Chapter 6 - Those That Walk With Her

Probability of Falling in Love

 

The light rays of sunlight that barely peeked though the curtains awakened her from her sleep.

Sooyoung opened her eyes that morning with what seemed to be a smile formed along her delicate lips. Her mobile dangled in the palm of her small hands. It was then that she remembered the late night chatter she had with Siwon. Upon her call log, was the evidence of their long discussions about this and that which carried on endlessly into the late night. She had grown accustomed to the sound of his voice and the idea of hearing it daily became a secret desire.

 

Downstairs, she was greeted with an overly curious Hyoyeon who said nothing, but shot her sly winks. It was always the dancing diva that had the ability to fish out the others’ small secrets; although, in Sooyoung’s case, she was determined in keeping her interest in Siwon hidden. A small part of her wanted to share her thoughts of the tall, dark, and handsome fellow to someone but she didn’t know exactly what she was feeling. She blamed it all on her hormones; on the fact that her time of the month was slowly approaching. That was her reasoning as to why she was so emotional….at least that’s what she convinced herself.

 

“If you’re going to do something with someone as in decide to be something together, then you need to tell us arasso?” Taeyeon mumbled in between her spoonfuls of cereal.

The eldest of the group, had this way of sounding completely intimidating despite her tiny figure that often matched her childish and playful behavior. Along with it, her choice of wording her commands often ended up as mind twisters. What exactly did she say?

That was the reason why Sooyoung decided to never speak of Choi Siwon being anything more than a friend; although, the friend zone was slowly getting smaller.

All that they had planned for her was finding a form of company in the guy, so that was exactly what Sooyoung decided to allow them to know. Nothing more and nothing less.

At least for now.

 

“So what happened yesterday after we all went our separate ways?” Hyoyeon casually sang out while trying hard not to sound overly excited.

“We went out to grab something sweet to eat,” Sooyoung easily replied as she reached for a slice of toast. She continued on with recalling the events of the previous night in perfect detail with the exception of mentioning absolutely nothing of the presence of Kyuhyun who had happened to reappear that night.

 

Hyoyeon frowned at the end of the story while a quiet Taeyeon equally showcased the dissatisfaction of the lack of amusement that occurred. Sooyoung noticed the quiet atmosphere that suddenly draped over the kitchen when she suddenly laughed.

“Well it’s not like I’m going to marry the guy after the first date…”

 

“So how about the second?” Siwon appeared under the doorway, a soft smile painted on his face as he waved at the shocked Sooyoung.

 

She was extremely embarrassed about the fact that she was completely dressed in her pajamas, hair tied up in a hot mess, and crumbs of toast placed along her chin. Moreover, she was embarrassed about the fact that he had heard what she just said. She was mentally kicking herself, yelling at how foolish she was. She scrunched her face as she tried desperately to dust herself up.

Siwon found it cute. The way she was flustered, the way she shoved the piece of bread hurriedly into before her hands became busy at fixing her clothes.

 

“W-W-What are you doing here?” She was still in disbelief at his sudden appearance.

“I have a spare class this morning and it’s a day off from practice. We agreed to go check out that bookstore.”

“She has school,” Taeyeon interrupted as she stared at the two who were caught in their own little world. “Her class starts in two  hours…”

 

“But yesterday…” Siwon’s face grew concerned. “We talked until it was probably 5--“

Sooyoung grabbed him by the wrist before he could finish. She dragged his long body until she shoved him in her bedroom. She wasn’t going let him slip out anymore details about their conversation. After all, she honestly started to get drowsy half way though the hours they spent. If the others knew of her 5AM phone calls, she knew she’d never hear the end of it.

 

“I’m sorry…I didn’t know it was a secret,” He apologized even before she spoke one word.

 

Once again, he seemed to know her without him trying. It often took her by surprise at how someone she had just met literally a day ago understood her so well.

“If I knew you had school, I would have hung up much earlier yesterday…mianhae.”

“No no no~ don’t worry. It was fun,” Sooyoung shook her hands, trying to reassure him that she didn’t regret it one bit.

 

“Ah, good because honestly, I didn’t--“

“-want to,” she said as she finished off his sentence with a smile. She somehow grew to know him just as well.

 

“Alright no more time to waste, I’ll let you get ready.” He walked towards her and gently patted her on the head. Her hair was ruffled miserably like a pile of fallen leaves, but he thought she was stunning nonetheless.

She watched him walk out, his long legs gliding along her floor and his perfect straight back descending away.

 

 

It took her 40mins before Sooyoung happily sang her way down the stairs. Clumsily, she tripped on the last stair and fumbled into the ground as his presence reappeared. He was happily munching on random pieces of food, slurping down a glass of orange juice with the girls. It looked so natural the way he was placed there with them all.

Choi Siwon had never once left.

 

When she was convinced that he did, he surprised her once more by actually waiting for her. For another time that day, she was embarrassed. She was on a roll she thought, the amount of times one could make a fool of themselves. She should’ve gotten ready more quickly she sighed as she reached out for Jessica's hand who had witnessed her fall.

Her long time friend was laughing uncontrollably, her eyes somewhat twitching because she was holding it all in. She shot Sooyoung a look that said it all, that reassured her that her dongsaeng really liked the guy who was casually eating in their kitchen.

“I approve~” Jessoca cooed before walking away. “Siwon-ssi, she’s all yours now.”

 

 

 

“You really didn’t need to walk with me to school…thank you.”

“It’s fine. Besides, this will be considered as my daily exercise…so no worry, thank you.” Siwon laughed as he dropped her at the front gate of the premises before headed elsewhere.

 

 

Kyuhyun watched from the side close by.

 

“Hey, Sooyoung!” He called out as he ran towards her before punching her lightly on the shoulder.

“You again…” Sooyoung eyed the guy before laughing at the horrible state he was in.

 

His shirt was not properly buttoned, shoelaces undone, and hair indescribably messy. The fact was that he couldn’t sleep the other day. He was yawning almost as much as he breathes and he smelled kind of iffy.

 

“Stay at least two steps away from me if you’re going to walk somewhat close to me,” Sooyoung complained before shoving him a bit further.

 

“Was walking you to school his compensation for ditching you last night?” Kyuhyun playfully asked as he grabbed a perfectly clean folded Kleenex from his pocket and began shredding it to small pieces, perfect for ammo in shooting it her way.

“He didn’t ditch me, pabo.” She retaliated as she shielded herself with her small hands from his constant annoying attacks with his tissue paper.

“Is he going to pick you up from school today?”

 

He didn’t understand why he asked that, but somewhat wondered about the answer once it slipped out his mouth. He waited for her reply, but she remained silent. He didn’t realize that she had stopped walking and in no time, his feet got caught as he bumped into her from the back.

 

“Yah! Why are you suddenly causing traffic?” He complained as he rubbed the small spots of pain from the hit. “Violation of the walking rule!”

 

Sooyoung was dumbfounded once more. Every time, she found herself astonished by the strange alien of a guy that was named Cho Kyuhyun. She had known him for years, but in a way knew nothing about him. After last night, she thought something had changed, that maybe he was human after all, but  he remained to be the same odd fellow.

 

“What do you want from me? Hmm?” She was growing annoyed of his games, or whatever it was that he would always do.

“Is he going to pick you up from school today?”  He asked once more.

Sooyoung had never thought of the idea, “No. I dunno…maybe, but probably not.”

 

 

 

“Want me to walk you home? I’ll meet you at the gate later.”

 

Silence.

 

Kyuhyun looked serious. Sounded serious. It was new for Sooyoung to take it all in so she remained there in a frozen state, unsure what exactly to do or even say.

 

 

“Jokingggggg~ AHAHAHA~” He laughed as he threw the last bits of crumpled Kleenex above her like tiny snowflakes.

 

He walked away casually humming some random distorted noise, never once slowing down or looking back.

 

 

That day after school, no silhouette appeared at the gate.

Sooyoung was in no way waiting for any of them, nor was she expecting one of the two to appear. But little did she know, that deep down, she was a tiny…TINY bit disappointed.