♔ eiaoverload || One-shot Request

「rolling like a buffalo one shot request shop」| Busy - Finishing requests | Hiring Writers |

 

 

《 surprise! 》

 

The doorbell rung and five heads perked up relieved, while one boy stood still, deep in his thought, with a pout showing on his lips. Being the leader of the group, Kris got up and answered the door.

“So why did you call me over for?” Mina asked in a rather irritated tone. It was already quite late at night and she came straight from work.

Kris rubbed the back of his neck as he tried to find the words for explain the pitiful man who had been sitting at his spot without moving for over two hours now. Mina took notice of his uneasiness and looked behind his shoulder, and was greeted by four heads. She lifted an eyebrow up and casually walked in.

“So, what’s the prob—” she stopped in her tracks when she noticed a boy sulking. “Let me guess, Tao still hadn’t planned anything for Theia’s birthday?”

“How did you know that?” Luhan asked.

“It’s like that every year, isn’t it?” she tsked and turned her attention to the younger male, “Huang Zitao” Tao finally turned his head to Mina and a smirk showed on her lips. “How about…”


 

 

“Theiaaaaaaa!” a loud and squeaky voice shouted. Theia grunted, knowing exactly who that voice belonged to. “Theia, Theia, Theia. Wake up, wake up, wake up.” Mina repeated as she shook her housemate.

“Alright, alright! I’m awake now!” Theia frowned as she sat up with her eyes half opened.

“Change quickly, I’ve got a surprise for you, birthday girl!” Mina chanted.

Theia grimaced at her best friend, Mina obviously knew that she hates surprises. But still, she went to wash herself up.

Once she was done preparing herself, Theia opened the curtains of her windows, to be surprised with four baby pink balloons that flew up one after the other. Theia recognized writings on them, “生日快樂” (happy birthday).  She smiled and slightly shook her head, “Mina never stops surprising me,” she chuckled as she headed out of her room.

Another surprise waited for her in the kitchen. When she arrived there, two males were waiting. One with an apron on and the other seemed to be from a fashion runway.

“Kris ge! Chen ge!” she called out the two boys.

They both turned around and Chen quickly walked up to Theia with a plate in his hand.

“Voila your breakfast, birthday girl,” he sweetly smiled, handing her the plate. Theia stared at the food as a smile crept on her face, peach pancake was her favorite. When she was about to take a first bite, Kris interrupted her.

“Finish that up quickly, we’re going shopping today.”

Theia lifted an eyebrow up, “Go buy your BB Cream alone,” she snickered.

Kris played along, “Well then, I guess I’m going to TimeOut with Chen only”

The female latter immediately stopped eating and turned her head to Kris. “I’m going!” TimeOut was her all-time favorite gelato shop. Kris smirked, of course she’d never refuse.


 

 

While Kris and Chen were looking at clothes, Theia sat outside on a bench waiting for the two males as she felt her legs a bit sore. She took her cell phone out to check her messages. *Mama, jiejie, Luhan ge, Lay ge, Huayang, ….* Her eyes scanned thru the contacts who messaged her a happy birthday. She sighed, why hadn’t Tao called her yet?

“Theia!” Kris called.

She turned her head around, looking back at the male who called her.

“Come here,” he smiled. Theia got up from her place and went to see what the older man found. “What do you think about this dress?”

It was a simple peach colored dress. “It’s pretty,” Theia stared at it, knowing that she definitely wanted this one. Knowing her, Kris smiled, “Try it out.”

Without any hesitation she took the dress and headed toward the dressing room.

Chen smiled at Theia as she came out. “Let’s go~”

Confused, she looked him, “Where’s Kris ge?”

“Oh, he had an emergency so he left..” Chen casually made up an excuse.

Theia nodded, but soon her brows furrowed, “He didn’t wanted to pay for my ice cream, didn’t he?”

“I’ll pay for it,” Chen smiled as he ruffled her hair. Instead of pouting like she usually does when people touch her head, she beamed. At least someone was getting her gelato.

They were about to head out until Theia stopped in her tracks, “Wait! We haven’t paid for the dress yet!” She was about to turn around, but Chen stopped her, “Kris ge paid for it before he left” Chen casually spit out another lie.

As they left, a figure straightened up from the rack he had been hidden behind. He let out a sigh of relief, now’s time to prepare her present, he smiled to himself.


 

 

An hour later, Chen brought Theia back to her apartment. Being clueless of what was waiting for her at home, she took out her key and opened the door.

“One.”

“Two.”

“Three.” She heard whispers. She walked in her apartment, suspiciously. Although Chen was by her side, she was getting scared. What if someone was barging in her place?

“SURPRISE!” Theia startled, as confetti was thrown in the air. She saw her group of friends walking toward her with Lay holding her cake. They were all singing in harmony. Everything was great, she dislikes surprised, but she couldn’t help but smile. However, something was missing.


 

 

As they were now eating the cake, Theia walked up to Mina as asked, “Where’s Tao?”

Being  the oh-so-subtle man he was, Xiumin started to giggle. The crew was glaring at him, as he shut himself up, while Theia looked confused.

 “He couldn’t be here today, so he left a present” Luhan answered, wiggling his eyebrows.

At that moment, Xiumin and Kris left the room.

 “A BIG present,” Lay emphasised the word ‘big’.

She saw the two older males pulling a huge box. Her eyes widened as she saw the size. They set up the present in the middle of the room.

“Here’s your present, birthday girl” Luhan cheekily poked her side.

As if it was on cue, the box made slight shuffle noises. Theia eyed it suspiciously. “You guys are sure that this thing is secure?”

“100%” Mina grinned.

Theia slowly walked toward it, while the rest backed away a little. A few were trying to suppress their laughter. She pulled the orange colored ribbon, slightly shutting her eyes.

“BOO!” Tao pushed the cardboard open, surprising Theia who jumped a little.

As she recognized the voice, she quickly opened her eyes and glared at the man in front of her.

“Tao!” she shouted with a frown on her face, while the seven were laughing at her expression. Soon she softens, and laughed along.

“So how do you like my gifts?”

At that moment, it flashed. From this morning until now, it was Tao who prepared everything. The balloons, the pancake, the outing, the dress. Why couldn’t she have noticed the hints? Tao meant peach.

Theia playfully glared at the boyfriend, “Baichi.” She gave him a small peck on his cheek, “but thank you.” 

 

 

        AngelicWhisper         

 

❝ Owner's Note

 ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ 
 

Sorry that it took so long! ;;