Chapter One

Friendzoned

Present Day, Cheongdam

 

He rubbed his eyes and lifted up the blanket, suddenly feeling the damn sheets. He groaned. It had been the second time that week that he dreamt of Eunji. It had happened so often now that it wasn’t a surprise anymore. Sungjong appeared  by his side, groggily scratching his head. He yawned and gave  Hoya a sleepy smile.

 

“You dreamt of that mystery chick you won’t tell me about again? Dude, get it in already.” Sungjong commented on Hoya’s sheets. Hoya pushed him aside.

 

“You’re the youngest here, don’t tell me what to do.” Hoya joked around. He stumbled around the apartment. Everyone else was already awake and eating a light breakfast.

 

Woohyun stretched and addressed everyone. “I can’t believe we’re all free tonight. This is, like, the first time we can hang out and just chill. There’s no work for once.”

 

“Well, we still have the concert tomorrow. Don’t party too hard tonight.” Sunggyu, being the leader, remarked smartly.

 

“Clubbing tonight? Anyone up for it?” Woohyun ignored Sunggyu and looked at everyone else.

 

“I think we can all agree we’re tired. How about a little movie night?” Sungyeol softly said. Hoya cocked his head. It sounded like a good idea.

 

“Just us though? Let’s invite girls!” Woohyun exclaimed.

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “We just moved into this dorm and you want to have girls over? Why am I not surprised?”

 

Dongwoo was all for it though. “Woohyun’s using his brain for once. But who?”

 

Suddenly, a faint screech could be heard from another floor in the apartment complex. Hoya was startled. He could recognize that voice from anywhere. He ran to the foyer, putting shoes on. The rest were puzzled.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Sungjong curiously asked him. Hoya motioned for the other six to follow him.

 

“That was Eunji, guys. I want to see what’s up.” Hoya explained. He was panicking inside, but maintained a calm exterior. What if something happened to her? So many scenarios played out in his head.

 

“You know that’s Eunji? Damn, you really do know her well.” Dongwoo chuckled.

 

They squeezed into the elevator and Hoya frantically pressed the button for their level.

 

“Don’t you think you’re overreacting a bit?” Sungyeol cast a sideways glance at Hoya, who ran out of the elevator once the doors opened. He knocked on the door to A Pink’s dorm.

 

“Eunji, are you okay? Eunji, open the door!” Hoya called out. The Infinite members could hear giggles, hushed whispers, and scrambling feet from the other side. A red-faced Eunji opened the door. Hoya fought the urge to bring her into a tight hug,  knowing she was safe and out of harm’s way. He was overreacting enough as it was.

 

“Hoya oppa, you could hear me? We were just playing around. I had no idea I was that loud. I see you brought everyone else…” Eunji’s eyes lingered on Myungsoo before stepping aside to let everyone in.

 

The girls were alarmed at the sudden male presence. Fresh-faced and in pajamas, Chorong glared at Eunji. Eunji just shrugged and said, “We don’t look that bad and I couldn’t say no to them.”

 

“No need to fear girls, we come in peace.” Woohyun winked at Chorong, who scoffed at his ability to flirt even though it was only 9:30 in the morning. Woohyun suddenly snapped his fingers in realization.

 

“We came over here to invite you guys to our movie night tonight. We’re all free tonight, so if you guys are too…” He trailed off, trying to warm them up to the idea. Namjoo and Hayoung exchanged excited squeals.

 

Hoya glanced at Eunji, who was staring into space. She seemed a bit off today, which never happened. She snapped her head up at the sound of her name. “Huh?”

 

“Do you want to go over to their dorm tonight for a scary movie?” Naeun waited for her answer.

 

“Um, sure. I don’t have anything better to do.” Eunji replied half-heartedly.

 

Woohyun smirked at Chorong. “You’re the only one that doesn’t want to come. Don’t be a downer.” He reached out to touch her, but she slapped his hand away.

 

“Don’t touch me.” Chorong hissed at him, obviously annoyed at the unwanted presence of males in her apartment. It wasn’t like she didn’t like them, but Woohyun always knew how to get on her nerves.

 

Both groups watched Woohyun and Chorong go at it for a good five minutes before Myungsoo interrupted them. “You two are children.” Eunji nodded her head furiously, jumping in.

 

“Myungsoo oppa’s right. Listen to him.” Woohyun and Chorong fell into a much-needed silence, for it wasn’t often that Myungsoo was firm in his words. Myungsoo smiled at Eunji gratefully, something that didn’t go unnoticed by Hoya.

 

Bomi stretched, resting her arm on Yookyung’s shoulder. “I don’t want to be rude, but we’re have to kick you out. We have a photoshoot in a few hours. We’ll be over at 7.”

Chrong pointed at Woohyun. “Don’t blow up my phone while I’m working, I don’t need another headache.”

 

Woohyun blew her a kiss. “You know you love it.”

 

Myungsoo was about to leave when Naeun tugged on his sleeve. “Are y-you going t-t-to be there tonight t-too?” She stuttered around Myungsoo when she got the courage to talk to him.

 

He gave her a small smile. “Of course, I’ll see you tonight.” Naeun waved goodbye.

 

Eunji overheard their exchange and grinned to herself before turning to Hoya. “I need to talk to you.”

 

Hoya sat on their couch. “Sorry about coming over so suddenly. I thought something was seriously wrong.”

 

She sank into the leather cushion next to him and sighed. “It’s okay, I can’t stay mad at you for long. You’re too cute.”

 

Hoya’s heart soared. She thinks I’m cute? “You think I’m cute?” He repeated out loud.

 

“Of course, you’re the cutest big brother I could ever have.” Hoya’s smile faded.

 

“You act like your character in Reply 1997, always treating me like a brother.” Hoya stated.

 

“And your point? You’re my brother, aren’t you?” Eunji didn’t understand what Hoya was trying to say.

 

He shook his head. “Never mind. Are you looking forward to watching a movie with us tonight?”

 

Eunji smiled to herself. “I’m pretty excited actually.”

 

Hoya . “Let me guess, you’re super excited because you get to spend more time with me, right?” He put his arm around her.

 

“No… Not because of you.” Eunji stuck her tongue out at you.

 

Hoya clutched his chest. “I’m so hurt.” His sentence came out as sarcasm, but he was a little wounded inside. He gazed at Eunji’s profile in the sunlight, wondering how someone could grow up to be so beautiful. Everything about her was absolutely perfect.

 

She took a glance at the clock. “Oh shoot! I have to get ready. I’ll see you later, Hoya oppa.” She skipped back to her room, giving Hoya one last look. He perceived it as seductive, but he knew he was just imagining it.

 

As he stepped into the elevator to go back to his floor, he remembered how Eunji looked this morning. Messy bun, a thin tank top, and short shorts. He bit his lip admiring her body in his mind. He shook his head after a moment, disappointed.

 

She’d never feel the same way. She would never know of his growing love for him.

 

It was official. Hoya was forever in the friend zone.


 

A/N: Yay! I finally have a few subscribers! This is just a short update with a foreshadowing of all the couples, but I wanted to mention ActCoy for the amazing poster for this story! Seriously, it’s really cute. Thanks!