Chapter 2, Because Shopping For Plasters Is Fun

The Importance of Paper Towels, Pens and Weird Names

"We're here." Sunwoo knocks at the door. Then it takes a moment till they hear someone coming to the door and then another bigger moment till the door is opened for them.

Well, nobody should blame them for being quite paranoid and blocking the door with a few things to make it at least pretty difficult to get inside (not "impossible to get inside", because that ridiculous thing that has been happening for over a month kind of helped them to learn that the only impossible thing is something being impossible... which still sounds just as weird as when Hyunseung tried to explain it the first time).

"Come in" is what they hear before the door is even fully opened and they can see Hyunseung and Myungsoo in their full, healthy glory (and they're panting a bit, since moving a closet, couch and a few hardly smaller things isn't really a fun thing to do).

So both Sunwoo and Chanshik do come in and they give their best to do it quickly and disappear into the other room. Unfortunately, it's once again that moment when it doesn't matter whether you're a hyung, dongsaeng or grandma, it's the speed and ability to survive that count. Which is why Sunwoo finds himself not really being able to go away as Myungsoo's hand grabs his shirt while Chanshik is not even in the room anymore.

"You're helping." Hyunseung smiles at him. But Sunwoo knows how it looks: the last one to come is usually made to have "the most fun" with moving the furniture, the last one ignores the fact and they all end up being as lazy and slow as possible trying to make the others work harder... As in: so much fun.


*


"Woah~"

Chanshik jumps at the couch the same moment he appears in the living room. He pretty much ignores the fact that there are two people sitting on it and one of them is definitely going to turn into a nagging machine in the next few seconds, but this couch is bigger than the door one, and it's fluffy and nice and just so warm.

"Chanshik, you were said multiple times: don't jump at people." Oh, and here it starts.

"But, hyung~" But when the nagging starts, the aegyo starts, too. Chanshik's not the maknae of the group for nothing. "I just missed you." The boy hugs Junhyung.

The nagging machine turns off.

"What about me? I'm not important, then?" Chanshik turns to look at the boy he's sitting on. "I feel really hurt right now, Little Channie." Sungyeol pouts.

"Of course, you're important, hyung." Chanshik abandons Junhyung to move and hug the other boy, who happily hugs him back with just as much energy.

"And I don't count here at all, do I?" Another attention-seeking, pouting hyung appears from the kitchen. Only this one is holding chocolate in his hand and just this reason is a reason enough for Chanshik to even more happily abandon the other two and run to jump into Chanyeol's arms... And then steal the chocolate, when the boy isn't paying attention.

"Channie-hyung, how can you even think like this~" Chanshik is already so close to the choco-... to one of his eight favorite hyungs, when a hand grabs his wrist and pulls him back to the couch.

"What's this?" Sungyeol asks, but he isn't really waiting for an answer as he just starts unfolding Chanshik's finger out of the ladybugs-decorated piece of paper towel.

"What happened?" Chanyeol asks, sitting on the carpet in front of the couch, and moves to observe the very complicated operation of getting rid of the paper towel that Sungyeol's performing. And Junhyung isn't any better than Chanyeol as well, watching that, too.

Chanshik doesn't really know whether to feel happy about being quite literally surrounded by his hyungs' attention and care and love or feel a little, well, surrounded.

"It looks like it's done with a knife," Sungyeol decides as the very complicated operation is over.

"A knife?"

Suddenly Chanshik's finger loses all the attention it was getting a moment before to the boy's face.


*


Sunwoo sighs.

They're finally done with the couch, the final piece of the furniture and once again you can't even see there is a door behind all this crap.

He finally can go and get a little rest.

Finally.

"We're back. Open the door~" He hears Baekhyun's voice and his happy knocking.

"Dammit." He also hears Myungsoo that's standing next to him.

Sunwoo only sighs again.


*


"And it's only one of the reason why I told you not to go away by yourself!" The nagging machine is back, but this time Chanyeol is its victim.

"But, hyung, you were busy moving those boxes with hyung and there wasn't really enough space for me to help and I just noticed that pharmacy and I remembered a few things hyung put on the list and I thought that I'll go to check. There wasn't any zombie around, so I thought that it'll be fine. And it was."

Chanshik's pretty thankful he's been here since the beginning of the story as the amount of hyungs might seem a little confusing as Baekhyun's face is indicating he's being quite confused. The boy hasn't been in the room for more than twenty seconds and hasn't even stepped inside actually, but he already feels like he's missed quite a lot.

"It was fine, because all the zombies were chasing our Little Channie. While you were alone. Shopping for plasters."

"And the Hello Kitty plasters are going to come in handy now." Chanyeol takes out the little pink box out of pocket. Junhyung can only stare, because he just kind of only joked, he didn't really think the younger boy'd really bring any plasters with him. "But I found the batt-"

"!" is what Chanyeol is cut off by. Along with a smack to his head.

"Hyung!" Chanyeol whines and turns to look at Wufan. Of course, he doesn't forget to pout as well.

Chanshik smiles at the similarity of the situation.

"You know I hate when you do such things."

Chanshik barely stops himself from giggling.

"Oh, cute plasters~" Sungyeol grabs the pink box from Chanyeol's hand as he's coming back to sit on the couch and holding his little rainbow-colored trunk that's full of weird, not-cool things. He puts it on the floor and opens.

"I told you not to do this. Don't go away by yourself." Wufan sits down next to Chanyeol and hugs him. "You know that's dangerous."

And here comes the kind of awkward, kind of uncomfortable silence, as Chanyeol pretty much glues himself to Wufan, and the others just try not to say or think anything as not even one of those things that could form in their heads or come from their mouth would be a nice one.

Because it's always dangerous and they all know it.

Chanshik sees the not-cool stuff that Sungyeol takes out of the Rainbow Trunk and turns his head to the left. Baekhyun knows what that feels like and he looks just in the same direction.

Just in time to see Myungsoo coming in to the room with that calm expression of his, but both boys already know him enough to be able to say it's not really that natural one. And just as Myungsoo wants to calmly approach the gathering that's happening on and around the Nice Couch, Sunwoo appears next to him and he's wearing his mean smile.

"Myungsoo, my friend, we're not done yet," Sunwoo says as his mean smile is growing, grabs Myungsoo's wrist and starts pulling him back to the corridor.

Baekhyun and Chanshik only look at each other amused, when the other two boys disappear again.

"Ouch!" Chanshik tries to take back his hand from Sungyeol's grasp as he feels the scary stinging, but the older boy isn't stupid and his hold is strong.

Stupid, um, hydrogen peroxide or whatever. Stupid antiseptic thingy. It stings. Kind of. But a lot.

"Not cool," Chanshik murmurs after a moment while looking at his finger decorated with a happy Hello Kitty plaster.


*


Sungyeol comes back from the kitchen, what is the usual place to keep his Rainbow Trunk. He's still amused by the name, but he believes it helps a lot and somehow makes them closer, creating weird names for things.

Also, there's this lovely fact that he's been the one taking care of the Rainbow Trunk since the very beginning. It was the second day after the first six of them formed a group and Sungyeol was treating that small, ugly wound on Baekhyun's arm, when Sunwoo was like "You're quite good at this~". So Sungyeol told that little story about him being tiny Sungyeol and already back then being tall and having too long legs for his age, but being clumsy as well, so he kept falling a lot and getting in trouble in general. Therefore having various wounds taken care of and later taking care of them himself became quite an usual thing. Also Sungyeol's younger brother was only partly better at managing himself, so that gave Sungyeol even more practice.

Only when Sungyeol finished his little story, he looked at the other boys and noticed four of them looking at each other in quite a weird way (and Myungsoo wasn't helping either, just giggling and trying to pretend he's not). And then Sungyeol didn't even notice as he suddenly ended up as the nurse of the group (or "the doctor", but he's called that only when someone wants something). Sungyeol could only roll his eyes at the boys. And he did so a lot, he was the oldest back then, he was totally allowed to.

But if Sungyeol is to be honest, it feels nice, being important, counted on and able to help, when something happens. And it might feel so nice that maybe, just maybe, Sungyeol might have a few medical books in Myungsoo and his car that he reads whenever they're going somewhere and Myungsoo's the one driving.

And then Sungyeol steps into the main room and sees Baekhyun taking pens out of a box and feels like it won't be anytime soon that he'll stop being needed here.

"Pens? Really?" Baekhyun looks at Sunwoo as it was him, who brought the box.

"Yeah, could be useful." Sunwoo looks back at Baekhyun with a challenge in his eyes.

Baekhyun only laughs.

"How can pens be useful? I mean, one or two, yeah, somehow, rarely, but a full box?"

"If you have no gun or knife, everything can be useful," Sunwoo decides, which only makes Baekhyun laugh harder.

He's not the only one as the rest of boys are giggling as well, but their reason is a little bit different: at those two. Though the others feel like it would be nicer if they didn't fight. But, yeah, using a pen to kill a zombie does seem a little silly, though on the other hand when in need one uses anything that can be found.

"You know, you hold it like this." Sunwoo makes a fist holding one of the pens. "And then you move your hand, very quickly," Sunwoo does, "trying to aim the forehead. Or the head. Or eyes could be the best."

The demonstration doesn't help Baekhyun to calm down as it looks totally funny.

"Okay then, I'll take some. You know, just in case." Baekhyun says still laughing, takes two and puts them into his pocket.

"Do you think it's still fine? Maybe?" Junhyung points at a few little bottles of milk, trying to distract everyone from the pens thing. "It was in the market's fridge all this time and electricity obviously haven't been working, but I doubt anyone opened the fridge, so I'm not sure."

Immediately everyone's attention is at the bottles. And it's not just milk, it's banana milk, strawberry milk, chocolate milk and a few more flavors as well. And the bottles look so beautiful to the boys.

"They're totally fine~" someone decides.