Distance

That Which Makes Us Complete

 

I have always liked the way we look together, the way the camera captures us together, side by side, or maybe not even that. We can be one in front, one behind, or perhaps separated by a slow Jonghyun who can’t seem to get that he is unwanted and in the way, that he is separating me from you and it’s really making me all levels of irritated. Or it may not be Jonghyun, but someone else instead, like Kibum or Taemin. But in the case of the other two, it is most likely them being s and doing it deliberately just because I have hijacked all their attempts at solo shots or something along those lines.

Petty guys.

Or it may not even be that. We can be separated by a whole crowd in itself, or perhaps oceans and continents because we are idols after all and even though we may be in the same boy band and such, sometimes schedules force us apart and have us at doing our duties at different parts of the world.

And it is during those times that I thank god that I am living in the 21st century, with all the technological advancements and software marvels that allow me to hear your voice and see your face even though we are thousands of miles apart. It can never replace the hot touches that we share, the soft whispers we breathe, but it will do.

 

No, not really. It won’t do, but I will make it do. Because having you is already a gift from god in itself and I can’t be greedy and ask for more.

But during moments when the skype conversation is about to close, during moments when your eyes dart to a corner and I instantly know what are you looking at, during moments when we will say ‘bye’ at the same time, it’s during moments like that that has me reeling in sudden revelation that I can’t be greedy even if I wish to because I have everything I have ever wanted.

You and I. We may be side by side or we may be separated by annoying fools, or we may even be forced apart by oceans and continents, but distance is relative and when it truly comes down to it, our hearts have always been together.


I think I am starting to become schizophrenic. One moment, I am writing 'Get a Hint' in which Minho is an utter bastard and everything is just depressing. And the next, I am writing this where Minho is such a sweet, loving guy and everything is just full of fluff.