Apology

My Gay Bestfriend That I Wish To Be My Boyfriend

 

It was time for school again; you went down the stairs and went to the kitchen. Eunji was setting up the table. “~~~~~-ah, have a sit. I’ve prepared breakfast.” Eunji beamed at her sister. You smiled and asked, “You’re extra happy today.” “You noticed?” Eunji said. “Why? Something happened?!” You asked your sister, interested. “I’m going out with Woohyun today. I’m just excited.” Eunji clasped her hand together. “Ohhhhh. Well, have fun unnie!” You cheered.

After eating your breakfast, you went to school right away. As you were walking, you noticed a familiar car nearby. The door opened and you see a happy Youngwon waving at you. *Why do people are so happy today?* You shook your head and waved at Youngwon. “Good morning oppa!” You greeted. “Good morning ~~~~-ah! I’ll take you to school.” He offered. Of course, you couldn’t say no because Youngwon pulled you inside his car already. “Uhm, thanks?” You said and Youngwon just smiled genuinely.  You looked at Youngwon and you remembered what happened when he brought you home during Heeyeon’s birthday. Your cheeks turned pink and you quickly look away. *Aish! ~~~~~, what were you thinking!?* You shook your head. “Something wrong?” Youngwon titled his head and looked at you. “Huh?! A-ani. Nothing’s wrong.” You meekly smiled. The car arrived at school. Both of you went out the car and the sight of you two together made the people whisper with each other.

“Ahhh! It’s Youngwon Oppa!”

“Are they dating?!”

“What do oppa sees in her? She’s not even pretty.”

“Stop that, you’re just jealous.”

“Youngwon sunbae and ~~~~~ look cute together.”

Key, who was with his senior friends, looked up when he heard your name. *~~~~~ and Youngwon sunbae? No way.* He saw you and Youngwon together and his heart responded strangely. *What was that?* He clutched onto his chest and looked at you once again. “Yah! Key! Let’s go!” His senior friends called. “Neh!” Key just shrugged it off and followed his friend inside the campus.

Meanwhile, you were still with Youngwon. You heard your schoolmates and you slightly blushed and feel embarrassed. As if Youngwon had read your mind he abruptly said, “Don’t be embarrassed. It’s okay, let them be.” Youngwon smiled at you. Youngwon walked to your homeroom class. “See you later, at lunch?” He asked. “Huh?!” You asked. “Bring Heeyeon along with you.” He said and left. You titled your head and went inside your room. *He always leaves me so speechless.*

You saw Key walked inside the room. The two of you looked at each other. You were still disappointed at him for not coming at Heeyeon’s birthday so you looked away. Key softened and sighed. *She must be mad at me still. If she’s mad at me, then what about Heeyeon?* That thought made him depressed. You were surprised that Heeyeon was absent today. You were worried that something bad happened to her. Key was also worried about her, so instead of apologizing to Heeyeon today, he would just apologize to you first.

The first two periods finished already and the next subject you’ll have will be PE. You went to the girls’ locker room to change. Key also went to the boys’ locker room to change into a PE uniform. After he changed, he waited for you outside so that the two of you could talk. You went out of the room and you slightly jumped when you saw Key outside the door. He scratched the back of his neck, not knowing what to say so you just passed by him. He let out a sigh and grabbed your wrist. “~~~~~~, wait!” He turned you around so that he would face you. Your heart was pounding really hard when you looked at his handsome face. *No! Heart, stop that!* You told to yourself.

“~~~~. About Heeyeon’s birthday.” He spoke. You snapped out of your daze. “Yeah, you ditched us, you ditched Heeyeon!” You mumbled. “I know, I forgot and I’m sorry.” He said with sincerity in his eyes. “Don’t apologize to me, apologize to Heeyeon.” You turned to go but Key grabbed you again.

“No. I hurt the both of you, so I must apologize to you too. Please forgive me.” You softened; of course you won’t be mad at him forever. *Everybody deserves a second chance right?* “Arasso, I forgive you.” Key smiled. “But, you’re not fully forgiven.” “What?” Key’s jaw dropped. You crossed your arms. “Heeyeon must forgive you too.” “Aigoo.” Key sighed. You bit your lips to prevent yourself from smiling. “I’ll be going now!” You turned to leave and walked away when you did there’s a playful smile on your face. “~~~~~! Wait for me!” Key called for you and caught up with you. The two of you went to PE class together.