♔TVXQcassie123 || One-Shot Request

「rolling like a buffalo one shot request shop」| Busy - Finishing requests | Hiring Writers |

 

Gripping even tighter on the steering wheel, Hangeng bit his bottom lip as the scene replayed in his mind for the hundredth time.

“Hurry! The patient is in a critical state right now! We cannot afford to lose any more time than this!” The surgeon’s orders resonated down the corridor, in a haunting melody that left Hangeng’s mind spinning, confused. Absolutely dumbstruck. His knees gave in from the shock, hitting the floor with a loud thud. He prayed that she would have a successful operation.

“This is all my fault… why wasn’t I there for her. Why did let her go alone… Why…why…” he whispered in agony, “why did I never realise how much she meant to me… why did I not-“

“Sir, are you by any chance related to the girl who was just sent into the emergency room?” A nurse asked anxiously after seeing his face drained of all colour.

“Uh... no… I’m just her friend…”

“Well if you are waiting for news, please wait outside the emergency room. Thank you.” She bowed and hurried towards the lift.

Snapping out of it, he realised he had already arrived at the hospital’s parking lot. Hurriedly, he grabbed the small wrapped parcel and the miniature cake he had picked up from the cake shop that morning and headed towards the hospital’s entrance. As he was walking down the hallway, he heard a doctor talking on a phone and stopped to listen.

“I don’t think she’s going to make it… Yes the one in her twenties with brown hair.”

Hangeng tensed and scrunched up his eyebrows, hurrying towards Sooyoung’s room. He panicked as he found the door locked and attempted to get a glimpse of what was inside through the blinds. His eyes widened when he saw that there was no one in that room. The possibility that the doctor had been talking about Sooyoung finally dawned on him. No… this can’t be happening… He left the parcel and cake in front of the locked door and hastily made a run for the front desk.

“Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung. What happened to her?” he breathlessly demanded.

“We must protect the privacy of our patients. Please state your relationship to her.”

“I’m… her friend.”

“I’m sorry sir, but if you have no proof we cannot tell you anything.”

Hangeng thanked the lady anyways and dashed back up to the room, sitting against the wall in a seemingly hopeless wait.

Watching the seconds pass on his watch, the thought that Sooyoung really wouldn’t make it soon turned into tears as the tears he had been holding in finally couldn’t hold on anymore and slid down his cheek. Just as he was about to give up on waiting, he heard a voice to his right.

“Hangeng?”

He snapped his head towards the voice to find Sooyoung hopping towards him on her crutches.

“Why are you crying... and what are you doing sitting there?” Sooyoung laughed as he stared at her, stunned and speechless.

“Hello?” Sooyoung waved her hand around in front of his face. “Earth to Hange-“ she clutched her head as a wave nausea took over her. The last thing she saw before she out was Hangeng reaching out to catch her.  Lying her down against the wall, Hangeng frantically went to get the nearest doctor. 

---

 “It seems she’s okay now… But we can’t be too sure. It seems the internal damage she suffered didn’t heal completely. If she wakes up please notify us and if anything out of the ordinary happens, please inform us immediately.”

Hangeng nodded in understanding and held Sooyoung’s hand.

“You idiot.” He joked as his voice cracked and fresh tears formed and splattered on her hand. “Don’t you know it’s your birthday today? You’re meant to be careful . Let me sing for you…

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday day to you…“ his voice cracked profusely but he ignored it and kept singing as the amount of tears streaming down his face increased.

“Happy birthday to my beloved Sooyoung…” he paused has Sooyoung’s face scrunched up in her unpeaceful sleep.

“Happy…birthday to..you…” he whispered the last few words as Sooyoung’s eyes slowly opened.

“Who… are you…” She hoarsely whispered.

Hangeng was dumbstruck as the doctor came rushing in.

“We’ll take her for a check-up right now.  Please wait here.”

Hangeng nodded dumbly as her words resonated in his mind. Taking out his phone, he called the gang to meet up. Getting okays from all of them, he clasped his sweaty hands together to wait for news from the doctor.

---

“She lost her memory.” Hangeng calmly said to the 4 facing him. “But otherwise, there’s nothing wrong anymore.”

The other cheered, waving their arms around and making a loud ruckus on the side of the pathway.

“But. You guys are so dead for leaving me alone on her birthday. You should have at least told me you four couldn’t make it.”

“We’re really sorry about that… So we’ll make it up in any way for her to remember… you…” Henry muttered.

---

“Do you remember this? We came here to eat every day for two weeks." Sooyoung shook her head.

“How about there?” They pointed towards the river outside. Sooyoung shook her head again.

They all scrunched up their faces in frustration. They’d visited over 5 places and nothing was working.

“This is our last resort. If this doesn’t work, then I don’t know what will.” Amber sighed. Running off towards a park, they all followed her. Stopping under a funny shaped tunnel, they all turned to Sooyoung.

“How about this?”

Something clicked in Sooyoung’s mind and she took a step towards Hangeng with a smile on her face. “Did I used to know you?”

Yes. I’ve loved you for so long and I always will. Whether your memory comes back or stays lost in the past forever, my heart is yours to keep.

 

 

❝ Author's Note
 ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

Sorry. Idk wtf happened. I'll will redo it if you want. 

Thank you for requesting and sorry for taking so long. 

         ilayunicorns