Fireproof

EXO fanfic recommendations ()

Title: Fireproof

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/295446

Author: FallenNephilim

Pairing: Baekyeol, slight!Taoris

Genre: angst, supernatural, murder, crime scenes

Description:

Byun Baekhyun, a young Detective with great potential, is given the case of the lifetime when he's told to find the identity of the fabled Phoenix, the serial killer who is known for burning his victims to death. But, despite his interest in the case, Baekhyun doesn't think he's right for the job. He thinks that he's too young and inexperienced. But he takes it in the end.

Too bad he has absolutely no idea what he's getting himself into.

My comments:

I don't know when this was submitted but i do know that it was over a couple months ago. The reason i stopped from reading it for some time now is because the main themes are murder, detective things and criminal investigations and those are usually quite tedious to me. But with the way this story turned out, I think i might keep an eye out for stories like this in the future.

The writing was perfect--which is always a big thing for me since I have (what some would consider) rather high standards. And despite the themes, no part of the story was boring or scary (which i don't like in stories because then i'll have to read every horrifying detail), nor were there any intense gore, if there was any at all. The author described everything with a lot a detail but in a short constructive paragraph each time; consisting of only a few sentences so you'd have a perfect idea of how it's played out, at the same time remaining at your interest.

tbqh, there were a lot of things i wasn't expecting, but made sense, and only made the story far more enjoyable.

i don't even know how to explain how perfect this story was. I know I say that's my 'excuse' when the story has so many perfect details and i don't feel like spending hours listing them all, but this has to be one of the very few times when i actually don't know waht to say. i can't pinpoint much in particular when there was no flaw in it whatsoever. the only thing i can say is that i wish it was longer. I don't know what else the author could've added to the story (probably nothing. she/he put in everyhting necessary and left out the unnecessaries) but i just wish it was longer so I'd have more time to enjoy reading it.

Submitted by: suju_lover1234