Chapter 3, Because The Noises From The Bedroom Are Not Them Fighting

The Importance of Paper Towels, Pens and Weird Names

The next day is one of those lazy, long days when the nine of them just happen to do any random thing they can think of.

There's no reason to have their outings every day and those happen only once every few days, when the boys start to lack in something or they get bored enough. Unless it's for those reasons, why would they risk?

But the outing happened yesterday, so it is how the boys end up doing various things.

Like Wufan dragging Chanshik somewhere to the far forest to practice shooting with not missing a target. Especially since Chanshik is pretty amazing at that, as he'd been getting ready for zombie apocalypse for years, and obviously the getting ready means shooting as well.

Or like Baekhyun who makes Sunwoo play Monopoly with him. At the suggestion the other seven were just like "Sorry, busy~" and then pretended not seeing Baekhyun's questioning look or ignored the actual question about what was going to make them so busy. If they were to be honest (and they weren't), this pretty day they just didn't feel like losing, which always happens, because somehow Baekhyun is just too good.

That leaves five boys. But with Sungyeol disappearing into the kitchen and Chanyeol following him (which could make them a little worried, but, meh, what could happen, right? At least he's not in there by himself.) it makes three boys left alone.

Or actually two boys as Junhyung and Myungsoo suddenly notice Hyunseung isn't in the room anymore. But it's fine, Junhyung finds himself thinking as he's putting his legs on the table and gets ready for a nap on the Nice Couch. He ignores Myungsoo sitting next to him and going through two months old newspaper, especially since Junhyung's read that one about four times.

"Yah, kids! Come and see what I found!"

When they hear Hyungseung's voice, Junhyung opens his eyes and Myungsoo closes the newspaper, all nervous and alarmed. Only as they look at each other, they realize the boy's voice didn't sound worried or scared or anything like that. More like amused and happy.

Myungsoo raises his eyebrow at the older boy and they both move.


*


"You're paying, lalala~"

"Oh my God, we barely started!"

"Tough luck, little boy. Need your 50$."

"You're smaller!"

"But you're still the one who's paying~"


*

"So... What are we doing?" Chanyeol asks as soon as he steps into the kitchen. Then he skips over to Sungyeol and looks over the older boy's shoulder to see what he's doing. And what the boy's doing is going through a book with cakes or at least Chanyeol assumes so, because it's what he's seeing on the current page.

"Choosing." Sungyeol spends a few more seconds looking at the page and then goes for another. And once again. And the next. And three more. All with Chanyeol hanging over his shoulder, but Sungyeol doesn't even mind.

"This one!" Suddenly, just as he's about to look at the next cake, Sungyeol finds his hand grabbed and raised away from the book. So the next cake page doesn't really happen.

"This one?" Sungyeol looks at the recipe once again. "But it seems a little bit more exacting than some. Still doable, but-"

"But I want this one~" Chanyeol pouts. And smiles. And pouts again. And grins in this ridiculously happy, wide, full-of-teeth kind of way with sort of a twitching eye. Sungyeol can only bit his lower lip trying to stop himself from squealing like a elementary school girl seeing a puppy.

"Fine." Because there's no way to say no to Chanyeol's happy smile and eager eyes. And Sungyeol knows this, and Chanyeol looks back to the pretty picture of the cake, and Sungyeol finally can stop holding back his breath.

"So we'll be making this one~"

"Yeah." Sungyeol moves and starts opening cupboards looking for flour. He finds it easily, happily put next to a little bag of baking powder and a little bigger one of cocoa powder. Three things in one place, good.

"And the cookies, too~"

Sungyeol frowns and turns to look at Chanyeol, who hasn't stopped going through pages of the book.

"Well, I don't kno-"

Chanyeol smiles happily.

Sungyeol only nods.

Damn, those adorable, puppy-like, tall, cute dongsaengs of his.

Thank God, Myungsoo's only handsome and weird (and cute and almostastall and adorable and huggable and nowaySungyeol'severleavinghim... but not necessarily puppy-like). Though, it's not like it helps a lot, Sungyeol still finds himself not denying the boy anything pretty often. Really often. But, well, they're each other's, so it probably doesn't count. Or does it, but in some other way? Sungyeol's confused.

"And I'm helping you, hyung~"

Sungyeol gulps, suddenly feeling quite scared.


*


"Boom! And fabulous Los Angeles is mine~"

"Pfft!"

"And it's very nice to see you in New York. My New York. Pay up, young boy~"

"... We're the same age."

"Which means I'm young as well. And it's true."


*


"Woah, hyung, where did you find it?"

"In the basement. We did search it for zombies at first, but never for other stuff."

"It's pretty amazing, Seungie."

"So what do you think about using some, Junnie? Myungsoo?"

"You're awesome, hyung!"

"Well, I don't know, Seungie. It's not ours."

"So?"

"Hyung, I don't see the owners being angry about us playing a bit."

"Well..."

Hyunseung pulls Junhyung closer and whispers something to the boy's ear, ignoring Myungsoo's curious look. Junhyung's eyes brighten up a little and a smile appears on his face.

"Okay, it's a very convincing argument, let's play~"

Even after a moment Myungsoo's still staring at his hyungs, who are now leaving the basement, their hands full.

"Why do I feel like that argument had nothing to do with this stuff?"


*


"And here is me getting a Get Out of Jail Free card~"

"Oh, yes, because that's going to make you so lucky here, in the game, naive boy~"

"At least I'm not naive enough to think that the noise coming from the room of the three of you, when Wufan-hyung and Chanyeol are alone in there and they closed the door, is them fighting or tripping or whining from pain of hitting calves with the closet door or something like that."

"That was one time!... And they learned to lock the door at least... But I'm still not as naive as to think that buying Colorado Springs is going to help me much."


*


"Chanyeollie, why do you have flour in your hair?... Where did you get this mirror from? Why are you showing it to m- Why do I have flour in my hair?!"


*


"So here is where I'm putting my hotel, my little fashionista~"

"At least I'm not addicted to eyeliner~"

"At least I'm not buying cities because for some reason I think green and orange look pretty together~"


*


"Seungie, do you have yellow? I'm almost out. Or, Myungsoo, do you?

"Nope, just finished my yellow."

"But, hyung, you had the most, so how-... WOW~"

"Awesome, isn't it?"

"So awesome I'm considering going to the basement to fetch you more yellow, hyung~"


*


"And now they say to mix everything. Until smooth. Either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed," Chanyeol says looking at the book's page. Sungyeol's been giving his best to rather busy the younger boy with reading or fetching him things. Especially since the boy helped to use the whole package of flour. The right 200 grams have got to the bowl, but the other 800 grams are pretty much everywhere, including on the two of them. And the floor. And the window. And, yeah, everywhere.

Also, Sungyeol is quite thankful that he likes chocolate very much as his face actually smells like it. But he doesn't want to know why exactly. At least for now. Maybe later. But he's sure he looks really pretty, Chanyeol sometimes looking at him and laughing makes it quite obvious.

"Electric mixer is kinda out of the question..." Chanyeol murmurs.

"Definitely. But it's good, because mixers are not fun." Sungyeol smiles.

Chanyeol happily leaves the book and stands next to the older boy.

"Can I?"

"Did you wash your hands?"

"Of course. Channie has whined about hygiene and washing and stuff enough." Chanyeol rolls his eyes. Sungyeol can only nod as he's heard the youngest's lectures too many times, too. Now they do some stuff just so the boy doesn't have a reason to start with those again.

"Well, then..." Sungyeol starts quite not sure, but Chanyeol happily pushes him a little with his hip and stands in front of the bowl. Therefore Sungyeol can only sigh and help from the side and tell the boy what to do.

And then Sungyeol sighs again, just as he decides to let go of the worries and insecurity. Chanyeol might not be the best cook and the most serious about baking, but the boy's not stupid. The boy's just... perky. And Sungyeol is pretty much just as perky, though he's kind of not really into throwing flour around. (... Not lately, at least.)

"Now add the two eggs and you're ready to get dirty~"

Chanyeol grabs the first egg, but when Sungyeol finishes his sentence, the boy frowns. The older one does, too.

They look at each other.

Finally after a few seconds of silence, they start laughing and their laugh is ridiculously loud. Also they're sure the other boys can hear the two Yeols and they're totally ignoring it, because hearing weirdos laughing is hardly an unusual occurrence, when nine boys live together.

A few moments later the two are a little calmer and they're almost stopping. Only then they make a mistake: they look at each other, and they start again, but harder.

Unfortunately, the harder means Chanyeol flailing his hands a bit.

Which isn't a good thing.

Because Chanyeol is holding the egg.

"What are you-"

Was holding.

Because surprised at hearing someone's voice, Chanyeol loosened his fingers a little and the egg flew.

Out of the surprise, the laugh stops and the two boys look around to see where the voice came from.

The voice came from the door. And its owner is Wufan.

Wufan whose face is now covered in yolk and white slowly flowing down. And on the boy's head are a few pieces of the eggshell.

So much for the not laughing, because they start again, even much, much harder.

Chanshik, who was hiding behind Wufan, now goes out from his hiding place and seeing the crazy behavior of the two older boys and their glancing at the oldest among the four, he decides to find out what's wrong. So he looks at Wufan's face.

And Chanshik sees that he was once again right about hiding.

He starts laughing as well. But he makes a few steps towards the two Yeols as Wufan doesn't really seem happy right now and Chanshik's amazing survival instinct says it's not smart to be the one that's the nearest.

"What's going on and what's with the egg that's currently on my face?" Wufan asks. He's very, very serious and angry at the moment, what is made quite obvious by the fact that his face is showing.

The face usually doesn't provoke a big reaction from the boys, it's just a little uncomfortable. And in some situations the face makes them giggle. Just like in this one the face almost is (because of the egg on the boy's face), but helpful Chanshik and Sungyeol push Chanyeol forward knowing he'll take care of any possible danger.

"So... What were you doing here?" Chanshik asks quietly getting the book and looking at the open pages. Sungyeol makes a few steps to the boy and starts explaining how they got to the part with the flying egg.

Meanwhile Chanyeol only smiles happily grabbing a paper towel roll from the table, tearing off a piece and makes his way to the older boy.

"I'm sorry. I was just holding an egg and you surprised me," Chanyeol says as he starts wiping Wufan's face. "I was about to use the egg, for the cake."

Wufan just leans on the door-frame and wraps his hands around Chanyeol's waist, making the younger boy move closer.

"You were pretty much waving the egg."

"Sungyeol-hyung made me laugh. Something about being ready to get dirty."

Chanyeol grins wider stopping the wiping for a moment as he sees Wufan struggling to keep his face on, only his trying is not really working as one brow and the corners of his mouth rise a bit at Chanyeol's words.

"Being ready to get dirty, hm?" Wufan murmurs as his eyes get this happy, sneaky twinkle.

A few moments later Chanshik is about to ask Sungyeol why would he agree for both cake and cookies, when the two boys hear quite disturbing but very familiar sounds.

They turn their heads to look and, yeah, there are Wufan and Chanyeol kissing and doing a very good job at ignoring the fact they're not alone in the room.

Chanshik and Sungyeol are close to deciding whether to snort or giggle, which would take about two or three seconds, when they see the two busy boys stopping and moving away from the other with quite an unhappy grimace on each boys' face. The two not busy boys take a moment to wonder what's wrong but then they notice Chanyeol spitting something onto the piece of paper towel he's holding.

It seems like a Raw Egg Kiss isn't nearly as good as a Candy Kiss or other sweet kinds.

The thought makes Chanshik and Sungyeol giggle. The other two just decide to ignore them while rolling eyes at the immature friends.

Chanyeol takes another piece of paper towel (still their favorite one, with ladybugs on it) and continues wiping Wufan's face. Then suddenly he notices that along with the egg now he's wiping the flour as well, but decides not to comment on it.

"How about helping us with the cake and cookies, hyung?" Chanyeol asks, when Wufan's face looks almost as perfect as it's supposed to (to fully succeed they'll need some water, but that's for later). The boy is smiling happily and Wufan finds himself not being able to say no to Chanyeol as well.


*


"I'm done~" Junhyung decides after quite a lot of time. He takes a few steps back to be able to fully admire his work. After a few seconds of looking, Junhyung smiles. He's proud of himself, his talent and his art.

Having finished earlier and since then sitting on the couch, both Hyunseung and Myungsoo are staring at Junhyung's creation and grinning, because the thing is just priceless. Their own works are amazing, but Junhyung's just... It beats everything.

"Hey, how is doi-" Sungyeol makes a step into the room and then stops seeing the wall in front of him. Or, well, the art on that wall. A few seconds later Chanshik comes and then Wufan and Chanyeol follow him.

And all of them spend quite a moment standing and staring at the wall.

"Did you put something weird into that dough? I don't know, crack, maybe?" Finally Wufan says something. "It would explain why I'm seeing things... Things like a big, yellow Pokemon on the wall?"

"It's Pikachu." Chanyeol says helpfully.

"Hyunseung-hyung found paint cans in the basement." Myungsoo grins happily.

"Oh." Wufan decides it's another very possible explanation, besides the one with Sungyeol and Chanyeol sneaking crack into the dough.

Then Chanshik looks at the other walls and gasps seeing that there's even more art that happened today.

"Woah~"

Everyone look at the other two walls as well.

First is the one on the left wall. It's more like an artsy, abstract thingy with a lot of colors and not really tangible shapes. They're not really sure what exactly was painted, but considering in the center there's something that looks either like an elephant or umbrella, the boys think the author is Hyunseung. Also, there are quite a lot of little stars scattered all over the wall and one little chick hidden in the right corner. At least they assume so, but they can't be sure if they're right about what the few more sensible shapes are.

Then after the boys' minds kind of sort of accepted what they're seeing, they look at the third wall.

If they are to be honest, it looks like a painting of a kid from kindergarten. Like, either a kid that's around 180 cm tall or had a ladder, because it's just big. And, well, the boys guess the picture shows two people on a beach, walking, smiling, holding the other's hand, there are birds flying above them and there are palm-trees, and in the sea there's something that kinda-sorta-maybe looks like a dolphin.

The two boys on the picture are supposed to be Sungyeol and Myungsoo, there's not even a question about it. At least there isn't, because Myungsoo draw their names and two little arrows, too.

After a few more moments of admiring the art, five of the boys look at Sungyeol to see how he's going to maybe react to Myungsoo's picture. Myungsoo's just looking at the window and smiling shyly.

Slowly Sungyeol moves his eyes to Myungsoo. His expression is quite unreadable as the boy starts approaching the younger one who's still looking everywhere but not at the other. Sungyeol stands next to where Myungsoo's sitting, grabs his hand and make him stand up.

Myungsoo finally looks at the older boy.

Then Sungyeol grins and ignores how Myungsoo's clothes are in paint and there's some on his face and how Sungyeol himself has quite a lot of flour and cacao powder on him and just wraps his hands around the boy's waist and pulls him closer and finally kisses him.

The others can't really say it wasn't expected.

Only then the two don't really seem to mind that there are five more boys in the room, who notice that suddenly Sungyeol's hands are under the younger's shirt and one of Myungsoo's hands is on Sungyeol's chin and the other's fingers are buried into his hair, and they think it's getting a little uncomfortable.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo feels something weird, sticky on his fingers, so he moves his hand back and stops the kiss to look and find out what's that, but only manages to notice it's something brown, before Sungyeol moves his head forward and catches Myungsoo's lips in a kiss again. And just for Myungsoo to lose the interest in the sticky substance, Sungyeol makes the kiss even less innocent.

The boys just gasps at that.

"Get a room!" Junhyung grimaces.

Not surprisingly, he gets ignored.

"Yah!" Junhyung throws the brush at the boys and hits just the center of the white, quite big spot at Sungyeol's back.

(Why does Sungyeol have white spots on him?, Junhyung and Hyunseung wonder.)

Finally the two boys break the kiss and Myungsoo looks at Junhyung rolling his eyes.

"Ok~" Sungyeol grabs Myungsoo's hand (the blue one, that was on Sungyeol's chin and made it blue as well, but he doesn't know that yet and isn't going to notice or care anytime soon) and starts pulling the boy out of the room. In a few seconds they're gone and for a moment there's this weird silence going on between the five boys that are left.

"You're not getting to your room anytime soon~" Chanyeol says to Chanshik while grinning happily. Wufan snickers at that. Chanshik's not pleased and hopes that this time the two are going to stay away from his and Sunwoo's bed.

Junhyung goes to the couch, sits next to Hyunseung and curiously looks at the other three that still are standing in the doorway.

"So will you finally explain why you are partly white or brown?"

"We were baking~" Chanyeol happily says as the three make their way to the couch. He sits on the free space that's left and then grabs Wufan's hand, pulls the older boy and makes him sit on his lap. Chanshik squeezes himself partly on the couch and partly on Hyunseung.

"It doesn't explain why you look like this."

"Well, you were painting and now you're almost all yellow." Wufan sticks his tongue out at Junhyung.

And Chanshik is a polite kid, so he wants to cover his mouth and pretends he's not giggling at his hyung. So he does, but then out of the corner of his eye Chanshik notices his finger being green. He moves his hand and sees his whole palm is green. So he looks at where his hand was a moment ago, meaning Hyunseung's thigh, which indeed is green, too, instead of having that clean-trouser-y color.

Chanshik frowns at Hyunseung. The boy only smiles. And then he starts laughing. Also, the other three don't even try to pretend as he looks at them, they're openly laughing at the palm printed on the youngest's face.

Maybe Chanshik is a polite boy, but sometimes he can be evil. Like now. Like just at this moment when he uses the fact that his hyungs are distracted while laughing at him and he moves quickly and puts his palm on Wufan's face for a moment (because the older's closer than Chanyeol and the other two already have paint on their faces).

Which makes Wufan frown and the other three just keeps laughing and now even Chanshik starts giggling.

But Wufan isn't an innocent person as well, so he kisses Chanyeol's lips shortly and when he gets the boy a little surprised and distracted with the kiss, he touches his own chin to the one of the younger's.

Now it's fair and everyone have paint on them (and with Chanshik almost sitting on Hyunseung it's only Junhyung who doesn't have flour on him, but that's going to change for sure as well), so they're all laughing.

But, obviously, it doesn't last forever.

"Yay, we finished~ And, like always, I destroyed Sun-... What the hell?" When Baekhyun stomps into the living room with a smile and loud yell, the happiness disappears and the words stop almost immediately as the boy sees the wall. He makes a few steps back, colliding with Sunwoo who's just coming into the room. The younger boy wants to whine at Baekhyun and for him to be careful of how he's walking (and what/who into), but then Sunwoo notices the surprised face and look at whatever the older is probably looking at.

He shares the feeling of surprise.

"What is this yellow rat doing on the wall?"

"Yah, kid! It's not a rat!"

 

 

#

How much of a tease should I be~? Because the opportunities will come very soon. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚'✿