Chapter Two

Friendzoned

“How well do you know Eunji?” Dongwoo asked Hoya curiously as they picked up stray, dirty clothes around the apartment.

 

Hoya stopped for a moment, thinking of how to explain their relationship and everything they went through together.

 

“Haven’t I talked to you about her yet?” Hoya answered his question with another one, suddenly distracted with sorting the random objects on the floor. The dorm was extremely messy, and Sunggyu demanded that the members clean before the girls came over that night.

 

Woohyun entered the room they were in, obviously eavesdropping through the thin wall. “Storytime, storytime!” He childishly exclaimed.

 

Hoya groaned. Woohyun could annoy him to death sometimes. “Were you listening again?”

 

Woohyun gave him a crooked smile. “Once I heard Dongwoo mention Eunji, I knew there would be some juicy gossip.”

 

Dongwoo and Hoya exchanged a knowing look. “Did you really just say ‘juicy gossip?’” Dongwoo laughed.

 

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that?” Woohyun was naïve.

 

“Hyung, give me your phone.” Hoya firmly held out his hand. Woohyun reluctantly the iPhone at Hoya. He opened the ‘Messages’ icon and scrolled down. Other than group and individual messages with the rest of Infinite, Woohyun sent hundreds of texts to a number listed as The Devil’s Spawn. Hoya couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

 

“Chorong is the only other person you text other than us.” Dongwoo stated, immediately knowing who the number was.

 

Woohyun widened his eyes, looking like a young boy caught in the act of stealing chocolates from the candy store. “Yah! Why are you looking through my stuff?! That isn’t your business.” Woohyun snatched his phone back.

 

“Only Chorong says ‘juicy gossip.’ You’re talking to her too much. Just go out with her already.” Dongwoo slapped him on the back, offering his advice.

 

“Park Chorong? Go out with Park Chorong? Ha! You two are crazy. I don’t like her. Nope, not at all. I don’t like her. Did I ever say I’m interested in her? No! She’s not even cute, I mean, come on. Look at her. I only mess with her because…” Woohyun closed his mouth in the middle of his tangent.

 

“Because?... She’s cute and super hot? You act like a buffoon around her, flirting like there’s no tomorrow.” Dongwoo finished his sentence.

 

Woohyun narrowed his eyes and closed the space between himself and Dongwoo. “Did you just say she’s cute and hot? Take that back right now, or don’t speak to her, come near her, don’t even look in her direction.” Dongwoo just chuckled.

 

“Yup, he’s totally in denial.” Hoya separated the two, allowing Woohyun to calm down.

 

“Speaking of Chorong, weren’t you going to talk to me about Eunji before this lovesick fool came in?” Dongwoo playfully shoved a still insanely jealous Woohyun, who pushed him back.

 

“Oh yeah, Eunji… Well what do you want to know?” Eunji constantly appeared in his thoughts, even when he didn’t want her to. It was a blessing and a curse at the same time.

 

“We want to know how you guys became such good friends. You never really talk about her, yet you could recognize her voice on another floor of this building. It’s crazy.” Woohyun plopped down on the floor, crossing his legs. Hoya and Dongwoo followed suit.

 

“I’ve known her since I was six. We were neighbors in Busan until I moved to Seoul to train here at Woolim. She was my closest friend, and still is. So yes, Dongwoo, we’re very close.” Hoya said thoughtfully.

 

“Man, that’s pretty cool actually. I’ve never been that close to a girl before. Isn’t it weird since she’s a girl, you’re a guy, and you two are both attracted to the opposite ? I mean, if I were you, I would’ve made a move a while ago. Unless she’s a lesbian. Wait, Eunji is a lesbian?” Woohyun was talking so fast and animatedly that Hoya could barely understand him.

 

“Shut up, will you? Let him talk.” Dongwoo silenced Woohyun, who crossed his arms and looked away.

 

“She’s a friend and will stay a friend, don’t worry. But she’s not lesbian, unless she’s hiding that from me.” Hoya forced himself to keep his tone nonchalant, when in fact, he was lying through his teeth.

 

“I guess what I wanted to know was how both of you ended up becoming idols, starring in the same drama, and how we’re practically all living together.” Dongwoo continued.

 

“It had always been my dream to be famous and coincidentally, Eunji wanted to be an idol one day. It just so happened that both of them came true. As for Reply 1997, I had our manager look into getting a role for me once I heard Eunji would be the lead.”

 

“That makes sense, but why are we living with each other then?” Woohyun piped up.

 

Hoya gave them a small smile. “It must be fate then.”


 

“You’ve got to be kidding me! I have absolutely nothing to wear.” Chorong flipped through her closet. She laid several outfits on her bed. Eunji scanned all of them, finding no fault with them. She kind of understood why Chorong was making a big deal about tonight. Basically, they were going next door for a low-key movie night. Usually, she would go over to their dorm in a t-shirt and sweats, but tonight she was going to make an effort to look nice. Perhaps he would finally notice her.

 

“Unnie, you’ll look fine in anything you wear. Stop stressing so much.” Eunji reassured the worried leader. Chorong pulled her hair in exasperation.

 

“That’s easy for you to say, nobody will judge you even if you showed up in a garbage bag! You’re cool with everyone because of Hoya. Shoot, Hoya would still be associated with you if you went there .” Chorong threw another pair of jeans at Eunji. She nodded her head in approval of the pants.

 

“If I showed up at the residence of seven young males, I’m pretty sure they would scream out of fright then one of them would me. Possibly Woohyun.” Eunji included Woohyun just to spite Chorong. Chorong glared at Eunji.

 

“Woohyun flirts with anything existing and anything breathing with his eyes, including myself. Everytime he looks at me I feel violated.” Chorong scoffed in disgust.

 

“But you like it, I can tell. Admit it, you like how he pays attention to you. You flirt back too!” Eunji tried to get Chorong to crack under the pressure. She was the most romantic of the group and wished to see Chorong and Woohyun date. Their relationship was the cutest thing ever to her.

 

“I do not! I insult him, how is that remotely related to flirting?” Chorong protested.

 

“You’re trying to find the perfect outfit to impress Woohyun, aren’t you? Stop being so stubborn! The sooner you admit you’re in love with him, the sooner I can set you two up. Hoya oppa and I will be the ultimate wingmen.” Eunji clasped her hands together, spinning in the flowy pink dress she was allowed to take home from the photo shoot.

 

Chorong looked down, her long hair covering her red face. “Speak for yourself.” She muttered.

 

“What do you mean unnie?” Eunji replied shakily. Had Chorong finally figured her out?

 

“Nothing. Just shut up about Woohyun or I’ll smother you with all these clothes.” Chorong threatened her lightly. She decided that she would confront Eunji when the time was appropriate.

 

“Fine.” Eunji giggled. “I already have the dress I’m going to wear laid out for tonight.”

 

Chorong raised a perfectly-shaped eyebrow. “Dress? Why don’t you keep it a little more casual? I’m only wearing jeans.”

 

Eunji sighed. Chorong would never understand. She had to chase the object of her affections, whereas Chorong already had Woohyun in a trap. Eunji wanted make him notice her. She was forced to put extra effort in everything she did around him. “But I want to look nice tonight.” Eunji blushed thinking of how surprised he would be when he saw her on his doorstep.

 

“Ooh, does Eunji have a little crush on someone in Infinte?” Chorong poked Eunji. She was excited that Eunji was finally going to admit what she wanted to confront her about. It was about damn time.

 

“Maybe.” Eunji didn’t want to tell Chorong, at least, not just yet. She didn’t want help, she wanted to do this all on her own, no matter how hard it was turning out to be.

 

“Tell me already!” Chorong squealed. Eunji jumped up, moving towards the door.

 

“Well look at the time, I have to go!” Eunji ran out of the room, slamming it behind her.

 

“You will tell me eventually, Jung Hyerim!” Chorong yelled, hoping Eunji heard her. She chuckled to herself. When was Eunji going to see that the perfect man was right in front of her all along?


A/N: Sorry for another short update, I've been so busy with school. But I promise the next chapter will be full of action and pinkfinite goodness; a few things that were a bit mysterious this chapter will be revealed in the next. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!