I...hate...mornings

We Are One

 

“Sehun-ah, time to get up,” Baekhyun said in a sing-songy voice, even though he knew it wouldn’t work on the bratty maknae.

“Says you,” he sassed. Baekhyun sighed, every single time...

“You need to get up now,” he replied more sternly this time.

“Do I really?” he questioned.

“Yes, we actually have stuff to do today,” he persisted.

“Right, we get to meet the snotty kings,” Sehun complained.

“They aren’t that bad, Sehun.”

“Kai says otherwise.” Baekhyun then sighed, he was getting nowhere.

“Fine, you can stay, have fun when we leave you home alone,” Baekhyun said, his tongue sticking out.

“I will!” he shouted, but then realised that was a stupid idea. “Fine...I’ll get up,” he finally decided.

“That’s what I thought,” Baekhyun chirped before, heading out of the room before the younger could conjure up anymore comebacks. He walked down the hallway a few steps before reaching another door, slowly opening it. A single strand of light floated across the room and landed straight in Kai’s eyes.

“God!” he shouted, sitting straight up and hissing loudly. He bared his fangs out of instinct and looks at Baekhyun with fire in his eyes.

“I just got back to sleep Baek!” he shouted, throwing his arms up in the air for dramatic effect.

“And?” Baekhyun said in a motherly sort of tone.

“And I want to continue to do so!” Kai snapped, throwing the sheets back over his head in an attempt to shut the other out.

“What happened to your honorifics in both those complaints,” Baek asked, completely discarding the youngers requests.

“Let me sleep hyung~” Jongin whined trying to sound as childish as possible.

“Nope, time to wake up. You know what today is.” he replied, immune to the little kid act.

“No ,” Kai replied, his voice suddenly sounding a lot more serious.

“Jongin...” Baekhyun started.

“Kai,’ the other corrected.

“Kai, you have nothing to worry about, I told you this already,” Baek siad, hoping to encourage the other.

“You don’t know what the hell they think!” Kai suddenly shouted. “What if they still want me dead? I don’t want to die...” he whispered, the sentence slowly getting quieter.

“You won’t. Don’t even think about something like that.”

“But i have to consider the possibility...”

“No, you don’t. They gave you to me, and I think you have done great, therefore you are fine.”

“What makes you think they care about your opinion?” Kai said with a snort.

“I have some leverage,” he chuckled with a small smirk forming on his lips.

“I don’t even want to know...” Kai suddenly announced standing up and stretching. “And if that was your way of getting me up, it definitely worked,” he joked.

“It wasn’t, but hey, worked out that way,” Baekhyun said innocently, any evil thoughts gone.

“Be downstairs in ten?” he then asked. Kai just nodded his head and slammed the door in his hyung’s face, signaling he was awake and back to himself.

“Little brats,” Baekhyun mumbled, looking back at Kai and Sehun’s rooms. He then looked forward to Chen’s room, realizing the ‘brat’ category was better than the ‘troll’ category.He opened the door slower than humanly possible, looking inside to make sure there were no traps awaiting him.

“Baekhyun, theres nothing going to attack you today,” Chen announced, emphasizing the word today. Baekhyun widened his eyes, not exactly believing him.

“Oh? Why not?” he asked, cautiously stepping into the disaster Chen called his room.

“Bad dreams equal lack of clever ideas,” Chen said as if it was actually logical.

“Good to know for future reference,” he stated.

“If any of you sabotage my sleep, you will wake up in a world of hurt,” Chen threatened. Baekhyun sighed and just shrugged.

“I make no promises,” he joked but then got back to the real subject. He opened his mouth to tell Chen to get ready, but he was interrupted immediately.

“Yes, I’m awake. Yes, I will be downstairs in ten minutes,” Chen said, answering the unspoken questions in Baekhyun’s head.

“One word, how?” Baekhyun asked, completely baffled by his psychic ability.

“Extreme talent~” he said in a sing-songy voice

“Sure...whatever...” he mumbled, walking out of Chen’s room. That kid was always full of surprises, and this was just today’s.

He walked down to the last room, which happened to be Suho’s room. He let out a relieved sigh, Suho wouldn’t put up a fight. He actually just yelled from the hallway, “Breakfast in ten!” and knew he would be down. Sehun and Kai yelled back “We know! We heard you already!” and stayed suspiciously silent. Kris just yelled, “Got you Mr.Eyeliner!” and Suho a simple, “Okay!”

He sped down to the kitchen making the quickest batch of pancakes that he has ever made. Suho came in the kitchen first.

“Morning Baek,” he greeted before snatching a pancake. Chen walked in next, taking the whole plate of pancakes, like every single one, and setting it down on the table.

“Chen, there are four others who have to eat,” Baekhyun sighed. Chen took about six pancakes on a separate plate.

“Here, for you, the tan dancer, and the brat,” Chen explained.

“And Kris?” Suho asked.

“Like Kris will be down here in time for breakfast,” Chen scoffed.

“And what's that supposed to mean?” Kai asked, Sehun following close behind him.

“It means Kris takes too long getting ready,” Sehun mumbled as he realized Chen jipped him out of his breakfast.

“I do not!” Kris shouted, walking into the kitchen. The shout was more meant to get his point across and not to scare the out of everybody, but it kind of worked that way.

“Sorry mighty Krisus,” Chen said with a wide smirk on his face. Kris then moved to pick up a pancake off of Chen’s pile and respectively toss it in the troll’s face.

“Woah, Kris, that might have been...” Baekhyun started, trying to reprimand his friend.

“Don’t care, it was worth it,” he boasted, disregarding anything anybody else says. He sat down, stole a few more pancakes and started to eat.

“Now that I think about it,” Chen started, holding up a pancake on a fork and analyzing it.

“Nope! No thinking from you! It always end up as some rant,” Kai objected.

“Why the heck can vampires eat human food and feel satisfied?” Chen questioned.

“We aren’t really satisfied genius, its kind of a temporary feeling,” Kris explained rudely.

“Whatever,” Chen mumbled.

Shockingly, which is drastically different from every other morning, the morning continued with little to no confrontation. No trolling, ing, and for the first time since Kai broke his foot, no dancing.

“What the hell is wrong with all of you?” Baekhyun asked as they all shuffled down the stairs, gathering near the front door.

“Where do we start?” Kris asked sarcastically.

“How about with the looming threat of death,” Kai played off a Kris.

“The possibility they will hate us and basically force us into hiding,” Sehun also added depressingly.

“The possibility that Chen will screw this all up,” Suho added, closing off the list.

“Really? Really? Your generous support is overwhelming!” Chen shouted. “I expected this from Kris, but Suho? Come on...” he then mumbled.

“Right...cause that all made sense,” Baekhyun then concluded, raising an eyebrow as he walked out the door.

“Hey guys! I have a story to tell you once we get in the car!” Chen suddenly shouted, his voice a little too excited.

“Should I be worried?” Suho questioned, looking at the troll as he climbed into the SUV.

“Yes,” Kris answered as he climbed into the driver’s seat.

“I CALL SHOTGUN!!” the troll shouted, hopping into the seat nxt to Kris.

“Hell no!” he shouted back, pushing Chen out of the seat and forcing him into the back. Baekhyun took the seat forcibly vacated with a wide smile on his face. They started up the car and quickly and hit the road, prepared for the hour long drive to Seoul.

“Oh! My story!” Chen, yet again, shouted loudly, making everyone go deaf.

“Stop reminding us and tell the damn story!!” Kai exploded, his anger finally getting the best of him. Chen cleared his throat with an *ahem* and began.

“When The skies and the grounds were one legends through there twelve forces nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red forces created the evil which covered the heart of tree of life and the heart slowly grew dry,” he started.

A universal groan went around the car, because they knew where this was going.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know, I know, this update is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overdue, don't remind me. And I know this stroy , cause when you envision something in your head, its near impossile to put down the amount of detail you want to the way you want to. And its really hard for me! This chapter is even more y because I have a writers block, and I figured "GIve them something and fix it later if you must." So that was my logic. Flawed, amaright? Well, you can comment on that if you feel like it. I'd probably take any comment, even if it is bashing me. But please don't! Me no likey depressing things! If you are still reading this, thank you for reading this in the first place! I mean the story...not the note...obviously... and if you guys have any sort of request or suggestion things for the story, I'd really appreciate it!!

~Byes!~