II

Whispers In The Dark

"Yoochun!"

"Yoochun, please!"

The man willed himself to turn away from the screaming man. Jaejoong wailed and screamed, trying to break free from the hospital workers.

"Yoochun, help me!" the man cried, "Please! I wanna go home!"

The said man bit his lip, watching his hyung fall apart. It did not match at all. Jaejoong used to be an image of perfection; not a single scratch or mark on his pretty face. Now, the Jaejoong that stood before him, the one with tears streaming down his face, the one screaming until his voice broke, was a mere shadow of who he used to be. 

"I'm scared! I'm scared, Yoochun!" the man sobbed, 'Don't let them do this to me! Please!"

But Yoochun didn't attempt to move from his spot by the door. He couldn't. He was afraid he'd break down himself, and he couldn't afford that. His hyung needed him right now, he couldn't be weak. 

"This is what's best, hyung." he responded, voice breaking off slightly at the end.

"No!" Jaejoong screamed, "Let me go! Let me go!"

Yoochun looked at his best friend, pity evident in his eyes. Jaejoong struggled, kicking blindly as he let out an animalistic sound. But the nurses were firm and held the man down. Another nurse hurriedly entered, syringe in hand and walked towards the struggling man. Jaejoong stilled momentarily when he saw the syringe, before struggling anew.

"No! Please, no!" The man choked out, trying to scoot away from the approaching nurse.

The nurse expertly plunged the syringe into the struggling man's arm, at which Jaejoong screamed and tried to claw at the man. 

"You'll pay for this, you ."

Yoochun's blood ran cold when Jaejoong looked up at him for one last time, eyes burning with rage, before his eyes closed. The nurses caught the fallen boy and immediately began tending to him. Yoochun could only sigh, sliding down the wall and on to the floor, with his head in his hands.

"I'm so sorry, hyung."

--

It was a few hours later when Jaejoong opened his eyes. He blinked repeatedly, eyes edjusting to the brightnes of the room. Though he only just woke up, his eyes felt unusually heavy, as if he would fall asleep any moment.  Slowly, he turned to his side and found Yoochun sitting beside him. The man looked dead on his feet; dark rings were under his eyes and he looked like he lost some weight. Instantly, Jaejoong felt guilty. He knew he was the cause of it all. Tears burned his eyes, threatening to spill. Yoochun, after finally having noticed the the elder was awake, immediately sat up straight.

"Hyung."

"Yoo..chun." Jaejoong responded, a tear escaping his eye, and rolling down the side of his face."What...happened?"

"I'm so sorry, hyung." he apologized, "they had to sedate you..."

He need not say more. Jaejoong understood what he meant. He often had these 'episodes', but he would never remember what happened. Everytime he'd try to remember, his head hurt- even to the point where he would sometimes pass out. 

"Did I..?" he asked softly.

"No," Yoochun shook his head, "Nobody was hurt, hyung."

The elder sighed out in relief, "That's good."

There was a brief moment of silence before the elder spoke.

"Yoochun ah."

"Yes, hyung?"

"I'm tired..."

Yoochun frowned and made a move to stand, "I'll leave you to rest, then."

"That's not what I meant," when he was met by silence, he took it as a sign to continue, "I'm tired of living like this- I never know what I might do, who I might hurt. It's all just... so... tiring..."

The male trailed off, and Yoochun couldn't have been more relieved to find the man asleep. It wasn't unusual for Jaejoogn to bring up these topics. But he always disregarded it. Why? He wasn't so sure himself. Maybe it was becasue he couldn't imagine life without his hyung. After all, Jaejoong had always been there for him. It was his turn to return the favor, no matter how selfish he might have seemed. 

But he couldn't deny that he was also slowly losing hope. He missed the old Jaejoong, and wished to have him back.

"If only you were here, Yunho hyung.."

--

hey guys! We're back :) More updates on the way ;) Sorry if this was put on hold for more than a year >~< I lost the inspiration to write. It's actually thanks to KtothePOPyo that I managed to find the inspiration to continue. Thanks so much, gurl! Anyway, she's cowriting this story, so there will be at least 1-2 chapters released per week. So, please look forward to that, guys :)

TwilightDream signing off.