There’s No Such Thing as Second Chances

When Everything is Falling Apart

 

There’s No Such Thing as Second Chances

- Kyuhyun & Yoona -

It was almost a year, 9 months and 5 days to be exact since that rainy day, the rainy night in the coffee shop alone. Oh, how she wants to erase that memory but she knows that she deserves to be ditched by him. 9 months is too long and she’s not some kind of foolish girl who will still be thinking about him up to now, probably thinking about him sometimes but not compare in the past, now the pain is bearable.

“Yoona, food’s ready!” A yell fully wakes her up as she stands up from her bed lazily while doing some exercise on her way downstairs. 9 months without him and his dad, well, she got used to it by now, it seems that all men in her life left her for some reasons. Time flies really, if you think of it. Yoona is now a graduating student in her course Education and in month’s time, she can fully teach students, which is her dream.

“Will you visit Aunt today?” As soon as her eyes saw the barbecue on the table, she takes a bite as she mutters some unclear words, just like the way she used to do, clumsy Yoona. Even though she’s in her 20’s, Yoona is still the kid-Yoona who will never learn the right manners of being a lady.

“I told you to finish eating first before you talk. You’re a lady now, Yoona, please try to change that, no man would look at you if you’re like that.” Another set of lecture from her mom welcomes her early in the morning. There’s not a single day when her mom won’t remind her to mind her manners and every time she’s doing it, it annoys her greatly. It’s her life and she can do anything she wants to do about it.

“Dad said it’s alright to show what you truly are because no matter what imperfections I have, if that guy really loves me, he will accept it.” She murmurs between chewing the barbecue on . Using that line from her dad is her only counterattack to beat her mom because just by mentioning her dad, her mom lips will be zipped in no time. Truly, she misses her dad. Her dad always tells her that she should never be ashamed of showing her true self to others. Thinking back, Kyuhyun accepted her the way she is right now.

“You’re dad is not here anymore.” That topic is always a sensitive topic to her mom that’s why every time they mistakenly talked about it, her mom ended up being quiet as if they are not talking from the start.

“I’m sorry, Mom. I didn’t mean to mention dad.” Dismissing the topic, Mrs. Im pretends to smile in front of her child. “Speaking of your dad, he sent their wedding invitation.” Taking an invitation from her bag, Mrs. Im shows it to Yoona. Their daughter has the right to know that her father is getting married soon.

“Dad’s getting married?” Shock etches on her face as she excitedly opens the envelope.

 

You’re invited to:

“Mr. Im Hyunwoo & Ms. Cho Hasun’s Wedding”

Location: St. Peter Parish Church, California

 

“He already sent our plane tickets, their wedding will be 3 weeks from now. He wanted us to have a vacation there with his family before the wedding.” The older added, wanting to end this topic.

“Really? We should pack our things now, Mom. I’m so excited to see Dad and his—“

“I’m not coming with you, Yoona.” A single statement that cuts her words as she watches her mother with worried eyes. The excitement slowly fades as she felt that still her mom do love her father, just like her.

“Is it because its dad’s wedding?” Right now, she wants to know the reason behind her mom’s cold shoulders to her dad up to now. But she’s not dumb to feel the pain, to find out that her father will soon tie a knot with another woman.

“Yoona, I just don’t want to be involved in his life again. I’m happy for him and for his family but I don’t think I can go.” Her mom explains, eyes slowly getting teary. How can you attend the wedding of your ex-husband?

“How could I go there alone?” Just like her mom, her tears slowly form at the edge of her eyes.

“You’re father will be there to welcome you and I heard that Hasun has a son just 2 years older than you, I’m sure you can be close to him.” Trying to ease the worry and sadness in her child, she mentions that Hasun has a son. She wants to accompany her daughter of course, but she knows that she will be the only one getting hurt in the end.

“But—“

“You’re father will be the happiest if you will be there in his wedding.”

 

How can she say no if the happiness of her father is at stake?

 

 

As if her limbs are disabled, she walks out of the departure area with her aching body, come to think of it, 12 hours in the airplane and just sitting on her seat, wouldn’t your body ache? She’s so tired that she just wants to sleep as soon as she arrives at her dad’s home. Standing in the middle, she locates where her dad is, looking to the left and then to the right.

“Yoona!” And in just a matter of minutes, a familiar fatherly voice catches her attention. Her smile just pops out of her lips as if it’s been there all along, the presence of her dad will turn all of her agony into happiness.

“Dad!” She pulls her baggage, running towards her father. They met with a hug as the small reunion started. It’s been almost a year and her dad is still the same though she can see some white hairs on his head.

“I miss you, Yoona.” Her dad whispers on his child.

“I miss you too, dad.” How she wishes that they can be complete as one family again but she knows that her wish is very impossible to happen.

“I know you’re tired so let’s go home and rest.” Worried about his child’s health, he leads his daughter towards their car.

“Did you come alone?” Expecting that her dad’s soon-to-be-wife will be here with them, she asks just to make sure.

“Oh, no, I’m with Hasun’s son, Kyu—” Before he could even finish his words, a guy wearing Ray-ban glasses got out from the car facing the both of them.

 

Kyuhyun.”

 

His name rings on her ears for a million times as she tries to digest everything, him in front of her in this very moment. How could this kind of thing happen? For all this time, Kyuhyun is just there, close to her but she never knew. As if fate is tricking the both of them, they both stand motionless, eyes directed on one another. Thankfully, Kyuhyun is wearing a sunglass, his emotions and feeling will be hidden behind it. The feeling is unexplainable, breathing the same air as him, it is unexpectedly suffocating. Her memories with him started to flow back inside her mind, making her regret her decision to end their relationship.

Kyuhyun’, she wants to call him loudly as possible but her overflowing emotions are hindering her. This kind of reunion with her ex-lover is really painful, especially knowing that someday, soon, Kyuhyun will be her brother.

“Yoona, are you alright? You look pale.” Her dad soon noticed the sudden quietness of Yoona.

“I’m alright, I guess its jetlag.” Looking for a reasonable excuse, she directs her stare away from the lad as she controls her tears from coming out. All along, she thought that she already forgot everything about him, how to love him, but it turns out to be the opposite because with just his presence, she can feel that love is still there in her heart, just waiting for him to come.

“Kyuhyun, this is my daughter, Yoona. I hope you two will get along.” Mr. Im introduces her to Kyuhyun without knowing that those two already knew about one another and the worst part is that those two were ex-lovers. How cruel fate is to Yoona and Kyuhyun, as if the red string that connects them when both fell in love with one another is still not broken and will lead them together again, no matter where they go, to let them feel the same heartaches.

“Nice to meet you, Yoona.” The guy removes his sunglasses, as he offers a handshake. Pretending that he’s okay, he suspends his hand in the air but deep inside he wishes that Yoona will not return his handshake or else he will just feel her touch once again that might confuse him, his feelings.

Hearing him calling her name was like music in her ears, it unexpectedly rings her heartstrings.

Yoona hesitantly takes his hand lightly, giving him a handshake. It was short but it definitely made a big impact on both of them. Smiling even if she doesn’t want, she pretended to be happy seeing him though deep inside it’s killing her.

He has the same dark brown eyes, semi-curly and brunette hair, those straight lips, his pointed nose, milky-white skin, that firm stature, all of those never changed but she knows that one thing has changed, and that is his feelings. It is an unexpected meeting that never occurred in her mind, all along she thought that Kyuhyun will not show himself in front of her again but right now, he’s here, alright, happy.

“Then we should go, Hasun prepared something for you at home.”

The two followed the elder, with Kyuhyun driving the car and Yoona sitting on the back seat. This will be a long ride for the both of them. And Yoona hopes that no tears will come out from her eyes.

 

 

Finally arriving at Mr. Im’s humble abode, Hasun welcomes the trio with a smile and a hug. In Yoona’s perspective, Hasun is a cheerful and caring woman and after meeting her, she can fully understand why her dad fell in love with this woman. Though she felt angry at her at first, the anger slowly fades away as she got to know more about her. Truly, she’s a kind and warm-hearted woman.

After the small welcome party, Yoona decided to go to her room to wash up and to get some rest.

“Kyuhyun-ah, please show Yoona her room.” This time, it’s his mother turn to ask a favor and definitely he can’t say no.

“Sure.” Really hating the fact that they will have some time alone upstairs, he kept it in himself, pretending that everything is alright. The two climb the stairs without even moving a finger or making any sound from their breathings. But for Yoona, this moment is her chance to clear up things with him, though she’s not expecting that Kyuhyun will talk to her about that matter but at least she will try.

“This is our parents’ room.” He points at the closed room as they passed by it. “And this is your room.” Pointing at the room just beside their parents’ room, Kyuhyun turns the knob, opening the room. And just what she expected, her room is decorated with woman stuff, pink, yellow, flowery designs and other cute stuffs.

“What about that room?” A closed door just across her room caught her attention, without even considering that room might be his room.

That’s mine.” He says coolly as ever.

A blush slowly forms on her cheeks, knowing that his room is just across hers, a woman with the age like her can’t keep their thoughts regarding rooms, especially a guy and a girl in one roof. A sweet smile left her lips as she started imagining weird things. And she started thinking back the past, when she used to stay over his apartment.

“Why are you smiling?” And with his serious voice, her daydreaming was cut off.

“N-nothing.” Pretending that nothing’s wrong, another smile left her lips, dismissing the topic.

“Thank you for showing me around.”

Hearing her thank you didn’t affect the lad as he walks out the room, hands on his pockets. After he left, Yoona lies down on her bed, heaving a very deep sigh. She has to admit that she misses him a lot, especially when she visited him in his apartment, those endless overnights, lying about making a project, those sticky notes and those innocent kisses that they both shared, all of those are still fresh on her mind that will always stir her heartstrings.

 

As if those moments just happened yesterday, she can’t help but to think of it.

 

 

3 weeks, 21 days, she needs to stay here in California with him, living under a single roof. How lucky she is to have this kind of fate? Can she endure it? Can she talk to him? Can she tell him the real reason? Millions of questions keep on bothering her since last night and she just can’t get herself to sleep, knowing that he’s sleeping just few meters away from her makes her heart leaps its pace.

That morning is different from her usual mornings in Seoul, maybe because the atmosphere is new and she still not adapting to it. She walks out from her room after washing up herself to eat breakfast. Probably, all of them are already there and waiting for her to come. Well, she’s not used to wake up without her mother’s loud voice.

“Good morning darling, how was your sleep?” One step before she can fully touch the floor, she slips down from the stairs, producing a loud thud on the floor. Her mind is definitely on its crazy mode because right now, she can see Kyuhyun in front of her, calling her darling. Yoona didn’t mind her fall at all, it’s painless because she’s now in her daydream land, thinking that Kyuhyun just called her darling.

“Yoona, are you alright?” And slowly, just like a bubble being popped, the person whom she thought to be Kyuhyun slowly changes into her father.

“Dad? I-I’m al-alright.” Quite embarrassed of her clumsiness, she stands up from the floor with the help of her dad. Both Hasun and Kyuhyun checks if she’s alright.

“Are you okay, Yoona?” Hasun says, worrying at her.

“I’m sorry to startle all of you. I’m alright, I just slipped my foot.” Deeply saying her sorry, she even bows her head but as soon as her eyes land on the guy on the dining table, anger forms in her head.

 

He’s laughing. Really.

 

How could he…’ She thought angrily, if only she can walk to him and hit his head just like the way she used to do, she already did but the situation right now is very different from the past. But it unexpectedly made her smile, his laughs and smiles, she truly missed it. At least, she made him laugh and smile.

“If you’re alright, let’s go eat before the food gets cold.” Mrs. Cho says.

In the middle of their breakfast, Mr. Im started talking.

“By the way, we need to go to the church for the inspection of the place.”

“Really?” Yoona mutters excitedly, with a big smile on her face.

“Yes, but only the two of us, the both of you will stay here.”

A big pang on her head hit her hard as soon as she realizes the words “The both of you will stay here.” Kyuhyun and her in this place, alone, what could possibly happen?

“B-but, I want to co-come!” Pretending that she wants to come, she persuaded her dad to agree. With the two of them alone, she doesn’t know what will happen and doesn’t even want to know.

“Yoona, you should rest first or Kyuhyun can show you around the neighborhood if you want, but you can’t come with us, it’s too far and we might arrive home late.” Another fact that buried her under the ground, “We might arrive home late”. Alone with him until midnight, that’s probably the luckiest event in her life, sarcastically.

“Bu-but—”

“Oh, look at the time, we better get going. Kyuhyun take care of Yoona, alright?” His mother reminds him with a smile.

She tries to see his expression but as soon as her eyes land on his, she saw him doing the same, looking at her with those unreadable eyes.

 

Will this be a sign for a good start or bad start?

 

 

The two elders finally left them alone. Yoona sits on the sofa by the living room while Kyuhyun sits on the dining room with a book on his hand. Since they started living in US, Kyuhyun became fond of reading for past time. He didn’t want to go out and meet some new friends and decided to stay home. The deafening silence slowly kills her as she rolls around the sofa, thinking of a productive thing to do.

“I want to go home.” She whines with a small pout on her lips. Not purposely wanted to peek on the guy, she secretly stole glances on him, checking on what’s his thing. 

He’s reading, eh?’ Not really used to reading-Kyu, she smiles lightly, happy for his sudden change but saddens as she pictures the talkative-Kyu in the past. And finally, an idea pops on her head as she headed to the kitchen quietly, afraid of getting his attention. She takes out 2 mugs, coffee, cream and sugar. A coffee while reading is a perfect combination. Yoona started preparing for it, keeping in mind that Kyu wants one cube of sugar in his coffee, how could she forget it?

Not really sure about giving the coffee, she musters all of her courage as she walks up at the side of the table, holding both of the mugs firmly. It’s okay if he rejects it, at least she tried.

“Here, I made coffee.” Placing down the coffee with one cube of sugar, she carefully moves it in front of him. The guy momentarily stops reading, placing down the book on the table. Kyuhyun didn’t look at her first but on the coffee, staring on it as if it’s an unlikeable thing.

 

“Yoona, if you’re doing this because you’re sorry, it has nothing to do with me anymore, everything is in the past so if we just—”

“I’m doing this because I want to talk to you, because I want to explain everything, We—” Saying those things didn’t register in her mind, it just came out just like a song. That’s the truth and her true feelings.

This time, Kyuhyun stands up from his seat, eyes staring intensely on hers. Tears slowly forms on the side of his eyes, as they both exchange looks. “There’s no ‘we’ anymore, Yoona. I chose to live in this place to start a new life, to forget you.” Those painful words stab her deep in her heart. Oh how she wanted to cry right in the moment but she composed herself, afraid to show her weak side. She knows that she’s a fool for thinking that Kyuhyun wanted the same but all along, she’s the only one who’s holding on. Yoona can’t blame anyone because she’s the reason for their breakup and he can’t blame him, he can get angry at her as long as he wants.

“If only you can give me a chance—”

“I stopped believing in second chances because of you, Yoona.” Again, set of words that almost killed her on the spot, her legs are trembling as well as her lips. She can’t look at him straight in the eyes because the pain is unbearable, because he’s too much.

“There’s no such thing as second chances.” Kyuhyun says with full of emotions, hands clutching at the side. He wanted to say his sorry for saying all those mean and heartless words but he just left without saying anything.

 

If this was what he felt after she left him, it must have killed him as well.

“I’m sorry.” Her tears flow out from her eyes, blocking her view. That’s the only words she can say right now as she watches him walking away from her, walking away from her life.

 

 I’m sorry.

 

 

Yesterday was a painful day for Kyuhyun and Yoona. After their talk in the dining room, they both decided to stay inside their room and do nothing. Only her 2nd day in this house, she already felt weak and broken after hearing him say all those words. How she wishes that she didn’t even ask about the past and pretended that everything’s alright. And now, she still needs to stay in this house for more or less 2 weeks with him, how awkward would that be?

Unfortunately, because of the wedding preparations, the couple are always busy regarding their wedding, always not at home, leaving the two alone most of the time. Well, she can’t leave the house since she’s not familiar in the place, US is very different from Korea.

Finally, when the clock hits 11 in the morning, Yoona decided to come down from her stuffy room. But not what she is expecting, Kyuhyun is there, right on the sofa reading a book. It’s too late to go back to her room because his eyes are already on hers. Yoona forces a smile as she walks out from the house, directing towards the garden. The fresh air helped a bit, as she breathed in and out as if she just came from a windowless room. She can’t forget those eyes, his eyes that she can’t understand, if it reflects pity or anger. Forgetting every thought about him, she sits on the bench to clear her mind. Going back inside is far from her thinking and maybe she will just wait here until the couple arrive.

It became a routine to her for few days, staying inside her room, sitting by the garden or if Kyu is at his room, she will be downstairs, maybe on the living room or at the kitchen. She’s bored to death and she just wanted to go home and go back to her normal life. But for her dad’s wedding, she will stay and bear all the pain.

“Yoona, we will go out to eat.” Suddenly, a voice coming from the door startles her as she almost jumps out from the sofa.

“Dad.”

“I will let you meet our friends here so change your clothes now and we’ll go after 5 minutes.”

 

 

 

When almost all of the people around are already sleeping because of too much alcohol, Kyuhyun and Yoona stayed awake and sober, slowly sipping their own beers. Since she sat here, she didn’t talk that much and just pretended to laugh and nod when she’s being asked while Kyuhyun remained quiet for the whole time without showing any interest to anybody.

“Yoona, I will bring your father home and if you’re done, go home with Kyuhyun, alright?” Hasun says, assisting the drunken lad on her arms.

“We’ll go home in a bit.” Not sure about her reply, she faked a smile.

It became quiet all of a sudden with only few people on the place.

 

Y-yoona…” He breathed out her name as if he’s in pain.

Hearing his voice catches her attention as she directs her stare on the weird guy. She can’t tell if he’s already drunk or just making fun of her but all she knows is that his words show a lot of pain that hurts her as well.

 

I’m sorry…”

 

This time, she knew that this guy is already drunk.

“Kyuhyun-ah, let’s go home, you’re drunk.” Before she can stand from her seat, the guy started speaking again.

 

“I’m so sorry… I don’t hate you, I never hated you.” His eyes reflect a lot of pain as he stares at her.

 

“You don’t have to apologize. You did nothing wrong so let’s go home now.” Hearing his sincere sorry broke her heart into pieces. She can’t look at him because her tears are already on the edge of her eyes and any minute now she will not control herself and just cry.

“I didn’t mean to say those things. The truth is I really miss you…” With his reddened eyes, tears slowly fall from his eyes. This side of Kyuhyun is new to her and she can’t help herself but to love him more than anything else. Only if she could bring the time back, she will never leave him for such reason.

“Kyuhyun-ah, let’s go home…” All she can say are those words because she knows that he’s only saying those because he’s drunk, because he’s not in his true self.

But we all know that drunken people always say the truth.

Pulling him up, Yoona assisted him by his arms as they walk outside the place. His trembling legs didn’t help him to walk properly, as Yoona started to hold him more tightly.  The proximity between them makes her heart beat faster.

I miss you, Yoona…” This time, she felt his hot breath by her neck, as she paused while wiping the tears on her eyes. This is too much for her to handle. How could she face him? After what she did, Kyuhyun is right here, saying out his feelings.

 

“I miss you too…”

So much.”

 

Yoona finally faced him, not hesitating to say the same thing as she wipes his tears. Saying it back required a lot of courage from her though she knows that this is only for the mean time. This weak side of Kyuhyun is too pitiful for her to see, how he cries in front of her crushes her heart into millions of pieces. He’s too fragile now and all she wants to do is to take care of him.

“I’m so sorry.” Even if she needs to say the word sorry for a million of times, she will, just for him to forgive her. Upon opening the house door, Kyuhyun gently pushes Yoona by the door, stopping her from inserting the key on the knob.

“Kyuhyun-ah.”

The woman can’t understand him, eyes seeking for answers. His eyes are full of tears that keep on crying. Slowly, his hands travel by her cheeks, caressing it slowly.

 

Can’t we just go back from the start?”

 

Those words that she wanted to hear right from the start, the words that she wanted to come true. She wants to shout the word ‘yes’ but she didn’t do it, afraid that eventually she will just get hurt.

But sometimes remaining silent is better, just by knowing that he’s here in front of her is enough. She chose not to say any word, letting her tears to come out. This is too much for her, her heart can’t handle this kind of bittersweet feeling.

“Kyuhyun-ah, you’re drunk so—”

She didn’t continue what she had to say as she realized that his face is just inches away from hers. He’s crying too, uncontrollably.

“Yoona…”

His lips slowly touch hers like a key unlocking a lock. His eyes are closed with tears falling from his eyes. How she misses this kiss, the way Kyuhyun kiss her. It unexpectedly erases all the pain inside her heart, all the worries and heartaches. Closing her eyes, she kisses him back, not afraid that tomorrow, everything will change.

 

The reality, the Kyuhyun now will never be the Kyuhyun tomorrow.

 

His hands that are on her cheeks make its way around her waist, pulling her closer.

 

A kiss, an innocent kiss.

 

Yoona was the first one to break the kiss, hands placed on his chest. She can’t say anything, her words are already locked inside her lips as she catches her breath and all she wanted to do is to stare at him, to cherish this temporary moment with him.

 

I love you.” This is the time when she felt pain instead of happiness after hearing him say those 3 words.

“I love you too, Kyuhyun.” She said it back without hesitation or doubts, to say that she still love him, truly.

 

But she doesn’t want to expect because this Kyuhyun in front of her will vanish in a few hours. If only he can be drunk all the time, he can be the Kyuhyun who loves her, he can be the Kyuhyun who trusts her and he can be the Kyuhyun who belongs to her.

 

But it never will.

 

 

The wedding day has arrived and she’s happy as ever. Wearing a peach dress, she walks down the aisle, hands holding a small bouquet of flowers. As if she’s the one who will get married, she smiles pretending that a woman like her can never feel any pain and sadness.

Right here, these two people…” The wedding ceremony started, as her dad and Hasun stand proudly at each others’ side. Right now, she should be happy for them but only sadness occupies her mind. After an hour, her dad will have a new wife and the worst, Kyuhyun will be her brother though that’s not really an important thing for her, but what’s important to her is to tell Kyuhyun everything.

Glancing at him at the other side of the church, tears suddenly fallout from her eyes. She tries to hide it, the agony, and the unexplainable pain. After that night, the night they both shared a kiss, she guessed it right, Kyuhyun never mentioned it and distanced himself from her. She used to cry every night after that night. Though she expected even a little chance, it only caused her a great deal of pain and sadness. But after those sleepless nights, she finally realizes that night was for her to decide to let go and at this very moment, she finally decided.

 

She will let go.

 

Maybe being friends with him is her fate right from the start that they are really not meant for one another. But after everything, she still smiled, happy and grateful that she met a man like him, a man who loves her despite her imperfections.

 

It’s enough. She didn’t regret it because it ended but she’s happy that it happened.

 

You may kiss the bride.”

The crowd clap their hands in unison as the couple kiss as the sign of marriage. Everybody is smiling, including him, and she will just be at the side watching him with those happy smiles.

 

 

The after party is the only thing left for her to do and tomorrow, she needs to live and go back to her life in Korea. The loud music surrounded the area but despite it being loud, she couldn’t hear anything as she watches everybody without any thoughts inside her head.

 

They are happy.

She needs to be happy.

For him.

 

“Hello. I’m Peter.” A white guy suddenly approaches the quiet woman by the table. Yoona is not really in the mood to talk to anybody as she smiles politely and after that, she left without saying any word. Walking out from that place helped her a lot, now the fresh air is her only friend just like the air in the garden.

“Kyuhyun…” But without noticing that the lad is just there in front of her, she suddenly called out his name, not expecting his presence. His eyes are deeply directed on her and it shows that he has something to say to her.

“Are you leaving tomorrow?"

Pretending that she’s not hurt by his words, she smiles before answering.

“Yes. Finally.”

“I need to know something before you leave.”

Waiting for him, she stands firmly with her trembling legs.

“I need to know the reason.” Kyuhyun added.

Watching him with those teary eyes, she decided to say the truth, it’s all or nothing.

 

“I needed to sacrifice the most important person in my life.” Yoona starts without hesitating to say the truth, hands clutching her peach dress. “I thought that sacrificing something important in my life will bring back my family, I thought that I can’t have the 2 most important things in my life at the same time, that I can choose only one, but in the end, I lose both of it.”

 

“And that most important person is you, Kyuhyun.”

 

“I’m so sorry.” This time, she finally turns her back without waiting for him to say a word, not expecting for something to change, for him to chase her, for him to say that he forgive her. It’s her decision to let go and she will. As long as the real reason is revealed, it’s enough for her even if he won’t come back to her.

 

The most important thing right now is that he knows that he’s the most important person in her life.

Perhaps she can find the true happiness someday. And when that happens, she will never let go.

 

 

Mr. Im can’t accompany Yoona to the airport because of their honeymoon so he asked for Kyuhyun’s help and Kyu accepted it without any objections. That morning, Yoona found out that he will her to the airport and it just made her last day, a miserable day. How can she face him after what she said last night?

Getting on the car, Kyuhyun places her luggage at the back compartment. Yoona who sits inside the car, waited for him to get on with a heavy heart. After contemplating on what to do, she decided to stay quiet for the whole ride and prevent any eye contact from him. As soon as he got inside the car, the awkward atmosphere slowly made the situation worse. And just what she hoped for, no one dared to talk for the whole ride. Only the music coming from the radio can be heard and nothing else.

Arriving at the airport, they both got down and walked inside. When they finally reached the departure area, Kyuhyun stops to watch her leave.

“I’m going to leave, it was fun. Thank you for everything.” Lying for saying ‘it was fun’, Yoona shows her smile one last time and to tell him that everything’s alright, that she can forget him soon.

“Thank you.” Unexpectedly, Kyuhyun responds, thanking her without a clear reason.

She can feel that in matter of minutes, she will leave this place and go back to her real life. And there’s no turning back.

“Ma’am, your ticket, please.” Handing the ticket, her eyes never leave his. Truthfully, she wants to hug him just for the last time but she knows that it’s impossible. It’s better to leave without getting attached to him anymore.

“Please go in.”

Yoona stares at him one last time as she turns her back to him, walking with heavy heart inside the departure area. Tears are already on her eyes as she says her last goodbye.

 

Goodbye.”

 

Sometimes goodbye is a painful way to say I love you.

 

The door closes as Kyuhyun watches her slowly vanishing behind those doors. If he can live once again, he will still choose to love Yoona even if he will end up getting hurt, because maybe in their past lives they ended up together.

This time, the red string that connects them is broken and it will never be connected again.

 

“I wasn’t drunk that night.”

 

Goodbye, Yoona.”

 

A/N: Okay, finally after one month of not updating the sequel and I know that I'm a bad author for keeping all of you wait and I know that after reading the sequel you will hate me again for giving all of you another bad ending. I just can't think of a good ending and since I'm addicted to the taiwanese movie " You are the apple of my eye", I decided to end this with a sad ending. I'm really fond of sad endings, because I believe that it's the reality now. I'm so sorry for keeping all of you waiting and giving a bad ending. I'm such a bad writer. T_T But maybe something will surprise all of you soon ^_^ Haha. Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thank you!