Face the consequence

The boy is mine

The sudden uproar of the door slamming stole Sandara's attention from the liquor she had in her hands. Her vision was a total mess; her usual perfectly coifed self was a train wreck. The traces of tears she'd be crying was obvious through the mascara smeared on her cheeks. The locks of hair carelessly framing her face were tangled in a low bun. 

 

 

As Jiyong got closer, the anger he felt disappeared. Guilt took over him instead. There she was, looking as frail and vulnerable as ever. It was a given that she'd been miserable since their last encounter. She was dressed in his favourite shirt, despite the rugged look one thing never fades. The gentleness in her eyes remained. 

 

 

It took a while before Dara acknowledged his presence. She stared at him with a puzzled expression painted on her face. "I have no idea what's real anymore... Are you really here or am I hallucinating again.."

 

 

Jiyong couldn't bring himself to speak, as hard as he tried to come up with the right things to say. His hands were trembling and for what it seemed like eternity, his legs were frozen on the spot. It was odd since the air conditioner was on full blast, yet cold sweat was falling on his forehead, his back completely drenched.

 

 

 

She rose from her seat, groggily making her way closer to where he was. The smell of alcohol reeked in the air as she grew closer. "Jiyong-ah, are you here? You really are.. I thought I was just going crazy again. I missed you so much. You have no idea."

 

 

"Please.. I didn't come for this. How am I suppose to talk to you like this." He bit his lips, barely able to utter his words.

 

 

She peered into his eyes, her eyes blurred with tears once again. A smile creeped in the midst of her tears. It broke his heart because he knew she was trying so hard to be strong for him. 

 

 

This wasn't her fault. He knew all along that he was the selfish one. She didn't ask for this. Jiyong was the one who offered his attention in the beginning. He restricted her of her ability to fight for herself. It was all too late, she grew dependent of his care. That was a habit that's almost impossible to break.

 

 

"Are you coming back? Please tell me you are.." She pleaded, clasping her arms around his neck.

 

 

"I can't marry you. I came here to tell you. I wouldn't make sense to you right now.." He stuttered.

 

Her expression grew violent, quickly falling to her knees as she covered her ears with hers hands. She began shaking her head, breaking into a childlike sob. She stayed that way for a while and Jiyong didn't know what to feel. He was conflicted with so many emotion.

 

He decided to ignore his anger and he dropped to his knees and brought her into his arms. They stayed that way as she cried into his chest.

 

"Get out. Now.” Dara's voice was even quieter than normal. It carried an edge of steel, something that was not often heard in her sweet tones. 

 

It was all too sudden, but Jiyong shook his head. "I can't leave you like this noona."

 

 

"I'm a drunken mess.. I know." She nodded as she wiped her tears. In a swift moment she got back on her feet. 


"I was stupid Jiyong. Why do I have to cry. She never had to cry for you. Never had to wait for you. I love you more than myself.. That was my mistake but I can't change that. And I don't regret it. They warned me from the start, but I love you.. And I don't want to lose you. Even if it means forcing you into marriage. If you've come here to discuss that then leave. I'll meet you at the altar."

 

 

“Noona, I,” he began but she wearily raised her arm and pointed at the door, not looking at him.

"Don't.. Jiyong.." 
Before she could finished her words, Dara vision became all too blurry. She slowly lost her balance before she lost her consciousness.
He quickly ran to catch her before she fell to the floor.


The doctor came soon enough. She was tucked in bed in no time and remained by her side the whole time.


"Thank you so much. I was worried.. She's fine right?" Jiyong asked as he struggled to speak due to his nerves.


"Please take care of your girlfriend  better. In this state she shouldn't be put under this much stress. She shouldn't be drinking this much. It's not good for her."


"It was my fault." Jiyong carefully bowed his head, feeling as guilty as ever. "She'll be okay, right?"


"Yes, but please take care of her. I don't think you have a clue. She's very sensitive. Anything could go wrong and she would lose the child." Doctor.Lee uttered firmly, giving Jiyong a stern look.

 

 

His face grew pale. He was in total shock. It was hard to comprehend what he just said. "W-what did you just say?"


"You fiancè is three months pregnant,Kwon Jiyong-ssi"