Happy Memory

It's Okay Even If It Hurts

 

            I, Park Minra, was once a Kim.

---FLASHBACK---

            The Kim family was in a park that one Saturday. Father, Mother, Taeyon-unnie, Myungsoo-oppa and I were happily having our family bonding time. We always do this at least once a month. And I was always looking forward to this.

            I walked in between father and mother. Both my hands were twined with theirs. They smiled genuinely while looking at me. Myungsoo-oppa and Taeyon-unnie were busily running around. Then I heard a bell ring. I, of course, knew what it was so I turned to its’ direction.

            I directly let go of my parents’ hands and ran while cheering, “Ice cream! Ice cream!” They laughed at my actions and calmly followed me towards the ice cream stand.

            “Aigoo… Our little princess wants something. But you have to ask mom and dad’s permission first.” Taeyon-unnie, who was 15 years old, carried me in her arms.

            “Consent for what?” Of course, as I was a 9-year old kid, I didn’t get it. “Permission if they could buy one for you, get it?” she poked my cheeks.

            “Yes, unnie.” I playfully salute to her then faced my parents.

            “Umma, Appa~ Could you please buy me an ice cream?” They giggled and then appa said, “Of course! Anything for you, princess.”

             “Appa, can I get rocky road?” Myungsoo-oppa pointed.

             “Sure. Choose anything you want.” Appa smiled.

             “What do you want, princess?” umma asked me with her placid voice.

             “I want oppa’s ice cream.” I pointed oppa’s rocky road ice cream that he was happily .

             “Minra, let’s just buy you a new rocky road ice cream, okay?” unnie negotiated.

             “NO~ I want oppa’s ice cream~” I whined with my eyes getting teary.

             “Princess, do you want to share ice cream with oppa?” Myunsoo-oppa asked.

             “Yeees~” I sang.

             “Wow. Our princess’ singing is still the best!” umma praised as I and oppa shared the melting ice cream.

             “Is it yummy?” oppa smiled.

             “Yes!” I beamed back sweetly. We continued eating our little desert while umma and appa sat on the bench with unnie. “They look so cute!!!” umma commented as her fingers went clicking the camera in rapid succession.