New Student

My Husband

Jaejoong stared at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, fixing his hair.

"Yah, Hyung," called his younger brother Junsu, "you take more time getting ready in the morning than Chaeil! And she's a girl!"

"You calling me a woman?" Jaejoong shot back.

"Oppa, don't take it personally! You take more time getting ready in the morning than anybody does," their sister Chaeil called out as she ran by, stuffing a piece of toast into . Yes, Jaejoong's sister is very classy.

"You're gonna choke if you run and eat like that," Jaejoong told her for the hundreth time that month.

"I don't wanna be late for school!"

"Noona, you'll be late for school if you choke, too," Junsu pointed out to the middle child.

"True, true..."

"Just calm down, I'll make breakfast in a minute," sighed Jaejoong.

"Joongie-hyung, why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" their cousin Yoochun shouted as he ran down the steps. He was living with them currently because his parents were out of the country for business.

"I tried, but you just kept going back to sleep! Besides, it's not my job to wake you up," Jaejoong stated. He chuckled to himself. Well, his family sure was lively today. He finished touching up his hair and went downstairs to fix breakfast for his little monsters.

"Hyung, Hyung, di chu hear?!"

"Junsu, don't talk with your mouth full. I can't understand you."

"Sorry. I said, 'Hyung, Hyung, did you hear?'"

"About what?"

"The new transfer student!"

"Transfer student? No, I haven't."

"He's from America, apparently. Well, he used to live here in Seoul, but he moved to America when he was in elementary school, and now he's back."

"Really? What's his name?"

"I don't remember. I just heard that from one of my friends. He's coming today, and he's a senior like you, so you'll find out today."

Everyone emptied their plates quickly, fearing being late again. They all followed Jaejoong out the door. His parents had died last summer. Since he was eighteen, he took on the job of caregiver to his siblings and, starting last month, his little cousin. In all honesty, even though he would never admit it, Jaejoong enjoyed it. He loved his family more than words could say, and they gave him a purpose in his dull life. He couldn't imagine life without them.

"Bye, Hyung!"

"See ya, Oppa!"

"Yeah, see you at lunch, Joongie-hyung!"

"See you guys," Jaejoong called back as the four went to their classes.

"Everyone," the teacher began, "we have a new student starting today. He's been in America since second grade, but now he's moved back here to finish off his last school year. So, let's give a warm welcome to Jung Yunho!"

A boy, presumably Yunho, walked into the room, smiling. 'Jung Yunho?' Jaejoong thought to himself. 'He seems familiar.'

When Yunho's gaze fell on Jaejoong, his eyes lit up.

"Kim Jaejoong?!"

"Y-yes?"

"It is you!"

Jaejoong was completely, utterly confused. He knew he knew this boy, but as to how, he was clueless.

"I... take it you two know each other, then?" the teacher questioned.

"It sure seems that way..." replied Jaejoong.

"Well, Yunho, there's an empty desk next to Jaejoong if you would like to sit there."

"Yes! Thank you, sir!" Yunho all but ran to the desk, grinning at Jaejoong. Jaejoong gave the strange boy a glare then turned his head shyly.

 

"Wow. That's weird," Yoochun commented after Jaejoong told his family about Yunho during lunch.

"I think he's a stalker," Chaeil declared as she devoured a hamburger.

"Maybe you guys were friends before he moved away?" offered Junsu.

"Probably. He did seem really familiar. But still, it's creepy! Why did he stare at me like that?"

Suddenly, Jaejoong felt a pair of strong arms wrap around his waist from behind. Junsu did a spit take with his banana milk as the whole cafeteria went silent, staring at them.

"W-what are you doing?" Jaejoong shot at the boy behind him.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" asked Yunho. "I'm hugging my husband!"

The room was filled with surprised gasps as Jaejoong blinked, stunned and confused.

 

So how was the first chapter? Sorry it was a bit of a cliff hanger, but I just wanted to take the first chapter as a chance to introduce the main characters and begin the plot... Tell me what you think, and I can't wait to hear your predictions on what will happen next ^.^