Aurora's Story

Fairy Tail Beginnings - Aurora's Story

 

The rain was bitter cold and drove in my face fiercely. I rejoiced at the cruelty of the wind, and when it hustled pedestrians before it, lashing them, twisting their clothes, and threatening their equilibrium,  I felt amused. I was pleased at the chill in my bones and at the hunger that tortured me. At least, at first I thought it was hunger till I remembered that I had just eaten.

The hours passed confusedly. I had no consciousness of time, but it must have been late, -- near midnight, -judging by the fact that there were few persons visible anywhere in the black storm, when I noticed a little figure sitting at the far end of the street. I had not seen him earlier when I was walking, but all was so curious and wild to me that evening -- I myself seemed to myself the most curious and the wildest of all things -- that it was not surprising that I should not have observed the figure.

He was wrapped in his white coat, one that my father had bought him a long time ago. His hair clung to his neck from the rain that poured down on Crocus. He stood there, watching me with sad eyes.

I wanted him near me, to hold me just as he did the night before. To whisper in my ear sweet words and to love me all the same. The way he watched me made me hate myself, hating that I couldn't just go to him, but have him come search for me.

I watched him, casually walking toward me, rain crashing on us, thick drops pounding like my heart. With his eyes on mine, it was impossible to look away, captivated by each others presence. Never have I felt so sad and alone, yet perfectly happy.

Thunder roars in tune with my heart beat as he steps just in front me, holding my eyes in his. He embraces me, wet from head to toe, neither of us mind, nothing mattered now. The clouds thicken and the sky grows dark, flashes of lightning shine against our bodies.

I look to his face, the tears impossible to see amongst the rain; we know its there, and he begins to close the distance. Feeling his breath blow down my neck, the warmth of his face, and the rumbles of the thunder. He presses his lips against mine, kissing me softly as the lightning cracks and thunder rolls, with rain running over our lips.

I want it to last forever.

 

Nier - the personal guild for the Royal Palace of Fiore. Founded by my father - Maarten Vermillion -, twenty-five years ago. The guild was first created and to be used just as every other guild, until my mother - Jaci Vermillion -, ran away from home and joined the small guild in Crocus.

The guild was then supervised by the Royal Palace, and eventually became the Palace's personal guild. i am not a member, just the daughter of the master, and a good friend of the members.

I watched Triston laugh along with his friends as they told old stories from when they were kids. They would pretend to be in a guild, drawing pen on their body, trying to make a believeable guild symbol on them. I only smiled, nodding occassionaly when they turned to me for agreement in the opinions.

Gale and Gina sat across from me, teasing each other playful. They were the smallest members of the Nier guild, and few of the most strongest. Gina using weapons and Gale using swords - they were a very destructive duo; when they got along.

Gina rubbed in her brothers golden blonde hair, calling him little because of his height. Gale exploded, pulling out a large blade, swinging it above his head, "Call me little one more time and see what happens you cow!" He shouted, threatening his twin sister. The guild watched, laughing along to their usual noisy fights.

A slim green haired woman pulled Gale's sword out of his hand with ease then snapped it in half between her fingers, "I'm trying to read." She groaned.

Gale sulked back into his seat as Emily turned back to her book. Gina teased Gale quietly, poking at him and gesturing his height caused him to be such a cry baby.

Lisa and Edgor waved at me as the entered the Guild room. Lisa's long red hair reached down to her shins, blanketing over her black sleek dress. Edgor held himself tall, tugging on his red tie with one hand stuffed deep in his black dress pants pockets.

Lisa took a seat across from Triston as Edgor stood above his wife, leaning casually aginst the post. Lisa placed her head on her hand as she leaned in across the table, "You finally kissed Aurora, aye Triston?"

Triston blushed, embarrassed by the sudden subject.

"Your hair has changed Aurora. Just as your mothers did at her wedding." Edgor lightly smiled, "From white to gold. It was quite a show. It must have been a really shock to the both of you too."

I looked at Triston who smiled genuinely at me, "I think it was more for Aurora than me."

"Whoa! What happened to your hair?" I looked over my shoulder to Gage and Julie. Gage ran his fingers through his red hair as he starred at me wide-eyed, "That's you Aurora?"

Julie pulled her purple hair over her shoulder, "Of course that's Aurora, she's the only who has her magic pressure so well under control besides Edgor."

Gage twirled my hair around his fingers, watching it spin in awe. He took my hand into his and knelt down on one knee, "Marry me Aurora."

"What?" Triston barked.

"I loved you with your white hair, but I can't resist with your blue hair."

I sheepishly smiled, slidding my hand out from his, "I think I'll have to pass."

"Damn right she'll pass!" Triston growled, pulling my chair closer to him and away from Gage.

"Aurora, let's battle!" Emily beamed, as she turned from her book and to me, "I was reading this story, and it says here the Princess is weak and powerless. I want to know if it's true."

I blinked, dumb founded, "Excuse me?"

Emily swiftly moved from her chair then picked me out from my seat, throwing me over her shoulder and began to hobble out of the room. I watched Triston sit upside down, watching me with a worried look. Emily was the second S-Class mage of Nier.

Emily placed me on my feet outside of the street of Crocus. She paced her self ten feet from me before turning to face me. was wide, and her eyes were narrowed as her whole body was shaking in excitement. The guild memebers poured out from the building, circling around us to watch the fight.

Triston stood in the front, watching me. He mouthed the word be careful, I nodded and looked back to Emily.

A magic circle formed in front of her, she reached into it slowly, keeping her eyes on me, grinning wider and wider. My heart beat rapidly against my chest, I shivered noticeably to the human eye, and I smiled ever so lightly.

Emily bent her knees and bolted into the air, pulling out a large sword from her magic circle. She rose up above her head, swinging it down toward me. I placed my foot to the right, and hobbled over a few inches, feeling a gust of wind blow against my face as the blade slammed into the ground.

Emily was at the end of the large sword, three feet away from me, starring at me with wide eyes. The sword shattered and she quickly jumped back a few feet away from me.

I raised my hand just in front of my chest where my crystal pendant hung under my shirt. People gawked as a pure white crystalized sword materialized into my hand. I slashed the air as I held the sword out by my feet.

Bending me knees and holding my blade for a swift final blow. I closed my eyes, then opened them, starring at the back of Emily. She quickly looked over her shoulder, mouth open. I swung my blade, tapping her side before bursting into nothingness.

The crowd was silent as Emily stood there defeated in less than five minutes. She lightly chuckled, "Good job Aurora."

The crowd bursted in cheers and laughter as Emily stuck her hand out to me. I shook it tightly, grining to myself.

 

 

Photobucket