froze and turned trembling, “Y-yes..?”

“You forgot to take yours,” he held it out looking the other way.

“Oh- oh… right…” She felt her face was heating up again as she shuffled closer with her arm stretched out and she gently pulled it from his grasp. Turning away again she was about to walk out when-

“Min Hee-”
She stopped again. H-he knows you? No- he must have opened your diary! Right at the first page of her diary was written: ‘This diary belongs to:  ★ Min Hee (> v O) she thought.

Frigidly, she turned her head towards him, he was looking down with his hands in his pockets.

“Um… yes…?”
“Actually… read your diary.”
She knew it. She mentally prepared herself for humiliation, but also… somewhere deep inside, she was hoping for something…

“You know… I…” he scratched the back of his neck; he could feel that he was blushing. Gikwang still persevered though- it was now or never. “I just wanted to say… I… uh…”

Min Hee listened intently and stared hard at him, her eyes not leaving him for a second. Gikwang could tell his tongue was twisting and his mind was going blank. Mentally shaking his head, he slapped himself and told him that he must not keep her waiting. He will just have to say everything he wanted to say.

“Actually… when I first met you, you were so hardworking and smart and cu...cute. Whenever I look at you, you’re always buried in your books. I also remember the time when you helped me out when the teacher asked me a question and you whispered the answer. ” He giggled. “That was such a loud whisper; I think everyone heard it… but thanks for that.”

You just stood there, astounded at what you are hearing, it felt like a dream.

“And uh… I’ve always thought you would never notice someone like me, you always seemed so busy and I didn’t know how to impress you. It’s kind of obvious now but I’ve… liked you for a long time.”

--

Well I hoped you enjoyed that short story! ( > u < )
They finally confessed their feelings in the end~ what happens next..? I'll leave that to your imaginations~ ( - w - )