♪ Reth Entered their lives.

♥ A Bet For Popularity or Love? ♥ [moved to sungjaeismyman]

 

~Chapter 1~

 

* rrriinnnnggg *

 

"Argh." Reth turned off her alarm clock in a frustrated manner and she started talking to herself "okay, it's first day of school. I can do this, i'm my mom and dad's daughter therefore I can do well. Uh, hwai~ what is the term they use to say? hwataeng? hwaitaeng? hwaittt- Yeah right forget it. " as she murmured to herself. She took a bath and headed downstairs for breakfast.

 

"Hi Dad goodmorning." as she kissed her dad's cheeks. "Goodmorning honey, are excited for school?" her father asked , "Uh, i'm not really sure dad, it's my first time here and i dont really speak Korean well, i dont know how would i be able to communicate well with my peers." answered Reth with a lot of worries. "HAHA! Don't worry, you'll be cool. You're my girl. Goodluck." as he kissed Reth's forhead for goodbye and headed to his car. "Hey dad, wait! You won't bring me to school? It's my first day!" Reth ran to him , "Nope! You got a driver! He'll be here in a moment, bye sweetie." and the car headed ~ "but daaad!! Pssh. Okay. " ~ Shortly, her driver came and brought her to school.

 

"My name is Margareth Kwon. And i used to live on United States with my mom, until she had a work to do overseas for a few years, particularly in Brazil. I can't come with her so she sent me to Korea, to my dad. They're not in good terms, they're not actually friends either. I came from a broken family, it was just when my dad got issues with other woman and my mom decided to leave him for good and she took me with her. I was 11 when they broke up and my mom raised me by her own. Now i'm already 18 and to be honest, i'm not really close with my dad. We have communicated through video calls and everything that technology could offer but it's still different. I'm just a simple girl who focus on her studies well, i study Literature and i really love Math. The way I dress? Well, the short skirt is a must since it's the school uniform and i'm really uncomfortable with it, but my own styles? Uh, flat black leather shoes with high socks, hair tightly bunned, big eyeglasses, braces, loose blouse and a backpack. How I look like? I only got white skin that i got from my dad, i'm not really tall but i have long legs, i'm not skinny and not a fatty as well. Oh, and don't forget about my cracky lips. I'm not really confident on my looks, i know i'm ugly and i think its~ OUCHH!" Reth's thoughts slipped out of her mind when a guy accidentally bumped on her and she fell on her knees. "Jeez~ seriously. How could he not help me get up first before running away nor say 'sorry' or something?" as she tried to get up but failed ~ "Aw!! Oh my gosh i'm bleeding!" as she had a wound on her left knee.

 

"Let me help you up." A random guy helped Reth up~ "Are you alright? Let me take you to the Clinic." Reth wasn't able to get up because of the wound and the pain from her knee, therefore the guy bended and pick up Reth in his arms. "Wait! You don't have to do this! I'll be good on my own!" Reth tried to get down. "Stop moving or your wound may get worst, don't even try to get down since it won't help you, you'll be hopeless by your own, you can't even get up. I'm taking you to the Clinic." Reth didn't say a thing and she just held on to the guy's neck.

 

On Reth's point of view, "Hmm, he really looks familiar. He looks like someone whom i knew before. But why would he help me? He's such a gentleman. I wonder what his name is. I'm really thankful." Reth's thoughts broke when the guy spoke "Stop staring at me, i dont like people staring at me that way. And you're welcome." and he smiled at her. Reth smiled a bit back and awkwardly looked in a different direction.

 

They arrived at the clinic and the guy landed Reth on the clinic bed and was about to leave until "Wait! I'm Reth. What's your name?", Reth asked. The guy smirked as he tells her "Kris. Call me Kris." and he left. "Kris? Haa~ i wasn't able to say thank you. He was rushing. Thank you." Reth whispered to herself.

 

On the other side, "Hey guys! I'm sorry I'm late!", Kris told his group of friends. "Yaa! You really helped the new comer? The one Baekhyun bumped into?", their group leader Luhan . "Well, i got no choice! This Baekhyun left me with no choice! He left her at the garden and she was bleeding!" Kris mentioned. "Tss, she can handle it alone. If she was good looking i would be happy to help her, but she's not. She looks like a random tofu roaming around the campus. I can't even bother looking at her." Baekhyun joked as the group laughed, "I KNOW RIGHT? Her skin is just weirdly white and she got bad fashion sense. I dont like looking at her either." Kris confessed as he laughed as well.

 

*rrriiinnnnggg*

 

As the school bell rang, everyone headed to their respected classrooms for their next subject. "Bye guys! See you later!", the group parted ways as they all have different majors.

 

~

 

"Do not over work yourself and if possible, just stay sitted. It's the best way for your wound to heal faster.", the clinic nurse told Reth. Reth left the clinic and headed to her class.

 

~

 

"Good afternoon class! We have a transferee and a new comer on the class. She's all the way from the United States and she will be joining our class from the time being. Her name is Margareth Kwon." The professor announced the class. "Good Afternoon everyone, you can all just call me Reth, i can't speak Korean very well but i hope we can all be friends. Thank you." Reth introduced. "You may now take your seat Reth. Take the vacant seat beside that guy on the right. No one sits there." as the teacher pointed the place, Reth walked and sat on her respective seat and greets her seatmate. "Hello, I'm Reth, could we be friends? I really don't have friends around and since we're seating together i hope we could sometimes hang out as well." as Reth reaches out her hand for a hand shake. "Pssh. Alright, I have no choice anyway." The guy murmured to himself. "You're saying something?" Reth confronted. "Uh no! Hehe, i'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you~ welcome!" Baekhyun smiled as he just glanced at Reth's hand and didn't even attempted to do a handshake. "Ohhhh~ kay. Hehe. Nice to meet you too, i guess. " Reth awkwardly took back her hand and smiled. "Hmm, you seem familiar." Reth get back to Baekhyun. "I was the one who bumped you a while ago, i'm sorry about it by the way. I was rushing since i need to fetch my sister." Baekhyun lied. "Ah, yeah. It's fine." Reth answered.

 

Time flew fast and the class ended. Reth and Baekhyun got out of the classroom and walked different directions. Reth decided to take a walk around the campus alone while Baekhyun called his friends for a meet up and for something he's really concerned.

 

~

 

"Guys, you won't believe it. I'm on the same class with Reth, she's also majoring on Literature! And how unlucky i am to have her as my seatmate! Screw this." Baekhyun broke the news with his friends. "You're the most unlucky guy today", Luhan teased. "I can see that too, but before anything else, what was it that you want from us? You told us you needed something?". Their group's eye-candy Lay asked. "Oh and about that, this is the thing. I need your help guys, I'll be joining the campus' Mr and Ms Eye Candy this year. And i really wanna win, i mean, i really wanna know the feeling of winning that contest and wearing the title as the campus' prettiest man." Baekhyun confessed. "What do you want us to do then?" Lay asked bluntly. "Lay, you've won and carried the title for how many years, can you give it to me even just for now? In the group, Luhan is the popular dancer, Kris is the most popular school model, Chen is doing great on leading the campus' choir that have won National awards since he handled and mentored them. Kai as the best dancer of the campus, Chanyeol as the good looking, extremely hot coach of the school's Basketball team that have been bringing home the beacon for how many years, and me? Just an ordinary pianist of the school's orchestra and not even known by a lot of people. Some people doesn't even know i'm a member of the orchestra. I wanna be as popular as you guys too." Baekhyun concluded. The group bursted into laughter , "We can give you what you want, we all have the power to do it, we're all handling different groups and clubs in the university." Chanyeol opened. "But in one condition!" Kai added. "What condition?" Baekhyun eagerly asked. "We will have a bet. Make the new comer fall inlove with you before the contest." Lay revealed the consequence. "WAIT WHAT?! You mean Reth?!" Baekhyun was shocked after hearing the bet.

 

-- to be continued --

 

that's all for now~ i hope you like it, i'm sorry it isn't really pretty yet. Most of the nice parts are on the next chapters, please do stay tuned! ;D leave some of your insights too~ keke! thank you! ^^;