Chapter 3

Just Classmates

 

The next morning went by slow. Kyungsoo barely slept the night before at the thought that he was going to eat lunch with Jongin. With his mind wired all night, he awoke to a rather dull looking face. Dark circles sunk under his eyes and he had a few zits on his face. Kyungsoo let out a defeated groan, frustrated that the one day he wanted to look nice he had damn zits and dark circles on his face. Kyungsoo curiously searched the medicine cabinets. Band-Aids, junk, junk, junk, junk, nope. Nothing. He hastily opened the drawers and scrambled through all the useless junk. Nothing.

He stopped and stood silently, analyzing where it might’ve been kept.

Of course, why am I so stupid.

He ran out of the bathroom and into his mom’s bedroom where her dresser was. The corners of his mouth pulled up as he reached for a small grey tube.

BB Cream.

There’s nothing quite like BB Cream. Some would even say it’s a miracle worker; covering up dark spots and pimples, whitening effect, anti-wrinkle protection, blah blah blah. Honestly, Kyungsoo didn’t care about any of that crap. He just wanted to make himself look presentable. He rushed back to the bathroom, hoping his mother wouldn’t catch him apply her BB Cream. He pumped a pea sized portion of the cream onto his finger tips and rubbed it in his hands before applying it to his face. The cream was smooth, thick, and just the perfect thing he needed to make himself look fresh. After a few minutes, his face looked flawless. No one would even know he had any zits unless he pointed it out.

He took a bit more time on his hair today. He styled it meticulously and took careful note on where each strand was placed. He took one final glance over at his skin and hair and thought, I could even pass for a Hallyu star. He felt confident. He felt as though his awkwardness wouldn’t show through his skin so much today. At least he hoped it wouldn’t.

Just like every other day, Kyungsoo was running late again. He was ten minutes late to class that morning and was stuck sitting behind Chanyeol again. The kid was a giant and it kind of pissed off Kyungsoo. Not because he was tall, but it was because he couldn’t see and could barely hear the professor. Most of the time during class, he would watch Chanyeol and Baekhyun flirt and play with each other. Throughout class they would pass notes, giggle, hold hands under the desk, and Chanyeol even managed to sneak a kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. It was sweet but inappropriate at the same time. How do they even learn anything in this class? Baekhyun leaned over to Chayeol’s ear and whispered loving words into his ear, at least that’s what Kyungsoo assumed. Chanyeol became a little shy and his ears turned bright red. Adding a giggle, Chanyeol reached over to the back of Baekhyun’s neck and gently gave it a little squeeze of reassurance. They would go front being cute and innocent to total idiots in a matter of seconds. They would even have flicking wars too and had a contest to see who could flick the hardest and inflict the most pain. And whoever lost had to endure the most painful ttakbam (of course when the professor wasn’t looking.)

Baekhyun had lost the contest and positioned his body towards Chanyeol’s.

“You ready?” Chanyeol whispered. His eyes kept glancing at the professor who had his back turned momentarily to write another problem up on the board.

“Just do it you idiot. Don’t make it hurt though.” Baekhyun replied.

“Here I’ll do it on your fringe so it won’t hurt as badly. Okay, on the count of three. One.” And without warning, Chanyeol pulled his finger back and let it snap against Baekhyun’s forehead. The smack Kyungsoo heard was loud and painful sounding.

“Yah! You didn’t have to do it so hard! Is there a red mark on my forehead?” Baekhyun tried to say quietly as he lifted his hair off his face.

Yes, Kyungsoo replied in his head.

“Nah you’re good.” Chanyeol replied as he ran his fingers through the other boy’s hair.

“Okay good.” Baekhyun sighed with relief.

Kyungsoo giggled to himself as he tried to hide his smile.

“Can you guys please stop?” a voice asked the two boys in front of Kyungsoo. Both of them turned around and glared at the girl behind them. It was the same girl who Kyungsoo sat next to yesterday. Today, she looked mean. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun and wore an oversized sweatshirt. Her expression was tense and anyone could tell she was pissed off.

“I’m trying to learn this and all I see are you two screwing around with each other.”

“Sorry princess we’ll stop.” Chanyeol said with a grin and turned back around.

Two minutes later they were giving each other Indian burns.

“Okay class, it’s time to get into groups. Groups need to consist of three to four people. I wrote the info on the board for this assignment so make sure you do them all and turn it in to me by the end of class.” The professor called out in a louder voice.

The girl next to Kyungsoo left without saying a word and made her way to a group of girls that looked like she kind of knew. He left was unaccompanied. Again. He was about to raise his hand to ask if he could work alone until Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned around to face him.

“Hey- wasn’t that girl sitting next to you?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah she got up and left to go sit with her friends.” Kyungsoo remarked.

“Oh well you can work with us. Baekhyun is the smart one so we can make him do all the work.” Chanyeol proposed. Baekhyun smacked him on the arm before both of the boys turned their chairs around and situated themselves on Kyungsoo’s desk.

“So what’s your name?” Baekhyun asked. It was the first time that Kyungsoo had gotten a good look at both their faces up close. The taller boy, Chanyeol, looked younger than his age. His wide eyes and baby face made him look as though he was still in high school. Kyungsoo was always a bit surprised every time he spoke however, and didn’t expect his voice to be so deep. Baekhyun was somewhat on the opposite spectrum when it came to basing their age off of their looks. His face was slimmer but still had that youthful glow about him. Their faces were milky white and were free from impurities, unlike Kyungsoo’s who had awoken to pimples and whatnot. He wasn’t going to deny he felt a little jealous at first glance. It wasn’t just the fact that they were both extremely attractive, like Jongin. He couldn’t pinpoint why he felt envious of the couple. Perhaps it was because they seemed perfect. Though perfect is used loosely, Kyungsoo couldn’t think of any other word to describe them.

“Do Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you.” He replied asstertively.

“Yeah, nice to meet you too. I’m Park Chanyeol and this is Byun Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said while Baekhyun turned around to see what the professor wrote on the board.

“God I can’t see for back here.” Baekhyun complained as he turned back around in his seat to face Kyungsoo.

“Whatever. He’s probably not going to collect the assignment anyway. So Kyungsoo, what’s with that girl that sits next to you? She seems like a no offense.” Chanyeol said.

“Oh her… I don’t really know her to be honest. I don’t think she likes me that much anyway.” Kyungsoo trailed off.

“You think she’s cute?” Baekhyun asked insistently. Kyungsoo paused before answering.

“Hmmm well, she’s alright I guess. She’s not really my type to be honest.”

“Oh you have a type? What’s your type?” Chanyeol questioned almost too enthusiastically.

“Dude calm down what is this an interrogation? Don’t scare him off like you do with every-“ Before Baekhyun could finish Chanyeol shushed him by smacking his hand onto Baekhyun’s mouth.

“Ignore him.” Chanyeol directed to Kyungsoo. “And for your information I don’t scare away people. They just can’t handle my enthusiasm and natural charm.”

“You’re so stupid.” Baekhyun mumbled with Chanyeol’s hand over his mouth still. Chanyeol went to face Kyungsoo when he suddenly jerked his hand away from Baekhyun’s mouth.

“Yah! That’s disgusting you’re a sick ert. I was going to move my hand you know!” Chanyeol yelled as he wiped off the saliva on Baekhyun’s shirt. “Here have some on your face too.” Chanyeol reached for Baekhyun’s face to only to find Baekhyun’s hand smacking his hand away.

“You’re saying I’m gross?  At least I’m not the one who drops food on the ground and still eats it. Kyungsoo, one time him and I were having lunch together and Chanyeol accidentally dropped some of his lunch on the dirty cafeteria ground and he still ate it.” Baekhyun said while give a disapproving glare to Chanyeol.

“Ever heard of the five second rule? Plus that floor was spotless.”

“Your food had dirt on it and you’re telling me that floor was spotless?”

“I keep telling you it was seasoning! Not dirt!” Chanyeol defended himself.

“Then why didn’t I see this seasoning on it before you dropped it?”

“Because you’re eyes are bad Baekhyun. Ever heard of renewing your prescription for your contacts?”

“Obviously you’re the one who needs to renew their prescription since you clearly can’t differentiate between dirt and seasoning. What about that one time where you dropped your hotdog while crossing the street and still ate it?”

“You seem to keep forgetting the five second rule.” Chanyeol reminded Baekhyun.

“There was specs asphalt in your ketchup! Or are you going to say that was seasoning also?”

“Are you delusional? The hot dog landed on its side, bun first! The actual hot dog didn’t even touch the ground so therefore the ketchup wasn’t contaminated.”

“I saw the asphalt bits on your hotdog don’t twist the story!”

“What? I brushed it off before I ate it. You’re just too about everything.” Chanyeol snickered.

Baekhyun threw his hands up in the air, claiming defeat. It was silent for a moment, and Kyungsoo felt awkward but amused.

“So back to my question. You didn’t answer your type Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol asked again. Kyungsoo didn’t really have a type to be honest. He just liked anyone who was pretty and who would give him the time of day.

“I don’t really have a type really…,” Kyungsoo cut off in mid-sentence. His eyes couldn’t help but wander around the classroom as he thought about what to say. He saw the one girl who sat next to him earlier sitting with her friends eating lunch. He confused his answer and his own thoughts when he said, “I just like someone who looks happy eating.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun both gave him puzzling looks. What the hell did I just say?

“Someone who looks happy while eating?” Chanyeol repeated. He suddenly broke out into laughter only to be quieted by Baekhyun seconds later. Though Baekhyun was also grinning, he reminded Chanyeol to be polite by giving him a nudge to the shoulder.

“Um no wait that came out wrong, I meant I just like someone is happy, really.” Kyungsoo tried to save himself.

“How do you even look happy while eating anyway? Do you smile while taking a bite of food?” Chanyeol joked. Kyungsoo even found it to be funny and laughed along with him. “Don’t worry Kyungsoo we won’t judge you. Everyone has their es right?”

“Chanyeol has this weird for-“Baekhyun began to say. Chanyeol slapped Baekhyun’s arm while yelling at him to shut up.

“This isn’t confession time, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol complained.

Time sped up as Kyungsoo continued chatting with the couple. They asked him questions about school, age, family, and other usual questions. Kyungsoo asked about their relationship and how long they’ve been together.

“We’ve been together for about a year now. Is it that obvious we’re a couple?” Chanyeol curiously asked Kyungsoo as if he really didn’t know how much PDA him and Baekhyun actually do. Kyungsoo nodded which caused both of the boys to laugh. They all continued talking and the mood lightened up a lot more. Kyungsoo didn’t know why, but he felt at ease even though they were total strangers. Though it was less than an hour he felt like he had known them for years.

“Alright everyone, turn in your assignments and you are free to go.” The professor tried to yell over the roar of the classroom. Kyungsoo looked down at his empty desk regretting that he didn’t do the assignment. One assignment couldn’t hurt, right?

“Hey wanna have lunch with us today?” Chanyeol asked. He wanted to say yes, he finally met people who he likes and who like him back.

Damn why’d you have to ask me today.

“I’d like to, but I already have plans with another friend. I’m supposed to meet him in the cafeteria right now.” Kyungsoo confessed.

“Hey we eat lunch there! We can at least walk together right?” Baekhyun smiled as he grabbed his bag.

“Sure I don’t see why not.” Kyungoo smiled back.

Walking to the cafeteria seemed like a marathon. Knots in Kyungsoo’s stomach tied themselves in every direction. He felt like he was going to be sick. The thought of having lunch with Jongin was almost too much for Kyungsoo to handle. After all he hadn’t even had friends since high school. The boys chatted among themselves as they walked, with Chanyeol and Baekhyun holding hands. They reached the cafeteria where Kyungsoo took a moment to pause.

“Do you see him?” Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo scanned his eyes across the room, glancing from face to face searching for Jongin.

“Oh hey it’s Jongin!” Chanyeol yelled while running over to his table. Kyungsoo’s heart sunk in a bit. Did his ears deceive him? He looked over to see where Chanyeol was running to and sure enough Jongin was sitting quietly at his table looking at his phone.

They…know each other?

“You guys know Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun.

“Yeah we’ve been friends for years now. How do you know him?”

“He asked me to have lunch with him today…” Kyungsoo said delicately.

“Oh! You must be…” Baekhyun began before he heard Chanyeol calling both of the boys over to the table.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo from a distance, or was he staring at Baekhyun? It was hard to tell. He had asked Kyungsoo to come alone, was he mad at him? Kyungsoo looked away from Jongin’s death stare before walking over to the table. Baekhyun rushed in front of Kyungsoo and stole the chair next to Chanyeol, which forced Kyungsoo to sit next to Jongin. The table had two chairs on each side and Kyungsoo sat himself quickly leaving a significant amount of space between him and Jongin. The boy next to Kyungsoo tucked his phone away into his coat pocket and greeted everyone.

“Oh…hey guys.” Jongin said to the couple in a less than enthusiastic tone. Baekhyun whispered something into Chanyeol’s which made his face light up. He looked at Kyungsoo and then back at Jongin and almost started giggling. Jongin let out a sigh and turned to Kyungsoo.

“Hi.” Jongin lightly said to Kyungsoo with an attractive smile. Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin before nervously saying hi back.

“Hey.” Kyungsoo replied weakly.

“Where’s your lunch?”

“Oh right here.” Kyungsoo said as he pulled out his lunch from his bag. Jongin glimpsed at his lunch while scrunching his nose.

“What is it?” he asked.

“It’s just some soup and rice I made this morning.” Kyungsoo replied. Jongin let out a quick and heavy sigh like he was thinking about something.

“When’s your next class?”

“In about an hour and a half. Why?” Kyungsoo asked confusedly. Jongin reached over and put his lunch back into Kyungsoo’s bag before standing up.

“Come on, let’s go to my house for lunch.” Jongin said slyly before tugging Kyungsoo along with him towards the exit. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun watched and stayed silent grinning like idiots.

Even over the loud crowd of the cafeteria, Kyungsoo heard Baekhyun and Chanyeol snickering behind him.

“What do you mean go to your house?” Kyungsoo demanded, preventing Jongin from tugging him any further.

“I live up the street and I honestly forgot my lunch. Plus your lunch sounds like prison food.” Jongin explained.

“My soup isn’t prison food…” Kyungsoo tried to defend himself even though he sounded defeated.

“Yes it is trust me.  Let me make lunch for you then later you can go eat your prison food.” Jongin began pulling Kyungsoo towards him as they made their way out the school entrance. “Don’t worry my house is just right around the corner it’s not that far.”

Anxiety overcame Kyungsoo, hoping that it will be nothing more than just lunch. They walked leisurely to Jongin’s house even though it was still cold out. Jongin didn’t seem to mind the cold and he seemed content walking next to Kyungsoo.

“So, Kyungsoo,” Jongin started, “tell me about yourself.”

“I’m really not that interesting to be honest. Well, I grew up here and I like to sing. I used to be kind of rowdy in high school but I’m a lot calmer these days. I also like to cook too. Other than that, I’m pretty average.” Kyungsoo said. He looked over at Jongin who was nodding in agreement as he kicked some leaves off the sidewalk. “What about you?” Jongin smirked before he answered.

“I can quite honestly say I’m a complete opposite of you.” He said while laughing. “Well unlike you I grew up in a city not too far from here. I currently live alone since my parents are always doing business away from home. I’ve been dancing all my life and…yeah.” Jongin ended. It was awkward. Not Jongin, but the atmosphere. At least for Kyungsoo, he felt he should have kept the conversation going.

“I know this will sound weird, but I’m just wondering why you take so much interest in me? I mean you annoyed the hell out of me in class and then you asked me to lunch.” Kyungsoo said meticulously.

“Why you don’t like me?” 

“No! I do like you it’s just-“

“You like me already? This is so sudden Kyungsoo I barely know you. Well actually I tend to attract a lot of people so it’s no surprise.” Jongin sneered. Kyungsoo’s ears began to turn red and he quickly looked away from Jongin. He patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder and said, “I’m just kidding don’t get so red. You know you’re actually kind of cute when you blush I should embarrass you more often.”

“Who said I liked you?”Kyungsoo fought back while laughing.

“You did.” Jongin countered.

“No I didn’t.”

“Yes you did.”

“When?”

“Aish, one day you’ll say it to me, even if I have to force you.” Jongin winked. Kyungsoo’s heart pumped a little faster and he could feel the perspiration under his clothes.

God that wink is going to be the death of me.

After a few minutes of walking, they finally reach Jongin’s apartment. It quietly sat on the fifth floor overlooking part of the school campus and part of the streets. They took the elevator up and made their way through the winding hallways before arriving at Jongin’s door, room 112. Jongin punched in a code into the key pad before a beep pierced their ears allowing them inside.

It was small, but comfortable. Jongin took off his shoes before walking through the hallway and into the living room, followed by Kyungsoo. The living room itself was spacious and spotless. A black leather sofa was placed against the far wall and was accompanied with a small TV in front of it. The living room bled into the kitchen, going from carpet to tile. The kitchen was somewhat small with tiled counters, a microwave, and a small white refrigerator. Beside the black sofa was a small dining area with a round glass dining table.

“Your place is really nice.” Kyungsoo praised Jongin.

“Thanks, please make yourself at home.” Jongin insisted. He threw his bag on the sofa and lingered over to the fridge, hunching over as he opened the door.

“What do you want to eat? I’m actually kinda low on food. Oh hey you want a grilled cheese? I make the best grilled cheese sandwiches.” Jongin said as he took the cheese out. Though he didn’t really let Kyungsoo answer, he didn’t really care what he ate. He stood up and watched Jongin prepare lunch, occasionally coming over to help him. He slathered some butter onto four pieces of bread and laid the cheese onto the bread before putting it in the pan. The pan sizzled and steam danced off of it, fogging the microwave above the stove.

“Hey Kyungsoo, how much you wanna bet I can flip this sandwich?”

“What are we betting on?”

“If I can flip this, then you have to clean the dishes.” Jongin smirked.

“Flip it twice and we’ll call it a bet.”

“Fair enough.”

Kyungsoo backed up a bit and in one go flipped the sandwich in the air. It flipped once and landed back on the pan and Jongin proceeded to flip it again. This time he threw it higher than the last toss and it landed in the sink. Panicked, Jongin ran over to the sink and picked it up putting it back in the pan.

“Good job,” Kyungsoo said patting Jongin’s shoulder, “you can eat the one that fell.”

“Actually I win.” Jongin sneered. “The bet was for me to flip it twice; I never said anything about having to catch it. It clearly flipped in the air so technically I win.”

This little .

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin.

“It’s already implied that you have to catch it.”

“Since when?” Jongin inquired.

“Since like, since forever. That’s not fair! I’m the guest after all shouldn’t you be taking care of me?” Kyungsoo whined.

“Who’s the older one here? I’m ’94.”

Kyungsoo hesitated before answering.

“I’m ’95.” Kyungsoo lied. Jongin just stared at Kyungsoo in disbelief.

“Bull.” Jongin commented.

“What? It’s the truth!”

“Where’s your ID?”

“Why would I tell you?” Jongin took the food off the pan and made his way to Kyungsoo’s bag that was sitting on the sofa.

“What are you doing? I didn’t say you could go through my stuff!” Kyungsoo complained. Jongin didn’t listen and rummaged through his bag until he found his wallet. The shorter boy flailed his arms but Jongin just pushed him away. He opened the wallet and pulled out his ID.

“Uh huh I knew it! Don’t lie to me hyung.” Jongin laughed.

“Pffft I could pass for your dongsaeng though.”

“First, no you can’t. Second, I think you’re the one who’s supposed to take care of me.”

“But I’m the guest here.” Kyungsoo defended.

“What?” Jongin said.

“I said I’m the guest here.” Kyungsoo reiterated.

“What?” Jongin said again, this time slipping out a small giggle.

“I said-“ Kyungsoo began before he gave up. He sighed and plopped himself on the couch.

“That’s what I thought, hyung.” Jongin said before going back to the kitchen to finish lunch.

Kyungsoo actually had a good time at Jongin’s house. They ate lunch and though his grilled cheese was a bit too overdone, he still enjoyed it. They talked about everything and anything. Jongin ranted about his dancing and how he hates going to college. He asked Kyungsoo about his family and his singing and what other hobbies he had. The subject of dating was brought up and Kyungsoo was at a standstill. He hadn’t dated anyone ever. Jongin on the other hand had dated numerous of girls… and guys. While Kyungsoo was a loner in high school, Jongin was that kid everyone wanted to know. He always had a line of girls who wanted to date him, hell they just wanted him to look at them. To be honest, Jongin found them extremely annoying. Every week he would have at least one unknown number text him asking him to hangout or whatnot. He never gave out his number to anyone besides his friends and was creeped out by the amount of girls that flocked to him. They would wear pounds of makeup on and drenched themselves in the most obnoxious perfume they could find. This is why he always tended to date more guys than girls. Guys never threw themselves at him like girl did. He was always approached in a casual way. Befriending before dating and always had honest relationships. Though none of them were successful, he was at least experienced in the dating game unlike Kyungsoo. Though he was inexperienced, he had watched enough dramas to catch a glimpse on what a relationship is like. That is, a very, very delusional glimpse.

After they ate, they watched a movie. It was some horror flick that was more of a comedy rather than a scary movie. It’s the cliché type of movie where the girl is “frail” and “helpless” and can’t do for herself and ends up getting her group killed during the apocalypse. Jongin and Kyungsoo would laugh at some parts, mostly at the horrible movie effects. They sat at a distance on the leather couch with Jongin at one end and Kyungsoo at the other. Jongin’s legs propped themselves up on the coffee table while Kyungsoo quietly folded his hands into his lap, like he would be somehow judged if he moved into a more relaxed state. Jongin noticed but didn’t want to say anything. He thought it was cute to be honest. How awkward Kyungsoo thought he was when he is just really cute. After the movie was finished, both of the boys stretched their legs and decided to watch another movie. Jongin wanted to watch some corny romantic flick while Kyungsoo wanted to watch another horror film. The only way to settle this conflict was to use the most tactful and explicit approach when dealing with these kinds of situations.

“Jongin Bai Bo!” both of them yelled. Jongin fisted while the other boy threw out a pair of scissors.

“Best two out of three?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Hell no.” Jongin replied as he walked over a loaded in another cliché movie. This movie was more predictable than the previous one they sat through. Girl’s parents are sick, dying, and they’re poor. The girl acts like a ditz and is always happy even though she has a ty life with working two jobs and going to school at the same time. Not that it was bad that she’s always happy, but how realistic is that? The girl would of course meet the one boy who is rich and is the son of a powerful corporation or business. But he is a snotty brat who treats the girl like crap, but he just so happens to have a best friend who is not a total and who falls in the love with the girl. The best friend treats the girl like a queen and helps her out with anything she needs. Any rational and reasonable girl who obviously like the best friend back right? Nope. Being the gold digger she is, the girl decides to pursue the even though he doesn’t like poor people. Eventually throughout the movie he would see that, hey! Living like poor people isn’t so bad! And so, the in the movie is “humbled” and falls in love with the girl and they live happily ever after. What of the best friend? He gets absolutely nothing of course and is left alone to fall asleep listening to his own sobbing at night. If that doesn’t scream romantic then clearly people should get a grip on themselves.

This is why Kyngsoo hates cliché romantic movies like these. They are always so predictable. Kyungsoo can’t say the same for Jongin however, and sees him is clearly enjoying himself throughout the movie. At one point during the movie Jongin got up to get something and when he came back he sat down next to Kyungsoo. Every five minutes or so, he would inch closer to the other boy and at one point their thighs were touching. Jongin wore his poker face while Kyungsoo was well…being Kyungsoo.

“Why are you sitting so close to me?” Kyungsoo asked staring at Jongin.

“My couch my rules.” Jongin retorted.

“Yeah well my body, my personal bubble, my rules.” Kyungsoo said as he tried pushing Jongin away from him. Jongin didn’t budge and had that stupid smirk on his face that Kyungsoo has come to like. Kyungsoo kept nudging his shoulder, but the boy still wouldn’t move. Dejectedly, he sighed and threw his hands back into his lap. He focused his eyes back onto the movie but wasn’t really watching it. He was more concerned about the boy sitting next to him who was practically on top of him because he was sitting so close. After a few minutes, Jongin did the old “pretend to yawn and stretch your arms” move and slyly tucked his arm around Kyungsoo. Now they looked like they were dating.

“Get your arm off of me.” Kyungsoo demanded.

“Or what?”

“Or I’ll get mad…”

“I’d like to see you mad.” Jongin said as he inched closer to Kyungsoo’s face. Wide eyed, Kyungsoo froze.

“I’m warning you Jongin.” Kyungsoo hissed under his breath. Jongin’s face was so close to his that he could feel his hot breath against his cheek. He wanted to turn his face and kiss his plump lips. He wanted to taste Jongin and hell he would’ve let Jongin him if it led to that point. Though his breath smelled like lunch, part of him wanted to have his first kiss with Jongin.

He kept his face still, only shifting his eyes to meet Jongin’s. He turned his head a little and thought, this is it. Jongin leaned in closer and Kyungsoo closed his eyes. He waited for the other boy. He waited to feel his soft lips on his. He waited, and waited.

What the hell is he waiting for?

He felt Jongin’s hot breath move towards his ear. Within five tenths of a second, the mood of the atmosphere quickly changed all thanks to Jongin. Whispering in his ear with his husky voice he said, “You’re fly is down.”

Kyungsoo rushed to look at his zipper. It was up. Jongin backed up, but only a little and was still hovering over Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“What the hell is wrong with you why you looking there in the first place.”

“Made you look.” Jongin snickered. “What? Did you think I was going to kiss you?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and pouted. “No.”

“Is that why you closed your eyes?”

“Um excuse me, I closed my eyes to shield them from your breath.”

“I know you like me.” Jongin claimed.

“Sure keep telling yourself that.” Kyungsoo said as he patted Jongin’s lap. “You still didn’t explain why you were looking at my crotch.”

“Ssshhh, I’m trying to watch the movie. Didn’t your parents teach you to be silent during movies?” Jongin said while smiling.

“Whatever.”

They continued with the movie. By this point, both Jongin and Kyungsoo had missed their remaining classes. And neither of them cared in the slightest bit. Everything was simple and Kyungsoo actually had fun with Jongin. After the movie, they played video games, experimented with cooking, and even arm wrestled. They just did what normal teenage boys do, whatever the hell it is they do. Kyungsoo was just content with Jongin and nothing else mattered. They put on another movie when it got late and sat closer together than before. Snuggled with a blanket, Kyungsoo’s eyes were heavy and he was drifting in and out of consciousness. He let his head hang down while shutting his eyes wanted at least a few minutes to rest his eyes.  He soon felt someone’s hands bringing his head up only to realize it was Jongin who softly rested his head on his shoulder. After a few minutes, he felt Jongin rest his head gently atop Kyungsoo’s head and both drifted asleep, together. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhhhh so yeah here’s another update. Sorry for it being late, I’ve been having personal issues T0T

I reeeeally enjoyed writing this chapter, I think it was light hearted and fun.

Lemme know what you think! I’ll start writing the next chapter by tomorrow night. So yeah, hope you enjoyed it.