[one-shot] Chwang

Human's Façade

How Lady Shim meets her future in-law

[a year and half from current timeline]

Mrs.Shim had learned of her son’s bad habit regarding relationship ever since the man was a mere high-school boy. Yes, she knew of Shim Changmin’s player attitude and his looking down on most girls. She was partly blamed for that behavior.

Apparently, years of redeeming herself to her son weren’t enough to repair his son’s way of living. She was adamant on talking some sense into his skull this time.

The beautiful woman decided to give him a surprise visit, a good thing she had managed to coax him into giving her his apartment key. Yet, when she stepped her foot into the businessman’s luxurious penthouse, he was nowhere to be seen.

She had expected it though.

He was a busybody and rarely came home. Yet, she had not expected a few things in her son’s apartment. There was something different, minuscule changes she would not notice if she had not known her son that well.

Every corner of the room was sickeningly clean; something Changmin would never do by himself. The fridge was filled with fresh foods, as in healthy foods, not beers and canned goods. There was flower on the table, sitting nicely in a black vase. A pair of heels under the coffee table.

A woman’s touch.

She was almost sure, Changmin had a maid working for him, which is impossible since he hates strangers touching his things, or he has, somehow, gotten himself a girlfriend, which was as surreal as the previous idea.

But lately rumors said that her son has been intoxicated by a woman. Which she questioned the credibility of the statement itself.

The face of Kim Junsu popped in her head, which she dismissed immediately. The lady was engaged to the producer and tycoon, Park Yoochun. It isn’t possible. After all, their relationship is always platonic. Brother-sister like. Best friends.

She decided to unpack her things into the guest room she often used. Lazily striding to the comfortable bed. She would have to wait for him to come home.

He might even throw temper tantrums at her sudden visit. Something about disturbing his ual life or something. That shameless git.

When her eyes almost closed for good, a loud crack of the door and thumping of foot echoed through the hall. This piqued her curiosity. She did not know Changmin shared his apartment key to someone else other than her and his trustworthy manservant.

He was a secretive man. Like her.

Feeling like a detective in classic novel, she peeked through the small opening of her door. She could not hide her shock at the sight of a girl that had just walked into the living room.

The girl threw her milk-chocolate colored trench coat on to the sofa. Her hair was shades darker than the coat with natural wave at the end. The silken glory reached her mid-back. The dark color accentuated her pale, almost translucent skin. Her dark eyes were big, framed with thick eyelashes. High cheekbone and pink lips gave her that unreachable royal aura. Mrs.Shim had to admit she was cuno, beautiful.

She was clad in thick beige turtleneck and fitting blue jeans that hid under her leg-height brown-leather boots. Pronouncing her tall, model-like, stature.

Decent, neat, and painstakingly polite. Classic wear, something she had never seen on Shim Changmin’s one night flings.

Most of them wear skin-tight, skimpy, revealing outfits and have too much make-ups she could vomit. Yes, even at winter.

She dared herself to conclude that she was not her son’s toy. According to her irritated scowl and angry shout that were not related to her son’s bedroom manner.

“SHIM CHANGMIN! GET OUT YOU- HOW DARE YOU!” She slammed a thick manila folder on the table. Her curls fumbling from her shoulder as she threw her head to left and right to find the owner of the penthouse.

Mrs.Shim cringed at the angry roar.

“The last time I checked I am not your secretary! Do not order me around to do your work! I have a day out with Minho and Jjong, are you even-” She blabbed as she made her way to the kitchen. The older woman observed her as the younger woman checked the uneaten foods on the table. “Really?

The younger’s face scrunched up, either in worry or disgust. She fished her cellphone from her jeans pocket and dialed someone’s number. Most likely her son.

Easily multitasking, she took the untouched foods and put them into the refrigerator. Cleaning the onyx table and stole a bottle of mineral water as if she owned the place.

“I am leaving. I’ve told you have meeting with Minho and Jjong. Yes, I will leave the documents in your study.”

Mrs.Shim observed the young girl from behind the door, making sure the wavy haired youth did not find her.

She held a chuckle at the woman’s irritated expression and her blunt answer to suppose-to-be her son at the other end of line.

“Shut up. Do die please.”

The older Shim had to force a cackle down. Really this girl. She had to admit the woman had a gut and she indeed was different from her son’s other women.

“Nah, you are annoying, Shim Changmin. Don’t call me on my day off.” The girl disappeared into her son’s study. A place even she never set a foot into.

After a minute, she saw the girl skipped down the stair, cellphone nowhere to be seen. Whatever conversation she had with her son must have ended upstairs.

She had to suppress the disappointed feeling in her chest. She wanted to know more of the girl. She had duty to scan her possible future in-law.

The girl took her trench coat and wore it neatly as she walked out of the penthouse. Making sure she had locked the entire door before reached the lift. Her phone rang.

Her eyebrows scrunched up as she checked the id. “I’m leaving,” she paused before an angry tick dancing dangerously on her face, “I told you not to say something so misleading, Chwang-oppa!”

Chwang?

With that happy note, the interesting girl left the confused Lady Shim.


A/N : I hope this will make do. This is the first time Kyuhyun unknowingly met her future in-law. I have been missing for years but revived by Changmin's latest solo album. So, yeah. I will be back with 4th chapter soon.