Chapter One: The Beginning

My Superstar Neighbour

 

CHAPTER one; the beginning


page-divider-105.gif 

"Thankyou!" Sumin cheered before shutting the door to the taxi. Straightening her shirt, Sumin closed her eyes as she felt the wind gush through her hair, slowly making it's way towards her delicate face. Checking the time on her wristwatch, she realized she was just in time. Just in time for her first day of training, in SM Entertainment. Opening the door to the luxurious building, Sumin couldn't help but gulp when realizing where she was. She made it. Her long life dream of becoming a singer was actually going to come tr-

"Um, excuse me can I help you?" Sumin was suddenly snapped out of her trance by the receptionist lady who look no taller than 5 foot 9. "Umm i-it's my first day of training here" Sumin stuttered as she felt the heat slowly rise up to her cheeks. After getting herself checked in and signing a few papers, Sumin was lead into a room full of other trainees, both male and females. Other's practiced while some kept to themselves, keeping the competition in tact. Suddenly, a familiar figure walked in. It was BoA. After a 10 minute welcome speech and introduction, the group of trainees were split into groups where each day, every group would train in different areas. Sumin was assigned to train in language for the day. After settling in, Sumin soon found training quite easy to the point where she actually found herself tutoring others. 

"Wooow! Your Japanese is so good!" Areum, a trainee in Sumin's group, awed in shock as Sumin spoke fluent in Japanese. "Thanks, I spent part of my childhood in Japan" Sumin smiled, making Areum once again surprised. By then, news filtered around amongst the new trainees and Sumin was now envied by everyone. 

------ 

He smirked as he eyed the beauty before him. Dressed in a simple, white dress, he eyed the women as his eyes suddenly landed on her bare, smooth neck. Just then, a small whimper escaped out of her perfectly, defined lips as she stepped back, knocking the chair behind her. By then, Jaejoong wanted her. Stepping forward, his eyes never leaving hers, the damsel made an effort of escaping from his firm, strong grip but to her dismay, she couldn't. Jaejoong slowly bit his lips as his gaze was now filled with lust, moving forward, his hands strongly gripping onto her shoulders, It only took one, swift move to hear the young girl scream. Crimson liquid trickled down her neck and Jaejoong soon found her arms failing to move and her strength now shutting down. His job was done. 

"Annnnnddd CUT!" the director yelped. Various staff members approached Jaejoong, one person applying makeup to his face while the other providing him a bottle of water. Making his way towards his seat, it didn't take one gulp of water before he heard the director's heavy footsteps making his way towards him.

"That was amazing! All you had to do was just stare and already you look like a vampire!" the director said in pure bliss making Jaejoong frown. Was that a compliment?  Snapping out of his thoughts, Jaejoong jumped resulting in him dropping his bottle of water as he felt the director's hands land on his broad, shoulders. "Son, well done! Filming is over, you could go now" he said proudly as Jaejoong felt his breath moving closer towards his ear. "You better win an oscar for this" the director said in a hazy whisper. Wondering whether it was a joke or not, which he believed it wasn't, Jaejoong cleared his throat before standing up and straightening his shirt. "Uh, I should get going. Thankyou" he bowed awkwardly, running out of the set.

It was 8:30pm by the Jaejoong arrived back to his apartment. Turning on the lights, Jaejoong placed his newly bought takeaway meal on the kitchen bench as he approached, Jiji, his pet cat. "Is Jiji hungry? Is my baby hungry?" Jaejoong cooed, slightly showing off his rare aegyo skills to his pet cat. In the meantime, Sumin who was reading a few lyrics on a sheet of paper begun to sing. If she was going to become a singer in the near future, the best she could do, was to start self-training herself. Singing along to missA's 'Blankly' , Sumin sang her heart out, perfectly scoring the high and low notes. By the time Sumin finished singing, she could've sworn she heard a small thud coming from the walls. 

Jaejoong was in the middle composing a new song when suddenly he heard a sound. It was coming from his neighbor. With curiosity hitting him, Jaejoong placed his ears on the wall attempting to listen with what was going on. From the sounds of the audio playing, it was a ballad. No longer interested, Jaejoong stepped away but suddenly stopped again when hearing a voice. 

Sumin's voice. 

It was as if he was in a trance, his world on pause and that one, single voice playing with his feelings. Jaejoong craved to hear more.  

 

 

Author's Notes;  First chapter is up! BOOOOO...gosh, this chapter was so rushed that it doesn't seem too interesting. Please, I really do appreciate it if you guy's comment <3 

 

» layout credit