Smile #1

Scent of Smile

 

He closed his eyes with the odd mixtures of such different pairs of flair. Perhaps, it was the exact brief moment when he became too afraid to reveal the hidden lights that dimly shimmered in his eyes. His grip on the scraped paper slowly faded as the seconds departed away along in the air.

“Jongin?”

That, again. How the flowing voice of innocence could enter his ears with such a beautiful note?

“H-here, h-happy birthday,” he stuttered with both of his eyes still closed, his heart thumped madly in the matter of frail and glee. A bouquet of lily shoved out from his arms, the light scent of it created a wonderful sketch in the air that no one actually knew.

But then again, he didn’t lay a bead of trust in himself. What will happen to him next? Having tears slammed thoroughly on his face with such a painful rejection?

“Oh wow, Jongin, thank you so much! You are the first person that congratulated me today, you know? Well, after my family, that is,” she chuckled.

Until then, he could easily open his eyes with the fillings of consciousness. Is it true what he just heard?

“Thank you, Jongin.” A smile was beautifully carved on her flawless face.

Wonderful, he thought.

"If only..."

He sighed.

"I wanted her smile..."

"Yes, I wanted her smile, to be mine."