Love Game ( A One-Shot Story )

Love Game ( A One-Shot Story)

 

It was a bright morning when I wake up. birds are chirping sweetly. This day is so special to me, especially to my classmates. It's our farewell party. But this day doesn't mean that, it's a goodbye. We're just bonding with each other. Actually, we hate that word 'goodbye'. But I guess this is how our journey ends. But still, those happy memories we all had together will be treasured in our hearts. I think I have to prepare myself now. 
 
Eight-thirty in the morning, I arrived alone at the place where we suppose to meet with my classmates. But I only saw was my two punctual classmates in our room. Nothing had changed with these guys. Still early even though it's not school days. But I'm very happy for them. Now, we're only three yet. And still, we're waiting for the others to arrive.
 
When the time strike to ten-twenty, we're now complete. Twenty-six of us are in the party, while others had their own reasons why they didn't come. We understand them though. Our party will be held at the public swimming pool. As we arrived there, we felt so excited and wants to dive in the cool water if the pool. But I was not in a rush to dive in there quickly. I want to be dry yet. We then went inside when our classmate was done paying the entrance fee to the cashier. As we depart to our cottage, I look to my surroundings while my other friends and classmates can't hold on anymore to dive in the water and swim as they can. I can say that the surroundings is so clean and fresh. There are wonderful slides and a fascinating statues to attract the kids.  
 
As I was still looking around, I saw a guy. A cute guy. I was stunned by him. He has a white complexion, has a tantalizing eyes, red lips, and a sweet smile. He really caught my attention. Oh. He's really cute.
 " Ahh... ya. " I called my classmate whose beside me. She heard my call and asked what. " Did you see that guy there? He's so cute right? " I blurted out directly. " Ahh... that guy? Oh. He is. He's really cute and handsome. " she answered, like she wants that guy as well.
 
Well, he is. I sigh. No matter how many times I will tell myself that he's cute, he will never be mine. I sigh again. Kim Tae Yeon, stop dreaming from nothing, okay?
 
That was the last guy I've ever liked. I wonder what's his name. After our party was done, I started to forget about him.
 
 
Two years had passed. Oh! I forgot! I forgot that I'm not in a senior high anymore. That, I am now a freshmen in a college university. A university that every person wants. But you have to pass first the exam before you get in. This university is so famous, but had the cheapest tuition fee in all of the universities here in Seoul. Fortunately, I passed! I'm so happy. Thank God! But I didn't get the course that I want. The university gave me the course that was Major in History. Gosh. The Bachelor of Arts in History (AB History). But still I confirmed this course through the internet. It is a must.
 
On the seventeenth day in the month of August 2011, the day that our first day in class started. I arrived at school before eight in the morning. I went to our building so nervously. I just can't act comfortably. My heart throbs so fast and my sweat was so cold. I felt really, really nervous. But I must fight against it. I should act confidently even if I know that this is my first day of being a college girl. Just relax, Taeyeon. Just relax. I take a breath several times to soothe my feelings. That's better. I then drifted to my room. When I got there, I saw my new classmates. Their faces aren't seems so familiar. " I guess it's my own now. " I sigh in relief. 
 
I take my pace on the back seat. Oh. The seats here are already occupied. Hmm... There! One vacant! I found a vacant seat here in the back. I then take a seat and shifted my pack bag on my table. I just then realized that I have a seatmate. He seems so posh. He's napping. Well, I guess I have to be quiet.
 
Momentarily, he wake up. I just sit firm and was looking on the blackboard. He rubbed his eyes and yawn. He suddenly gaze on me. " Ya. I have a seatmate! Oh. Hello! " he greeted me cheerfully. I was doubting if I will look at him or not. " Ahh... hello, too. " I was kinda stammered.
" Seatmates should be close together. Anyway, I'm Park Jung So. But call me, Leeteuk instead. " he introduced his name on me, lending his hand on me. Ahh... shake hands? 
" Ahh... nice to meet you. " I felt nervous. I then face him but I didn't look at him. I just lowered my head as I introduced myself and as I motioned my hand to make a handshake. " I'm Kim Tae Yeon. " 
" Wait. You seems so familiar. " he said as he held my chin up. He seems so familiar, too!
" Did I saw you before? " He released his hand on my chin. 
" Ahh... did I saw you before? " I was hesitating. We're staring at each other as we make a brainstorming.
" RIGHT! in the pool! " we said in unison. Aish. The guy that I tried to forget, is here in front of me.! 
" Good thing I still remember you. "
" Ahh... right. " I chuckled in fake.
 
Now I know what's his name. Taeyeon, just think that--- you didn't see him at that time, okay? Okay. Aish. He's still cute especially when you stare at him. Gosh. What am I thinking?!
 
Three hours later, our professor dismissed his class and declared a break for twenty minutes. The whole class went outside to buy foods in the cafeteria except me and my seatmate. I don't have have a plan to go outside. I leaned my hands on the table and was spacing out. 
" I'm twenty-seven. How about you? " he asked in all of a sudden.
" Hmm...? umm... twenty-three. " I replied.
" Whoo... we're just four years gap. "
" I guess I'll have to call you oppa. " I chuckled.
" Right. " He chuckled also. " Wait. I'm hungry. Let's go outside. " 
" Eh? Ahh... no, thanks. I'll just nap here. " I refused.
" Come on. " he insisted. " I want you to come. " 
" No. I'll just wait here. "
" Alright. " he shrugged his shoulders. He stand up and went close to me. He grasp his hand on my hand and drag me. " Wait! It doesn't matter if I will come with you or not! " I wailed. But he didn't listen. He still dragged me to the outside. Okay. Okay. I don't have any choice, but to come. 
 
Along the hallway while we're walking, three guys stopped in front of us. One guy is tall, the second is fat, and the third guy is just enough.
" Hyung!! " they shouted happily. Giving high-fives with each other. Maybe they are his friends. 
" How are you? " Teuk-oppa asked, flashing his happy smile.
Nothing had changed, hyung. We're always fine. " the third guy responded. 
" Ne. Nothing to worry about. " the fat guy added with his chinky eyes that wasn't seems so visible because of the joy he felt.
" Good to know. " 
" Wait. Who's this girl by the way, hyung? " the tall guy smirkingly asked.
" Right. Guys, she's Kim Tae Yeon. My best friend. " he confidently said. Wait! What??!! He said I'm his best friend??!! I was indeed shocked. I can'r believed. Well, it's hard to believe.
" Best friend? " I whispered. 
" Taeyeon-ah, they are my friends. But I treated them as my real little brothers. This tall one is Kyuhyun, this fat one is Shindong, and this other one is Yesung. " 
" Annyeong. " they greeted me, bowing their heads and waving their hands with a smile on their faces.
" Ahh... annyeong. " I greeted back. I just smiled half.
 
Why did Leeteuk-oppa told his friends that I'm his Best friend? We're just met each other lately. In fact, we're not that close. And our relationship as a friend is just one day yet, not in a year. I sigh.  
 
Many days had passed, our friendship grew stronger. We shared our secrets with each other. About our families, careers in life, and even our love life. He said that ten girls had come into his life and was a prt of him. But he never experienced a true love or a girl that would lasts in his heart. Me as well, I din't experienced true love before nor have a relationship into a guy. You know, 'no boyfriend since birth'.
 
Next day, as we were at the school lounge eating some kimchi that I cooked; Leeteuk-oppa ed abruptly. " Taeyeon, can you be my girlfriend? " That word makes me react in astonishment. I don't know if I would get happy or mad. 
" Ya. Taeyeon-ah. " he shake my shoulder. I was startled and decided to reply him.
" That sounds so --- absurd. " I glumly replied.
" Yeah. I know it is. But that's what I feel. Please, be my girl, Taeyeon-ah. " he begged at me. I read into his eyes, it seems so pure and sooth. So I made a condition to him. 
" If I'll agree. Would you care for me? would you love me with all of your heart? would you take me as I am? "
" More than you'll ever know. Trust me. "
 
It didn't take time that I answered him my special word, 'yes'. Now, he's my boyfriend and I'm his girl. Park Jung So is my first love. And I'm the eleventh girl in his life; sounds hurt, right? But he said that I am special among those girls. That, I am the girl he loved most. I'm not sure if his telling those words from his heart. Because it's my first time. But I have to put my trust on him. That's the only way. 
 
It's been two weeks from now since our relationship started. Within that two weeks, we treat each other like a real couple. Is this the feeling of having a boyfriend? I thought this is just an infatuation. But within that two weeks, I felt that I really love for him for real. We're dating each other like every couples do, having a picnic in the park, watching movies together in a theater, eating dinner in a restaurant, ice skating in the ice shrink, and a lot more. I've been totally in love with him. My heart falls only for him; Leeteuk-oppa. 
 
When the evening comes, I was inside the house of oppa. He invited me here to have a dinner with his family; he want to introduce me to them as well. Introducing me to his family especially to his parents seems to be awkward. I just feel awkward, I don't know why. But his parents seems to be kind and gentle to me, and to his two sister. 
" Visit here anytime you want, arrasso? " his mother asked me with a voice like a sleeping ocean, showing her smile with a teeth that sparkles. 
" We'll be very happy if we will see you again. " his father said optimistically. I smiled first to them. They're so sweet and I feel that they are really like me.
" That's a very kind of yours, ajumni and ahjussi. I'll promise that I will visit here soon. " I responded as I lowered my head.
 
His parents are really kind. I like them so much. At first, my heart attacked with nervous. Because I don't know if they will like me or not. I thought they are so strict and so rude to a girl like me. But my thoughts are really wrong! Oh! Thank ,God!
" Annyeong, Taeyeon-ah. " his sisters greeted me with a blissful smile on their faces, sitting beside me on the couch. 
" What's your name again? " I asked the two of them. 
" Dara-imnida. "
" Bom-imnida. "
" Wow. Pretty names, and so the both of you as well. Nice to meet you. " I greeted them back. it's true. They are so pretty. I think they have a good genes. 
" Nice to meet you, too, Taeyeon-ah. soon, you'll be our sister-in-law. " 
" Right. Congratulations. " Bom-sshi smiled. I was a bit surprise. 
" Oh. I think that would take a year before we get married. " I humbly responded to them. 
" Bom and I was just curious. How did oppa courted you? did he gave you a bunch of flowers? through letter? a surprise dinner? or ---- he's just begging on you to be his girl? " Dara-sshi blurted out. Did she know what she was talking about? why is that ---- she sounds like she's threatening me. She didn't like me, is she?
 
" I--- I don't understand. What do you mean? " I was stuttered. I want to know what she try to mean. 
" We're just concerned about you, Taeyeon-ah. Because oppa can easily get what he wants, especially in terms of GIRLS. We don't want you to get confuse, we're just trying to warn you. Be cautious to 
oppa. " Bom ed, I see that she's concerned about me. But why? I on't get it. What's with oppa? 
 
" Among the girls that our oppa had, you're the most different. So innocent and so pure. We can sense that... oppa is your first lover. We're correct, right? Dara muttered seriously.
" Ne. "
" Taeyeon-ah, we're not so sure if our oppa was changed or not. But he's a playboy. Before it's too late, break up with him. I know it's going to melt your heart especially when you know the truth that he's just playing on you. We know it's so hard. But it's all your decision now. " 
 
After hearing those words, I feel frail. I don't know what to do. It's just my first time of having the feeling like this. Alright. I can tell that oppa is sweet, and gentle, and caring. But my mind turns confuse. I care for what Bom-sshi and Dara-sshi told me. And I was so thankful to them that at least--- they gave me some details about oppa.
 
I was with him right now, sitting next to him with an empty mind as I leaned my head on the windowpane of his car. It was so silent, only the clamor of the engine we heard. He intends to bring me home safely. How sweet, eh? But I really want to know the truth. Oppa, are you just playing with me?
" Ya. So silent, eh? " he finally spoke. I was startled and finally made up my mind. 
" Oppa, do you like to play puppets? " I asked questionably.
" Eh? " he glanced at me a bit and was focusing on the way. " Hmm... of course! Because they're so easy to control. " he admitted.
" Aside from puppets, what other things that you can easy to control? "
" Hmm... none. "
" Oppa? "
" Eh? "
" You're just playing on me, right? " I burst out. 
" Eh??!! what do you mean? " he asked with his face turns into a frown.
" I mean. You really don't love me. You're just playing on me. You know, LOVE GAME. " I don't feel well. It hurts me inside.
" What are you talking about?! " he said as he stepped the break in his car. " I love you! "
" NO. You're lying. You don't love me. Just tell the truth! You're making me like a puppet. You're just controlling my heart and played it anytime you want. Oppa, did you know that I love you? Now, before I will get totally hurt. Tell the truth--- YES or NO? " I blabbered it all as my tears fall down into my cheeks.
" You don't know what you're talking about, Tae. " he shook his head
" YES or NO??!! " I shouted out loud, crying and waiting for his answer.
" At first!! At first I was just playing on you. Telling you that 'I love you' is just lie. But as when time went on, I realized that I really love you. I feel so sorry when I was playing my love for you. Taeyeon-ah, it's you. It's you who taught me how love like this. You're the reason why I act like a better person now. You're the one who changed me so much. I am telling the truth. This is not a lie anymore. Trust me. Give me another chance. And please forgive me. I love you. With all my heart. You're my life now. "

And that, that was the truth. I feel it. I forgave him. I gave back my trust on him. Because I love him. I didn't expect that I was a teacher to him and he's my student. Teaching him the hardest subject about love. If he doesn't experienced true love before, he experienced it now.

Four years later, he proposed his whole love on me. On the eighteenth day in the month of July 2015, he walks me down the aisle, we promised to each other at the altar, and got married. That was the happiest day of my life. We even got twins; a boy and a girl. and we live happily ever after.

" Destiny brought us here. and that was the story of my life. "




Park Tae Yeon