Talent Show

The Road of Broken Dreams

“Who's up first?” Joon asked pulling on the microphone cord.

 

IU stood up from her seat on the floor and walked toward Joon. He smile and placed the microphone in her petite hands. Joon then walked away to sit with the others in the room.

 

IU still had her back faced to everyone else. She took a deep breathe in and turned around. She started to sing.

 

It's been the longest winter without you, I didn't know where to turn to,” she started. There was no background music and she still sounded amazing without it. “Thought I couldn't live without you,
It's gonna hurt when it heals too, It'll all get better in time,”
they all looked at her with awe. Her song sounded so strong and confident. “It'll all get better in time....” She ended the song at the end of the chorus. Everyone in the room clapped. “Thank you, everyone!” she said as she bowed. She placed the microphone on a table that the computer sat on.

 

You were really good Jieun sshi!” Yoseob said as she was walking back to her spot on the floor.

 

No one else got up after IU finished so Yoseob jumped up and walked over to the table. He grabbed the microphone and began to sing, “The first time I fell in love was long ago. I didn't know how to give my love at all.” All eyes closed and listened to Yoseob's song. “ 'Cause all of my life, I've waited for this day. To find that once in a lifetime, this is it, I'll never be the same.” They were all smiling while listening to him, “The last time i'll fall... in love.” They didn't want to hear the end of the song because it was so beautiful. He bowed and walked back to sit on the floor.

 

I guess we should have a change in gears here,” Joon said as he walked over the the computer to search for a song. An instrumental song came up. Joon took off his shoes and he had on black ballet slippers. His faced the floor beginning to tell his story. As the music began he immediately looked up and started with a graceful turn. He swiftly jumped and landed softly doing floor movement. He did one pirouette and then spun into the air, then landed. He ce more and did a head stand. His lower body bent 45° . He fell softly onto the floor, finishing his story. Everyone clapped. He stood back up and bowed.

 

I think I would hurt something if I even tried to dance like that,” Yoseob joked, “I don't see how you can move so gracefully. It was so beautiful to watch!” he finished.

 

Thank you,” Joon said as he bowed again.

 

May I go next?” Eunjung asked waiting for a reply. Everyone in the room nodded. She stood up and went to grab the microphone. She closed her eyes and began to sing, “Because of you I'll never stray too far from the sidewalk. Because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt.” tears ran down her cheeks as she was singing, “Because of you, I find it hard to trust, not only me, but everyone around me. Because of you,” she opened her eyes still crying. She saw the smiling faces that she knew would soon be supporting her all the away now, “I am afraid ..... Because of you.” She finished her song and she IU walk up to her to hug her.

 

Don't worry Unni we are here for you,” IU said. Eunjung glared at the audience as the nodded their heads and smiled. She smiled and went back to her seat.

 

Yonghwa stood up and grabbed a chair in the corner. He went out to ask Secretary Kan for a guitar. She came back five minutes later with a shiny black guitar. He strummed the guitar twice to check if was tuned then began playing. “Take this sinking boat and point it home, we've still got time,” he sang the high note and most were amazed that the note didn't end up flat, “Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice, You've made it now.” He hit the high note and ended the short chorus he sang. Claps filled the room again.

 

President Moon walked into the room. “Hello guys. I see you guys are enjoying yourselves.”

 

Yes President Moon. We were just having a small talent show,” Yonghwa said as he put the guitar down.

 

Well if it is ok by you all I would like to show you where you guys would be staying. There are two dorms. One for males and one for females. Each dorm as 2 rooms and 1 bathroom. You get to choose your roommates. They are next door to each other so we are heading in the same directions.” The heads in the room nodded. They all knew if the spoke all at once their would be too many people talking. So they just approved my nodding or smiling. “I guess we should show you the dorm then. Unless there is anyone else who wants to take place in the talent show you were all having?” she asked.

 

One hand went up and looked up for approval. President Moon nodded. Sun Young went to the microphone and tapped on it lightly and spoke, “I'll make this sweet and short. I know we all want to see where we will be living,” She said with a smile. “Tale as old as time, true as it can be. Barely even friends, then somebody bends, unexpectedly....” she paused because the song was a duet. She was going to sing it but then someone grabbed the other microphone, “Just a little change,” she looked to her left. Jin Ki was singing next to her,“small to say the least, both a little scared, neither one prepared,” then the both sang together, “Beauty and the Beast. Ever just the same, Ever a surprise, Ever as before and ever just as sure as the sun will rise.” They finished.

 

Claps filled the room once again.

 

That was really great you two,” Yu Jin commented, “I can see you two are going to be good friends.” They both smiled.

 

President Moon was smiling in the back as well. “That was a nice performance. I don't mean to ruin the mood, but I think the we have two drivers outside waiting for us and it wouldn't be fair to keep them waiting. I will meet you all at the dorms,” President Moon said. She started to head for the door.

 

The group started to head toward the door. Sun Young and Jin Ki put the microphones down and started to follow the group.

 

You have such a beautiful voice Sun Young!” Jin Ki said as they tried to catch up with the group.

 

Thank you Jin Ki sshi,” Sun Young said as she bowed.

 

They were all in the parking lot. Six people got into one van and six into the other.


Hey guys! You have no idea how much research I had to do for this chapter! And not everyone sang either! Jeez! So the songs and dances I used were actual songs and dances they have performed. The only one which is kind of iffy is EunJung's one. Technically she sang it. But technically not. She sang a little part of it in Dream High. And please don't shoot me but I don't remember what episode it was T.T If anyone knows please tell me so I can put it here! Anyways here were the songs and videos (except Eunjung's):

Joon:  Last Carnival - Norihiro Tsuru (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4vOerbUIRI)

Onew & Luna: Beauty & The Beast - Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXYxcPRceE)

Yoseob: The Last Tim - Eric Benet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcpG4IWMSBc)

IU: Better In Time - Leona Lewis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogzJbhTWEzg)

Yonghwa: Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUSX52vL-lU)

 

BTW guys! Here is my Twitter if you would like to follow me for story updates. I also do some kpop updates :D - @sillysillyshy

 

May 2, 2011 -  Hey guys! Sorry for no chapter updates lately! I've been  cramming my choir competitions, AP exam cram sessions, and I just finished CSTs. I promise you to have a story update by Friday! OK thanks to all who have subscribed to me! and I would like to thank Yas_22 again for the amazing poster! :D BTW Happy May! :]