Things Are Not What They Seem

Punishment

Hi readers :3

I hope you will be able to understand my writing, but this is a note to let you in on the idea of how I am going to write this fanfic.

In order to fully understand the story and the characters, please read their character teaser songs. The songs are what I will use to introduce the next chapter or character. Please please please at least read the highlighted verses. 

Each character has an important role, and it is up to you to determine who can be trusted and who cannot be. Usually texts in italics are important to keep in mind!! Our main character is Lydia Ahn, an American-born Korean who travels to Korea to meet her destiny.

The story starts out with her, and her song. Occasionally, the character frames will jump and I'll introduce another character in their p.o.v. so that you can get to know them as the story goes along. It will take me some time to update the story, but you will need to stick around for the end ;) It's a shocker.

I hope you'll fall in love with the characters like I did! I've become seriously attached to them and they have become big parts of my writer's life (kekekekeke). 

<3 DaeJaeBangHimUpnLo <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was determined that I escaped from you

But I earnestly wish you would come back again"

-Kara's Jiyoung "Wanna Do"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He shifted on the bench beside me, making the creaky bench complain with embarrassing creaks, "I'm sorry again. I didn't mean for this to happen...shall we try again?"

I let out an impatient sigh. After bumping into each other, I noticed that my directions to the place I was heading to disappeared from my fallen items. Looking almost every single corner over again and again for the last 2 hours, we still couldn't find them. I began to accept that I was stuck in a landslide. No paper, no go. It's a no go, I must abort. 

He looked like a frightened little boy who had committed the worst little kid crime of the century. Even in this state of mind, he was absolutely alluring. Something about him just made sense...but what was it?

I must have had a confused look as I was scrutinizing him because he suddenly became sly and a smile pulled the corner of his lip. He was bashful, and it made him adorable. No no no, I cannot think like this right now, I CAN'T. Snap out of it. 

"Shall we look now?" he asked again, still genuinely amused.

"No. Just give it up. It's gone for good."

After countless hours of sitting on the deteriorating bench outside the terminal watching passerby after passerby enter and exit, the slight chance of the slip of paper with my directions on it reappearing seemed non-existent. But, he got up anyways and stretched exaggeratedly, wringing his arms as if he was about to run a marathon. 

"What are you doing?" I asked hesitantly. 

He smirked handsomely and winked, nearly knocking out the last bit of breath his miraculous face left me with, "fixing my mistake."

With that, he took off around the corner, leaving me with the flushing feeling of an oncoming blush, daring to mar my palor countenance with a scarlet red. My hands shot up to my cheeks to cool them down before he came back empty-handed to find me the color of a tomato.As if I needed more pity in my day..

The sun outside was setting now, and minutes began to turn into hours. Still no sign of him. Maybe he left me? I wouldn't blame him, though I should, it was his fault. My back ached from the stooping bench and my legs were numb from sitting. I should really get up now. Just as I was rising to my feet, a finger tapped my left shoulder from behind and then a hand extended. In it, was my crumpled up directions written in my crummy handwriting. Smudges were along the lines, but it survived! 

Clutching the paper to my chest, I beamed at my savior "Thank you thank you thank you! You found it!"

His eyes were sparkling with amusement, and he chuckled at me as I shoved the paper hurriedly into my purse, this time sealing it closed. He tapped his watch, "I should get going now, it was fun."

Before he could start walking away, my voice croaked to it's loudest, non-attention grabbing volume "wait! I didn't catch your name"

The sound of smooth rubber on linoleum floor echoed as he swiveled around, hands in his pockets and grinning to his ears,

"Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo." 

Myungsoo.

"Lydia Ahn" I replied back. Myungsoo saluted and turned, continuing in the direction he was headed before lifting his hand into the air and waving it twice. A smile spread along my face without me knowing as I watched him stagger away cooly with his hands back in his trouser pockets. What surprised me the most was that the anxiety, the force that disappeared as he showed up reappeared, pulling me in the same direction as his...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I sometimes walk and stop
I look around and our eyes meet
I quickly turn my head away
I look at my toes and
then slowly look up"

-Infinite's SungGyu "60 seconds"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweat beaded along the side of my forehead as the sun continually beamed on me. After waiting for nearly 20 minutes, the plane should have landed just now. Today was like any other day, but in some ways, it would be the official start of the game. What no one knows is that I know exactly how it is going to start. And the most important part? Only I know how it will start, and he wont, again. 

Through the clear, glass revolving door, I spotted a line of people exiting the terminal from plane 209. Gotta move fast. I put on my sunglasses and headed in, although the lenses were dark, I could still pick her out of the crowd.Almost upon the moment she walked in, I could sense the feelings set into motion. The longing. The anxiety. The strong attachment and want to be next to her. But I have to hold it off.

It's not time yet. 

She walked across the crowd and lingered by the rails of the escalator, staring into space. Now is my chance. I glided towards her, careful not to impose too much, too obviously. Slow down. She might notice. About a few inches away from her I turned my head to the opposite side, feigning to see something and I felt the successful impact of my shoulder bumping into hers. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there! Let me help"

Her belongings were flown to the ground and I extended my arm for her to grab onto. She cussed, making pout in anger. My hands went to work, I helped her pick up her belongings, still apologizing. But I wasn't interesting in that. Finally! Found it. 

Before she could see, my hand swooped up the index-sized paper with an address scrawled in black ink and placed in into my pocket. 

"Are you ok?"

She nodded and walked towards the bench beside us. 

"O Geez, you should look out where you're  going, sir." She fumbled in her bag, probably double checking to see if I had taken something and gasped, "Where is it?! It was right here!" She turned her eyes towards where she had fallen and looked around the perimeter hastily.

I tried to act confused and concerned, "Did you lose something important, Miss?" 

"My address..." her voice trailed off as she continued searching.

My steps paced with her frantic hounding for the paper, and I made sure the note was unnoticeable in my pants pocket. 

"I'll help you look for it. It's my fault entirely, let me help."

"Thank you! It couldn't have gone far, there isn't any breeze to carry it away. It should be here in this section of the airport somewhere.."

We searched along each hall and crevice, but her patience wore off and she began to exhaust altogether. When we seated on the bench after what seemed to be hours of searching, I observed her more closely. Exactly the same...same personality. She never ceases to not surprise me. Her features were the only thing that ever changed. From golden-locked beauty, to beautifully dark-haired. Her eyes had a tint of green to their natural brown and her skin was an almost sickly pale color. But on her, she glowed radiantly. 

She glanced up at me and averted her eyes quickly, turning pink. How adorable. Always the same.

"Shall we try again?"

She shook her head in defeat. Now is my chance. I got up and pretended to stretch in order to make sure she couldn't catch the note in my pocket. Stunned, she asked "what are you doing?"

"I'm fixing my mistake" I replied back and took off around the corner, out of her line of vision. From my pocket, I unraveled the slightly crumped note and entered the contents into my phone. She'll probably be suspicious if I brought it to her so quickly, so i should hold off for an hour or so.

Continuing down the hall, I checked if she was following me every once in a while before routing downstairs to the food court. My eyes caught a familiar figure, and my steps halted. There, across the room, still in the same seat he was. He waited everyday since he turned 18 in that same spot, hoping to catch her before I did. But again, he failed to do so. If only he knew the trick.

Instead of re-routing around him, I continued towards him amicably. He doesn't know who I am anyways. I'll just be another face on television just like himself. I smiled first and he stood up respectfully, though he was older.

"Hello, how are you?" 

He shifted uneasily, "fine, thanks." 

His eyes did not stay focused, instead he grazed over every possible face that could be hers. I know how he works. He doesn't know when  she will get to where, he has no idea how he needs to find her. All he knows is how to pick her out from the crowd. But in order to do that, he has to see her first. And he wont as far as I'm concerned. She'll be delayed until he leaves. 

"You are Noh JiHoon, right? I'm Kim Myungsoo. I debuted before you."

He nodded and bowed 90 degrees, "It's nice to meet you, but I'm in a bit of a hurry." He started off for the elevator. At this point, he'll see her if he goes up. I have to act quickly, or my plan will be ruined. 

I caught up to him easily and began conversation to pass the time,

"Do you have schedules today? I'm off for the week but a rookie like you should have plenty of promoting activities, right? If you're looking for someone, let me help you, I am very good at looking for people." Hint Hint Hint. He didn't catch on.

Instead, he merely avoided eye contact and kept walking "I'm sorry sunbaenim, but I'm very busy today. Let me properly talk to you some other day. Goodbye." I let him go, but only because I knew he was finished here. 

I headed back to where she waited, having the paper out and ready. Checking the note once more for accuracy, the paper needed something. Proof that it was left on the ground...

Putting the note on the ground, I let my foot scuff the paper, leaving tracks along the front and back. 

"Better, it's more believable now."

When I got to the bench, she was already rising to leave. Circling around the way I came, I ended up behind the bench and tapped her shoulder lightly. She turned excitedly and yanked the paper from my outstretched hand. 

"You found it!?Thank you thank you thank you!" 

She tucked it insider her bag hurriedly and I turned to leave her slowly. Enough time for her to ask...

"Wait! I didn't catch your name!"

A smile stretched along my face (things are going smoothly this time) and I my heel.

"Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo."

She called back "Lydia Ahn". 

Lydia.

I turned around, allowing the name to sink into memory with the others. Lydia. We'll meet again.