1st Memory: Lost is Found

Memories from last Winter

  "Look, umma, it's snowing," he yelled happily, as he stuck his bare hands at the sky. The year's first snow, it fell in October - not December, if that's what you thought. His smile only got bigger and bigger, what was so special about snow?

  I caught a snowflake with my hand and watch as the melted away. How could such a small thing, bring so much happiness? I closed my eyes, to gather my thoughts, and let tree I was standing against hold my weight. Okay, technically I was standing up in a tree, keeping an eye on him, so there was not much tree to lean against. That way he would not notice me, I’m not going to do that kind of mistake again, the time for meeting me had yet to come.

  "Umma~! Umma~! UMMAA~!"

  I was dragged out of thoughts, when the punk began to scream. He had food, money and clothes, why was there a need to scream? Ooh, ah, I understand now, his mother was gone. Wait, where did that hag go to?!

  In these situations it's good to have a eagle eye vision, since I didn't have my wings any more - yet I still continued to leave feathers everywhere I go, so they weren't complete gone. Back to the search after hos mother, before the punk begins to whining any more.

  "Aish, annoying snow!" a voice above me exclaimed. Oh no, not now.

  Dark brown, long hair, chocolate-brown eyes, oval face, cute little noise, good shapes. Yep, my unni was here. I would normally give a much more detailed description, but she doesn't need further description. She's just a mino-

  "Oh shut it, kiddo," she snapped, as she pushed me down from my branch.

  BUMP.

  I stared up at her, just laying still in the snow. My bones needed to get in their right place, before doing anything. I would chase her, if I could, but I was too lazy. The punk still cried.

  "Hachacha, if you don't save your kid, you are going to get degraded to angel again," she sighed. Degraded to angel? Again?

  "NEVER EVER FREAKING AGAIN," I screamed, getting up as fast as possible and running in the direction of my kid. I heard say something about youngsters these days - she was not that much older than me!

 

  On the way over I tripped over a branch. Well, in the beginning I thought it was a branch, but it turned out to be a human. A boy, to be exact, around four years old. Brown eyes, blackbrown-ish hair, big ears and plump lips. I have seen the face before, but where...

  "Umm.. Noona, how long are you going to face down the snow?" he asked carefully. Ah, I was laying with the face down in snow, after I ran into him. I got up, with the pride I still had left, and brushed the snow off me. Now I remember who he was!

  "Changminnie, shouldn't you think about finding your umma," I asked, trying with a warm voice. Please don't think I'm some sort of e! He just looked surprised at me, but tears started to swell in his eyes. Oops....

  I sighed shortly, but decided to take my white scarf off. I wrapped him in it, making sure his neck stayed warm. I fished a pair of Pokémon gloves up from my coat's pocket - our couts are magical, they can provide us what we need in different situations - and putted it on his hand.


 

  I crouched down in front of him, almost being the same height with our faces. I used my sleeve to blow his nose and the other one to dry his eyes. I gently planted a kiss on his cheek, and tugged him in for a hug. I released my grip around him and straighten myself up.

  "Ready to find umma, right?"

  He nodded eagerly and I could see he smiled, even through the smile was hidden behind the big scarf. This time it wasn't me, but him that took my hand and looked expectantly at me. I smiled the most gentle I ever could back at him, giving his hand a tiny squeeze as I began to drag in the right direction.

  His grip around my hand loosened and began sprinting towards his mother. I smiled to myself, it would always be them letting go on us. I directed my gaze towards the sky. What now? I asked, knowing I would not get an answer. A strong gust of wind hit me, but I felt nothing. I felt light again.

 

 

  I wanted to show umma the nice noona, put when I pointed in her direction, she were gone. She was standing there just a minute ago! I ran over to the place she had been, but there were no footsteps. Had it been purely imaginary? If it were, then where did the big scarf and Pokémon gloves come from?

  My umma dragged me on, because my gaze was directed at her place. It snowed harder, so everything around me became white. I could not see it clearly, but it looked like there was a shadow standing and waving at me. A feeling of home and warmth was floating from that place. The place she kissed my cheek began to feel warmer. She knew my name, she seemed familiar yet foreign at the same time. I felt secure with her.


 

  Noona, just who are you?