2nd Memory: Warnings

Memories from last Winter

  "Let me live longer, there's so many things I haven't seen yet!" she cried, while praying her usal evening prayer. Her leukaemia has gotten force recently, but her death was also nearing. The medicin didn't help, the body only grew weaker. Unfortunately were her prayers not heard, not by the right person. She was only 11 years old, not being able to see the world outside her home.

  "I'm going to get my whipped for this," I sighed. My interfering would cause problems, ending with a reprimand and demotion. Well, that what's happen, when you won't let faith take it course. I jumped down from the edge of the balcony, so I was standing outside her balcony door. The wind grew strong, a warning, but I did not care. I let the wind open the door for me.

 

  A stranger suddenly appeared in the door frame out to my balcony, the wind grabbing her long, blonde hair. White things flew into my room, both large and small. Her cold eyes frightened me, was my time already over?

  "Catherine. Come to me, come my child," an alluring voice. It sounded beautiful, but also dangerous, I just flinched together. She held her hand out for me, waiting for what I would do. I took hestiant steps towards her, slowly and carefully. she put her cold arms around me, rocking me gently to sleep. "This is all I can do for you."

  When I woke up the next morning, my room looked untouched. No wind had vandalized my room, no white stuff floating on the floor. Had it all been a dream? I sat upright, surprised by my body did not feel as painful as it used to. It was only then I discovered the thing around my neck. A delicate silver chain hang around my neck, with a beautiful feather pendant. There was also a white feather on my pillow, just the same as the pendant but bigger, a beautiful white feather.


 

  I was laying down and starring at the starry sky, a clear and frosty sky. How long since then? A day, a week, months, years maybe? Catherine lived 'til she was 27, Kibum's life got better, Zhou Xie's achieved his dream, Anh found her way out of the darkness again. There have been so many, that I barely remember them all, which faith went different. How long have I been an angel, even I can't remember any more. It's been a long time, that much I know.

  19 years went by since I made contact with Changmin, where I had stayed hidden in the shadows. His life had changed, he was a celebrity now. However, I have never listened to his music, I didn't have time. I was lying on a fine line between guardian angel and archangel, because I kept myself in the shadows and not made ​​more accidents. In short, I have not tampered with people's fate for nearly a century. But I have led new astray, only a little on purpose, because there was nothing exciting.

  I was also on Earth to keep an eye on a child guardian angel. Child guardian angels are guardian angels, that will grow up with their kid. There are not that many, but they exists. Unlike me who would never become older, I would stay in this form forever. Forever a body as one of 21, is not so bad, I have really nothing against it.

  "Lee Jinki, you are late."

  I rolled over on one side, and was now simply studying the grass. I need a report from him, give him an evaluation. Aish, just because unni had to move department! There's been a chaos on Earth, after she moved to another department. On the other hand, there would be much worse if I had moved. All had agreed on that.

  OUCH! A knee was planted in my stomach and knocked all the air out of me.

  "Onew. Move." I groaned. Just that he fell over me, proved it was Onew. The extra weight disappeared from my body, leaving my stomach very sore.

  "Dongsaeng! No, sunbae! Hannah-nim, are you okay?" he exclaimed in panic. What do you think? You gave me a knee in the stomach. I put a hand over my stomach, then I got up with a groan. I sighed and patted the grass next to me. He sat down silently beside me.

  We were sitting and looking at the stars, in silence. This peacefulness was delightful, soothing. But we should proceed with the work.

  "State of progress."

  "No suspicion yet, the boy is not even ready," he sighed. I turned my head.

  "I meant status report on your fame and work, oppa."

  "Nah, it's probably the same as always," he said, although he shrugged it. Of course I had to get someone who later became famous. I do understood why, Onew has a great voice, good looks and the most charming smile in the world. Chestnut hair, light brown tan, charming dark brown eyes. He has melted many girls' hearts away, and probably a few boys.

  "Rin-Rin says hi by the way."

  Even in the dark you could see that he was blushing. The two really should get together soon, I'm tired of being their postman. I wonder if unni got to anything to do with it, which would not come as a surprise.

  I got up to brush grass and soil of me, the meeting was over. An alarm bell began to ring, what would happen now!? I glanced briefly at Onew who understood what I was going. He smiled encouragingly at me, then he got up and started walking home. Of all times it would happen now, I had almost beaten a personal record of not doing anything!


 

  My heart was beating hard in my chest while I ran as fast as I could. His life was in danger, great danger.

  Changmin, let me be there in time before something happens to you.