♪ Baek nd Reth's Moment (?)

♥ A Bet For Popularity or Love? ♥ [moved to sungjaeismyman]

 

~ Chapter 4 ~



Reth turned silent as she touches her pocket and found out that the ring wasn't there already. "OMG!!!" Reth shouted. Baekhyun was surprised and asked her what's wrong. "My ring, my ring is missing!" Reth was panicking and looking around on the possible place where she should've dropped it, her eyes started to water as she found it nowhere and ran to the canteen, the park and at their past classroom. Baekhyun was following her around and by the time she reached their Literature classroom and founded nothing, she broke down on her knees as if it wasn't injured and started crying real hard.


Baekhyun felt pity and kneeled down as well as he started the back of Reth. "It's all over," Reth sobs. "What was it? I can see it's really important to you." Baekhyun asked. "It's the only thing i treasure the most, all my life. It was a very special thing, my life almost revolved around it. It gives me strength and inspires me with everything I do." Reth confessed as she cries harder. "Someone gave it to you before?" Baekhyun asked and Reth nodded as a sign of yes.


"Don't worry Reth, you'll find it. I'll be helping you find it." Baek said as he put his arms around Reth and helped her get up. Reth and Baekhyun stood up but Reth is still crying and sobbing. Baekhyun wiped some of Reth's tears and Reth hugged Baekhyun, he was surprised and left his hand hanging on the sides of his body with his eyes wide open. "Thank you Baekhyun." as she hugs harder, Baekhyun started lifting his arms to hug her back but Reth pushed herself away.


"I'm sorry" Reth said as she wipe off her tears. "I shouldn't have done that, I was carried away. I really feel bad." Reth added. "It's okay Reth, cheer up," Baek said and the bell rings. "It's time for our next subject, let's go?" Baek gave out his hand as a sign for her to hold his hand and let him lead her, Reth held his hand but refuses to go.


"What's wrong?" Baek asked. "I don't think I can do this, I'll just go home. I'm not feeling well now." Reth's eyes were teary again. Baekhyun got her message and knew that she isn't feeling well of what happened. "Do you want me to take you home?" Baekhyun offered. "But you still have class," Reth answered~ "It's okay~ I can't see you like this, I'll be taking you home, okay? I'm pretty sure we won't miss a lot by a one hour class, right? And besides, I have no more class after Math 110 too." Baek insisted.


Reth just smiled and nodded. Baek started to walk while holding her hands. They've reached the parking lot and Baek let Reth ride his car and they headed to Reth's house.


"Dad I'm home! And I'm with a friend." Reth called but no man answered. "Eh? Where's dad?" as Reht heads to the kitchen, she founded a note at the fridge saying


~ "Reth baby, I'll be away from home until tomorrow afternoon. I'm sorry this is so sudden, I need to finish a work and we'll be at the field tonight, here's the number of a possible homeservice if you need one -no. 151xxxxxx- ; I'll see you tomorrow? Please take care of yourself well. There are foods in the fridge. I love you!"


"Aish. Dad won't be home until tomorrow." Reth said with a disappointed manner. "Oh? So you'll be alone here, all night?" Baek asked. "Yeah. More likely." Reth answered as she threw away the note her dad wrote because of irritation by the fact that she'll be spending the night alone in such a big house.


"Wouldn't it be dangerous for you? You're a girl and being alone here isn't really a good idea." Baekhyun said worriedly. "I know right?" Reth said as she roll her eyes. "Uh, wanna stay for dinner?" Reth gets back to Baek. "Uhhhm~" Baek scratched the back of his head. "Pleaaassseeee? I don't wnt to spend dinner alone, it's so lonely." Reth pouted. "Okay then!" Baekhyun smiled.


Reth was about to get back to the kitchen to get something until she stopped and started feeling dizzy. "Ouch, my head." Reth touched her forehead and held on onto the closest thing she could reahc for her not to fall. "OMO RETH, YOU OKAY?" Baek hurriedly ran after her and Reth fainted. "OMO OMO OMO." Baek sitted on the floor with Reth on his lap, he carried Reth into her room and calls his mom.


"Umma? Hello? Are you home? Umma! I need you, please come here? My friend fainted and I don't know what to do!" Baekhyun called his mom, as his mom is actually a nurse. "I have duty now, I'm about to go to the hospital, if it's by the way then maybe I could come, where are you?" His mom ask and Baek said the details on where they are. His mom was able to go on Reth's house and check her.


"Could you, get out of the room first, sweetie? I'll be examining her." His mom asked Baek. "O-o-okay umma~ please make her safe." Baek was worried and his mom nodded.


* on Baek's POV *


"Omo, what just happened?" Baek started talking to himself. "Eh? Why are you even worried? Tss~ let her be." Baek's other side started to speak. "Oh! Right! Why em I even worried? ~ uh, but she's too nice to me." Baek thought.


By the time Baek seen Reth crying on school just this afternoon, he felt a pinch in his heart, he can't tell what it is but it may just be pity. "Arrgh, I'm actually a good person, I'm not into this bet but i really want to! I'm sorry Reth. I just known you this afternoon but I can tell that you don't deserve this, you're too good to be played on." Baek whispers to himself.


~


The door opened. And his mom got out~ "Umma! What just happened to her?" Baek asked. "She was tired, it was from over fatigue, and I've seen her putting up her bun too tight, i let down her hair and it was still a bit wet. This may also be one of the cause of her getting dizzy but it's more of over-fatigue. She may be working hard this past few days, she just needed rest. I changed her clothes to a more comfortable one too. Later on, she'll wake up." Baek's mom mentioned.


"Ya! Is she the one?" his mom playfully smirk at Baek. "Eh?!?! NO WAY. We're jsut friends, she's a new comer!" Baek defended. "She's really gorgeous, I was surprised. I think I'll like her if ever you'll be with her." as his mom winked and pinched the cheeks of her lovely son and left Baek with a kiss. "Aish. How is she even gorgeous?! She's not even a pinch of pretty!" Baek asked as his mom was already leaving and didn't even got an answer, he entered the room quietly and carefully.


* on Baek's POV *


He was surprised with what he saw. It's a princess, lying down on her bed. He rubbed his eyes and can't believe that Reth actually really looked pretty. He gets nearer to Reth and grbbed a chair to sit beside her. His eyes travelled on her face.


"She's really gorgeous, how could I not see it on the first place?" Baek murmured as he see Reth lying down without eyeglasses and plain bun. Her eyes are lovely, it's shape are like chestnuts and she have a really long and curly eyelashes. Her cheeks are naturally reddish and her lips are as pink as a pomelo. Her skin is flawless and she got a really jawline. Her hair was brownish faded to black and her hair is silky and smoothly straight and long upto her waist.


"How could this happen?" Baek whispers. "Reth, you're drop dead gorgeous, you're nice, you're smart. You're ... perfect." Baekhyun said softly while his eyes were still glued on Reth. "Why do you hide this lovely face behind such big, weird, nerdy eyeglasses? How could you manage to tie your beautiful hair up?" Baekhyun let out a slight sigh and started to her hair and touch her face.


He comes closer to where Reth's face lies and stared at Reth's pinkish lips and gulped.


-- to be continued --


sorry for the late update~ xD i was busy for school and got to watch their concert~ OMG EXO. <3 keke! Oh well, chapter 5 is almost done too! ^^ please do look forward on it~ hwaiting! <3 Leave some comments! ^^ komawo~