Third Person, Omniscent

Forget Paris, Forget Love!

 

It was practically any other reckless and quiet day for Huang Zitao. Despite everyday being reckless, it hadn't really been different. The house had a quiet, solemn atmosphere, mostly because he hadn't spoken that morning. His father and mother had already left the house for work. Huang Zitao's parents were, as far as he knew, very important people in the industry, so he hardly ever saw them. Because of that, he never had a single clue about what they were up to, or any light bulb that would have gone off in his head if someone asked what his parents did for a living.
 
6:30 AM had hit him sooner than any alarm clock would have. His biological clock never failed him - his eyes always shot open like a bullet leaving a gun at 6:30 AM, sharp. Just as the alarm clock's second hand ticked to the 12, and the minute stem hit 30, his body always tended to tense and he woke up almost immediately.

Tao yawned, a wordless whine slipping out. Hm. That's pretty unusual. Since when do I whine when I wake up... ? The questions drifted lazily into mind that new morning. Today was the first day of school and they absolutely could not be late. Ugh, I need to wake Lu Han up quickly. He thought as he sat up from his bed, swinging his legs around and allowing them to float down onto the ground.

Unfortunately, unlike Tao, Lu Han took forever to wake up.

 
Tao eventually stood up and opened the light wooden door out into the hall. Lu Han came from a poor family, and the unthinkable had happened when he was fourteen - his parents had been killed. Luckily, Zitao had been an amazingly kind friend and had taken him in. The guest room at the Huang household was always an empty box, since no one really stayed over, anyways. Why not put it to good use and take Lu Han in?
 
The whole house was well-built, strong, and durable, so it never creaked beneath Tao's feet. The floors were kept insanely clean and bright and glowed in the early morning sun as he stepped across them, slowly passing three doors and finally arriving at Lu Han's room. Tao twisted the knob and the door swung open to reveal a mass of blonde hair buried in blankets and sheets. 
 

 

"Lu Han ge, it's time to wake up," Tao called with a wave of his hands.
The blonde stayed still and ceased to move until Tao knelt by his head.
"Lu Han ge!" Tao sang right into Lu Han's ears.
He suddenly shivered at the sound of his name and the warm breath in his ear. "Go away, Tao," Lu Han whined in a high pitch.
"Ge, it's time to wake up," Tao sang further.
"But I don't want to," Lu Han answered childishly.
"You have to, ge! And it's not good for you to oversleep," Tao whispered, flicking on the light next to the bed.
Finally, the blonde haired boy sat up from his position. "Tao, I don't have such an amazing discipline like you do," he groaned as he rubbed at his squinted eyes.

"Aw, come on, ge, you're going to have to adjust from the summer," Tao encouraged as he swept his hand over Lu Han's back.

Then, Zitao stopped and offered his hand to Lu Han. Lu Han's eyes finally adjusted to the lighting and he smiled. Taking his hand, the two get up and step out of the room. They walked down the hallway to the bathroom and freshened up quickly and cleanly. Then, they skipped all the way down the two flights of stairs that led them down to the first level, laughing with each other.


"Hey, ge, what are we having for breakfast?" Tao asked happily. 
Lu Han always made the best breakfasts. "Well, what do you want?" Lu Han asked back. 
"French toast?" Tao asked, high hopes rising even, above the highest of clouds.
"Okay, since it's our first day of the sophomore year, we'll celebrate with french toast!" Lu Han called back at him. 
Tao beamed happily, "Thank you, ge!" he sang, once again, in Lu Han's ears. 
 
Lu Han's cheeks turned transparent and his blood flow directed right to the apples. He smiled, bangs hiding his eyes with a flush, running over his face. Lu Han went the liberty of scooping a bit of extra ice cream on both of their pieces of toast. At around 7:15 AM, they ate deliciously. 
 
"Ge, it's so yummy, please be my personal chef forever!" Tao beamed. 
Lu Han laughed. "You'd probably forget about me though, Tao!"
Tao's smile faded slightly and his tone suddenly became serious. "No, I won't ge! You're probably the closest person to me right now!" 
His smile returned. "Thanks to you, I never really feel alone anymore." 
 
Lu Han can't help but keep replaying that phrase in his mind. 'No, I won't ge! You're probably the closest person to me right now!' Lu Han smiled at it, maybe he'd gotten on a better side of Tao. Or was that the french toast talking?
 
With plates littered with melted ice cream and rich chocolate syrup, they got their bags and work together and left. Lu Han were the only one who could actually drive. Zitao sat in the passenger's seat comfortably. He actually really cherished the time he didn't spend at school. It were always with Lu Han or some of his other friends. 
 
7:15 AM, and they've finally arrived. They parked in the large lot the school allowed students to use. "Race you to the gate?" Lu Han yelled, jerking his body towards the direction of the destination. The other laughed and ran--no, chased the Blondie all the way to the gate with a smile.
 
With a tired body, they both breathed deeply, hands on their knees, bending over and giggling. You've got to admit, it was quite a while to get the gate. They stood up straight and laughed the way inside. 
 
The school had decided to let the students have an hour to get their information from the office and gather things into their lockers and containers in the homeroom classrooms. 
 
"Tao, what locker did you get?" Lu Han asked innocently. 
"Oh, uhm... locker G83," he said with a slight smile.
"Really?! I have G84," Lu Han felt a tug at his lips for a smile. 
Tao smiled happily with excitement dressing his eyes. 
Lu Han smiled in response. He really, just couldn't help it. 
 
Tao opened his locker, putting his bag and his uniform jacket inside in a clear manner. All books went in order of his schedule. Lu Han had a similar way of organizing his space. Thirty minutes had already passed--no, flying by. 
 
"I'll see you later, Lulu," Tao said, waving. "Mhm," 
 
Lu Han nodded. Tao left for room 2-B, Lu Han left for 2-C. It were so close. Almost the same class! Then, at the last moment, Lu Han were moved. Tao was enraged. He wasn't good at making friends due to his harsh exterior. Little dpoes everyone know that he has a soft personality. Lu Han wasn't exactly the happiest flower of the garden either! Why can't I just be in the same class as Tao? he rang. 
 
Everyone was rambunctious in 2-B, girls, in the side of the class, putting on makeup, writing reviews, great brands, recommended products, all the things girls do. Then the guys in the middle row, all discussing video games, and their grades. Then the guys in the back, the jocks and the athletic ones, not so great on grades, Zitao could tell. Then, he sat way on the left, third from the last seat down the class. 
 
Then sat down, books at ready and two mechanical pencils next to the books in a neat manner. Waiting patiently for the teacher, he sat in silence. He put his phone out and texted Lu Han. 
 
 
 
                  鹿 鹿 (Deer) 
 
< Are you okay?
 
                             Yes, I
                             am, are you okay?> 
 
 
 
Tao sighed of relief. 
 
 
 
                       鹿 鹿 (Deer) 
 
   If there are mean 
    people in your classroom, I could have 
    sworn you would have gotten hurt. 
    Be alright and stay strong, okay? 
                  
                        I am not twelve anymore, >
                        you have no need to 
                        worry. 
 
 
The teacher walked into the classroom. As the teacher prepped her items, Tao typed: I have to leave, be well, my deer. quickly and put away his phone as he introduced himself. "Hello, I am Kris, if you're chinese you can call me Wu Yifan, nice to meet you all, I am your homeroom teacher as well as your English teacher. Please treat everyone else as you treat me. Let us start class by taking roll." 
 
 
 
 

 

a/n: omg that took literally forever thanks to my writer's block but omfg, thank you so much clear-s eonni <3 you were such a great help ;_; I'd like to thank my (new and old) subscribers, my co-author oneoftheboys, and clear-s for helping me out so much T.T It's been such a pleasure working on this and I can't wait for more subscribers to come c; but still, I hope everyone enjoys this to its full extent and wait for me to post chapter two possibly tomorrow or next week! Much love!